[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40K FILM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Trumpster.png (3 MB, 1036x4314) Image search: [Google]
Trumpster.png
3 MB, 1036x4314
Cast it, and not that shitty one with Mark Strong, do an original one
>>
>tfw no WW3

The windows passed lads
>>
>>68246419
What?
>>
>>68246333
as someone into this shit but not that into it, this needs names
>>
>>68246333
>40k
tubby virgin manchildren general?
>>
File: 123.jpg (103 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
103 KB, 569x802
>>68246535
The Politicians or the Primarchs?

>>68246575
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>68246593
Primarchs, not to say I know all of the politicians, just dont care.
>>
>>68246333
arent primarchs like 15 ft tall

idk anybody that tall
>>
>>68247672
I thought the general census was more like 8-10.
Not that that's any more realistic...
>>
File: LemanRuss.jpg (180 KB, 587x774) Image search: [Google]
LemanRuss.jpg
180 KB, 587x774
Best Primarch coming through. Should be played by that guy who plays The Mountain on GoT
>>
>>68248067
Thanks bruh, turns out I knew about half of em.
>>
File: Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png (2 MB, 1041x924) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png
2 MB, 1041x924
>>68247906
In descending order
Lion El'Jonson - Dark Angels - Asleep
Fulgrim - Emperor's Children - Champion of Slaanesh
Perturabo - Iron Warrios - Fell to Chaos
Jaghatai Khan - White Scars - disappeared in the Warp with Dark Eldars
Leman Russ - Space Wolves - In the Eye of Terror
Konrad Curze - Night Lords - Fell to Chaos, Dead
Sanguinius - Blood Angels - Dead
Ferrus Manus - Iron Hands - Dead
Angron - World Eaters - Champion of Khorne
Mortarion - Death Guard - Champion of Nurgle
Magnus the Red - Thousand Sons - Champion of Tzeentch
Horus - Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus - Deader than dead
Vulkan - Salamanders - Probably alive somewhere
Corax - Raven Guard - Probably in the Eye of Terror
Alpharius/Omegon - Alpha Legion - Who knowsI am Alpharius
Roboute Guilliman - Ultramarines - Mostly dead, possibly alive
Rogal Dorn - Imperial Fists - Dead

Missing pic related, that sexy bastard Lorgar - Word Bearers - First Priest of Chaos Undivided

>>68247672
>>68247906
It varies, and it is generally unclear.

The case could be made for Magnus and Vulkan.
Definitely not the case for Alpharius since he can pass for a Marine. Who average at 7-8 feet tall
>>
What's wrong with Mark Strong? He's already done quite a bit of 40K stuff so he'd be going in with some prior knowledge.
>>
>>68248193
He's a meme
>>
>>68248131
>one punch
>>
>>68248167
Should have refreshed the page first but I fucked up my spoilers the first time.

>>68246333
Well now with the Warcraft movie we might get to see some sort of adaptation. Though they already exist.

Can't wait for the plagiarism criticism, the complaints about pauldrons, the manichean characters being ridiculed and the obvious Paradise Lost comparison. And for it to bomb.
>>
File: Costanzaa.png (251 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Costanzaa.png
251 KB, 500x375
>>68248221
>I'm really really loyal-Lion El'Jonson
>>
>>68248221
You Jonson memelords are the fucking worst. They fought for a full day and when Russ started laughing about how stupid their fight was the Lion autistically thought he was being mocked and sucker punched him.
>>
>>68248348
But he is though.

As for his Legion, obviously that Black Templar ship experienced accidental but critical Warp Drive failure which was the cause for its disappearance. While in the Warp. Away from any Dark Angels fleet.

>>68248427
And the rivalry is largely friendly and without much rancor.
>>
>>68246333
Jesus, even for hackneyed political cucks like /pol/ that's a shit list and description. Who the hell likes romney? Like of any political stripe? Literally his base of support are cultists.
As for a 40k movie, assuming it's live action, it should not have any primarchs at any point. It should be a Guardsmen given a whirlwind tour of the setting that exposes the HUGENESS and GRIMDARKNESS at every turn, before he heroically sacrifices his life for the emperor so that they can take one city block.

Sphess Mawheens should appear once, briefly and be gigantic shadows that move almost to fast for him to see. Really hammer home why the populace literally thinks they are divine angels of retribution.

