[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was so good yet so bad. It had some great scenes and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: v1.jpg (143 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
143 KB, 800x1200
This movie was so good yet so bad. It had some great scenes and Jay and Silent Bob are fantastic, but the acting is horrible.

What does /tv/ think?
>>
>>68236705
the acting was fine, it could of been a lot worse.

either way this movie is incredible.
>>
i liked the death star 2 conversation. thats why the film was so good, it related to the viewer at the time. people who watch it now will know what they are talking about but never experience living in the 90's as a jaded wageslave. its different, take it from a mid 30's working at a gas station. brb ending my life
>>
>>68236705
perfectly sums up the lazy laid back life that comes from being the sole person working a low-traffic business.
If I didn't have a laptop and internet and the go-ahead from my boss to fuck around during downtime, I'd probably have a friend over here all the time, or get to know the people next door, or something.

People used to talk in person, it's going to be sad when the last generation to remember that dies out.
>>
>>68236782
A lot of the "acting" is long drawn out pretentious monologues with words that nobody in real life ever uses, I don't believe that these convenient store scum fucks would talk like that, most scenes It's very obvious that they're are all bad actors spitting out their contrived lines.

Jay and silent bob and Randall are great though
>>
It's shit

Faggot got lucky releasing this during the height of the grunge era when people thought cheap meaningless poorly acted poorly made poorly written trash like this was 'cool'

Fuck Kevin smith
>>
>>68236876
that gas station feel
>>
>>68236954
unfortunately the only pump jockey job i had was at one of the busiest stations in the city, so i never got that lazy feel from it.
Worked with some fucking stupid teenagers and some seriously jaded retired guys though
>>
>>68236906
>long drawn out pretentious monologues with words that nobody in real life ever uses

Yeah, but almost all of Kevin Smith's films are written like this. It's his thing, he does it intentionally.
>>
>>68236906
I don't think it's as bad as you make it out like, but I agree that a lot of the conversations don't feel like conversations and more just back and forth manufactured dialogue so that the character leading the scene can make a point about something. It's actually entertaining a lot of the time, but half the extras with speaking roles can barely even remember their lines, let alone deliver them effectively.
>>
That movie sucked 37 dicks
>>
>>68237319
yes, in a row.
>>
>>68237217
I still love the movie some of it feels authentic and natural, Jason Mewes and Jeff Anderson are really the only 2 actors with any kind of natural talent and charisma in the entire movie, everyone else was like you said very bad delivery and manufactured.

If you're going to write a wordy script like that you really need higher caliber actors.
>>
>>68237197
So hes basically a fat shitty discount Tarantino?
>>
>>68237704
His dialogue does read quite a lot like Tarantino's, yes.
>>
>>68237470
Yeah, I agree. And overall I really do like the movie, but the acting definitely brings it down. I guess when Kevin Smith made it he didn't really have the kind of pull/money necessary
>>
Where would you rather work, Quick Stop of Mooby's?
>>
>>68236705
it was his first movie with a budget of like 40k, of course its not gonna be great. Clerks 2 though... best film Smith has made yet.
>>
>>68236705
not going to lie, its my favorite movie of all time
>>
>>68236705
I've purchased this movie a couple times, watched it hundred of times, and have seen the cartoon hundreds of times as well. Just an over all, as cancerous as this word is, "comfy" movie. I can just lay back and watch it and never get tired of it. Always loved watching the movie and show with the commentary on
>that old ass laserdisc audio commentary with super shy Kevin Smith
>>
File: tumblr_lyu7sjtKAI1qb9ngzo1_500.jpg (47 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyu7sjtKAI1qb9ngzo1_500.jpg
47 KB, 500x324
>>68238359
$27,575
>>
I like it quite a bit. Good Kevin Smith shit is all about excellent dialogue.

Especially about Deathstar contractors.

It has necrophilia, casket toppling, the most stereotypical Jew customer in modern cinema, a toddler smoking and roof hockey. But all outta Gatorade.
>>
File: mr.hat.gif-original.gif (827 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
mr.hat.gif-original.gif
827 KB, 500x332
>>68238359
>>
yea OP make a film with $20k budget! it's easy aint it?
>>
>>68237806
not really pulp came out at the same time so it obviously didn't influence clerks, and reservoir didn't really have dialogue like that

so no
>>
>>68237704
Well both of them put a lot of focus on dialog, which really needs to be interesting when your premise is as dull as a convenience store. The only real similarity is that the dialog is really the focus above other things.

I'd argue Tarantino tries his best to keep things realistic (like the Pulp Fiction Quarter pounder with Cheese conversation) while Smith doesn't really bother with realism.
>>
>>68238765
I know there wasn't influence, I actually read up on it because I was drawing Kevin Smith comparisons when I got around to watching Reservoir. So I'd disagree with you.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.