If it's animated, and that probably means CGI shit, it should be fleet based to really take advantage of showing insane scales. Would be good to be able to show set pieces like enemy ship interiors being wildly different.
>>
File: 40k2.jpg (529 KB, 772x739) Image search: [Google]
40k2.jpg
529 KB, 772x739
>>68248476
>>
>>68248533
The Lion is completely Loyal. To the Emperor, of course.

>"I do not care who knows the truth now, tomorrow, or in ten thousand years. Loyalty is its own reward."
>>
>>68248521
While I really want to agree the best case is a decent movie that doesn't make enough for sequels.
They'd have to blow their load to get the train rolling with a big fan-base.
>>
>>68248631
The lion betrayed the Emperor. Only his Castellan remembered what loyalty means. This is the dark secret that the Dark Angels strive to make the universe forget. The Lion lives as the primary prisoner on the rock and he will not be allowed to die until all those who survived his treachery are forced to recant where he can see.
>>
>>68248631
>Lionfags actually believe this
Yeah, a guy who's strategic and logistic genius is only rivaled by Horus and Gulliman was late to the siege of Terra because he was loyal...

Face it, Lion was waiting for a clear cut winner to emerge before he committed his forces.
>>
>>68248722
It's worth remembering there is no huge fanbase and GW has publicly stated they don't want one in various shareholder reports. That's one reason we will never get a good movie, and literallly a reason they have given for all their game merchandising being shit. They don't WANT to succeed in these areas because it takes away from their core base of "whale" nerds.
>>
>>68248219

You're a fucking meme, don't reply to me like that ever again.
>>
>>68248816
That's what I mean.
A first movie would have to garner the fan-base rather than be subtle and appease the current one.

It ain't happenin but a man can dream
>>
>>68248825
You must be a Dork Angel from the way you are colon rampaged
>>
>>68248752
>>68248795
>Goes around breaking the back of numerous traitor fleets and generally wreaking havoc against the heretics
>Steps aside to give the more worthy Sanguinius command of Imperium Secundus, at the time the best chance for mankind's continued survival
>traitor.

Okay then.
>>
>>68248891
I don't know if I agree with that conclusion.

You can make HEAVY METAL ALBUM COVERB THE MOVIE and appease both new crowds looking for a novel thrill and still appease the neck beards.

It's just a matter of GW wanting to succeed, having the skill succeed, spending the money to succeed, and having the courage to succeed by producing something truely GRIMDARK. You know. Small things.
>>
>>68248929
Anything about the traitor el'johnson fighting the heretic fleets is just misinformation spread by the dark angels to hide the truth they fear coming to light. The fact that dark angels openly fought on both sides lets them make crucial edits so that the depth of that betrayal does not come to light until they have redeemed themselves. If the other loyalists knew, they would eradicate the dark angels.
>>
/pol/ ruined WH40k to me
>>
>>68249020
Games Workshop ruined it for me
>>
>>68249020
Same.

"Holy shit this setting is awesome, I love the cartoonish villany and over the top grimdarkness. Wait you faggots arn't supposed to agree with that, it's hilariously extreme hyperbole of the worst of humanity, no stop memeing you faggots."
>>
>>68248998
A First Founding being threatened for reasons of Heresy is almost impossible in M41.
Logan Grimnar carries around a reforged Chaos Axe, he killed a Grey Knights Grand Master in front of witnesses and got away with it. And they have that Wulfen curse.
The Gauntlets of Ultramar were taken from a Chaos champion.
The Blood Angels go crazy at the drop of hat with no consequences.
The Raven Guard was the subject of heretical experiments.
Draigo implied that he know all about the Dark Angels, yet he did jack shit to deal with them.

Offshoots might be quietly executed. Or exiled. The two lost Primarchs were dealt with for plot reasons because the Emperor was still around.

The big names will never be touched. Because that would require the plot to move forward.
Age of the Emperor when.
>>
>>68248951
I don't see GW doing shit, I'm just trying to see it through the eyes hollywood big shots trying to make a buck because I think thats the most likely way a movie will ever happen.

On the other hand there is a bunch of video games coming out, surely at least one will be good.
>>
>>68246333
Band of brothers as imperial guard, identical cast, add Dolph lundgren as a commisar
>>
>>68249191
Remember when dawn of war was good? and the immediate response was to SHUT IT DOWN.

Remember when they decided to make a Knight game for iphones?

You know I could make a huge list of every horrible release but lets just take a look at the best thing coming out, total warhammer, being a dlc shit fest.
>>
>>68249177
The two "lost" Primarchs were dealt with because the pissed the Emperor off and he unleashed Russ on them.
>>
>>68248131
Haffthor bjornsson, and yeah
>>
>>68249231
Well that's how the story goes yes. But really they diseappeared because the seed of doubt must exist.
Because if even the sons of the Emperor are faillible, no one is safe.
And because it gives players a reasons to create Chapters without bothering about ancesty.

>>68249230
Deathwing might still be good you know. And so far not a DLC has been announced. But then, pretty much nothing has been announced about it.
>>
>>68249177
>A First Founding being threatened for reasons of Heresy is almost impossible in M41.
Dark Angels are an insular cult of autists that purposeful don't talk to anybody. Ever. They have no idea what people are thinking. They still believe it's M30.
>Logan Grimnar carries around a reforged Chaos Axe, he killed a Grey Knights Grand Master in front of witnesses and got away with it. And they have that Wulfen curse.
The space wolf books always seemed like fanfiction tier shit to me. I've ignored them since I can medically only read the word wolf 40 times in one page before breaking into fits.
>The Blood Angels go crazy at the drop of hat with no consequences.
And between that and the fleshtearers the fluff is constantly talking about the inquisition being this close to ending them like that Lions chapter.
>The Raven Guard was the subject of heretical experiments.
Aaaaaaand nobody trusts them and they've had less than a half dozen off shoot chapters over the centuries all of whom ended quickly.
>Draigo implied that he know all about the Dark Angels, yet he did jack shit to deal with them.
Draigo knows about El'Johnsons treachery but he's cool as long as the ones left are loyal.

>The big names will never be touched. Because that would require the plot to move forward.
Stop being correct.
>Age of the Emperor when.
when gw breaks up and fanfiction takes the gameforward 30 years from now.
>>
>>68249230
Even though it was meant as sarcasm, still cant help but hope that space hulk one and eternal crusade will at least be playable
>>
>>68249177
>Logan Grimnar carries around a reforged Chaos Axe, he killed a Grey Knights Grand Master in front of witnesses and got away with it. And they have that Wulfen curse.

He bent that sword to his will, that Gray Knight bitch had it coming violating the cease fire they agreed upon, and the Wulfen curse is no worse than the Red Thirst, Black Rage, Black Dragon mutations, etc etc
>>
>>68249337
>Dark Angels are an insular cult of autists that purposeful don't talk to anybody. Ever. They have no idea what people are thinking. They still believe it's M30.
Which might play in their favour. Being pretty much a legion helps a little. Much like it probably helps the Ultramarines.

>The space wolf books always seemed like fanfiction tier shit to me. I've ignored them since I can medically only read the word wolf 40 times in one page before breaking into fits.

WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF

Seriously though, they're not the only one who got away with stupid shit. And they might be trying to redeem Russ. A little. But really,

>>The big names will never be touched. Because that would require the plot to move forward.
>Stop being correct.
I wish I could, in this case. Just a little though, I enjoy the setting as is.
>>Age of the Emperor when.
>when gw breaks up and fanfiction takes the gameforward 30 years from now.
Being clear, I don't really want that. Hitting the reset button is lazy, especially when there is so much HAPPENING that never goes anywhere. On the other hand, they could play up the grimdarkness a little, rather than going all brooding darkness all the time.

>>68249442
Don't remember Grimnar being a psyker. As for the rest, they and the others might get in trouble for that. Sometime. Very soon. Stay tuned, it will happen any day now. Really.

Except for the Black Dragons, nobody knows they exist anyway.
>>
>>68249547
Eh, Space Wolves are a first founding chapter with an impecable record, are highly popular with other Imperial forces and also outnumber any other Space Marine chapter since they said "fuck you" to Robute Gullimian and his Codex. Good luck trying to punish them
>>
>>68249641
That was the point yes. It also applies to all First Founding, pretty much.

But they do not outnumber anyone nowadays. They might just be oversize.
And the same goes for the Black Templars.
>>
>>68249725
The Templars might be the only ones to outnumber the Wolves and that's only because they have scount companies that number in the 1000's. In terms of fully trained marines I doubt anyone outnumber the Swolves.
>>
Why not just translate the Eisenhorn novels to film?
>>
>>68249778
Retconned. Official numbers give around Chapter strength for the Black Templars and maybe a little more for the Space Wolves. The great companies are around codex company strength now.
Finished are the days of multiple thousands BTs and chapter equivalent Great Companies.

>>68250924
It might be difficult to do the worldbuilding competently enough. It does hinge upon integral concepts of the setting.
Who would play Eisenhorn?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.