[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This post is directed to WHOEVER THE FUCK THINKS BvS WAS A "DEEP"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1460583402272.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1460583402272.png
255 KB, 770x711
This post is directed to WHOEVER THE FUCK THINKS BvS WAS A "DEEP" AND "DIFFERENT" MOVIE.

Now, lets see, the criteria to make a movie "different" would be doing something nobody has ever done, or it isn't done often, and BvS had a mix of very VERY common stuff shown in movies and a few uncommon things.
Common:
Special effects being overused
Explosions
Heroes
Fights
Evil plot
Revives dead characters (superman)
etc.

Uncommon things:
The theme about "God vs Man" (somewhat uncommon)
Perspective of non-heroes about the heroes issues (again, somewhat uncommon)
Weird dream sequences (probably time-travel)

First, take in account the next thing: im in no way saying the whole movie was about that, but thats what i can bring back out of what i remember from the movie.

Moving on...

From the list, it appears, BvS it sort of tried to be different, but ended up being a boring movie and badly criticized.
Now, There is a big problem with the category of "different", think about it, just because a movie is DIFFERENT, does it means its good? that my friends, thats a fallacy. A movie doesn't need to be different just for it to be good, what it requires its that it is done with skilled people on whatever is required to do a movie, in this case, A SKILLED DIRECTOR (also writers, actors, etc.), which is what killed the movie. Snyder tried to approach some weird dilemma about "muh man vs god", and there's no problem about it, it could have been a good way to start a new kind of movie which is also good, BUT, he apparently knows shit about the philosophical issues around the whole theme (that could have helped on making the movie actually interesting) and ended up being like a movie made for 14 year olds who are turning atheists because they saw it on a conspiracy video.

>>>> continues in the next post
>>
Thats the problem (part of it) Snyder doesn't have the skills to do a good movie, you just need to check the scores in rotten tomatoes to know how his movies end up being.

Im going to be honest here, if you think BvS is really "deep" and "different" is probably because you don't read much or know much about that same stuff you talking about, probably tho, maybe you just didn't pay attention to the whole movie.
>>
File: DCucks.jpg (101 KB, 926x441) Image search: [Google]
DCucks.jpg
101 KB, 926x441
>>
DC trying to launch a universe was not only the death to capekino it was also the death to /tv/
>>
>>68231957

or maybe the movie actually is good?

because why WB didn't paid critics too? these dccucks are in such denial
>>
Remember the scene where batman went to have a speech with senators and some public? well, for me, the speech of the lady could have the potential of being an ACTUALLY interesting scene, but it wasn't, it wasn't at all... why? because Snyder decided to literally EXPLODE a moment of an amazing speech. A FUCKING EXPLOSION AT THE FIRST MOMENT A DEMOCRATIC AND POLITICAL ISSUE COULD BE DEALT WITH, AN EXPLOSION HAPPENS.

Remember when superman died fighting for the whole world? remember how epic it was? remember actually believing Superman DIED? WELL NOPE, WE'LL REVIVE IT IN THE SAME MOVIE AT THE END, because someone couldn't at least wait till next movie to revive him.
>>
>>68232109
>Batman went to have a speech
Sorry lol, i meant superman
>>
File: 5437892834243.jpg (117 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
5437892834243.jpg
117 KB, 894x1000
>>68232109
>Remember when superman died fighting for the whole world? remember how epic it was? remember actually believing Superman DIED? WELL NOPE, WE'LL REVIVE IT IN THE SAME MOVIE AT THE END, because someone couldn't at least wait till next movie to revive him.
Duh, everyone knows he revives anyway dum dum.
Threads praising BvS will only grow in numbers, no matter how hard you try to stop it.

It's Christianity's history repeating itself.
>>
>>68231927
Show me your list of films dealing with a man with god-like powers trying his best to not accept the godhood humanity is unthinkingly offering him.

The only person who utters the phrase "God vs. Man" is Lex Luthor, a man who decidedly doesn't believe Supes is a god.
>>
>>68232297
thats why its listed in "uncommon", im not saying that didnt happen, it was just delivered in a boring way.
>>
>>68232297
Bruce Almighty did it better
>>
>>68232471
Ah, you're considering that part of the non-heroes perspective. Understood.

To me, it wasn't boring at all. I even liked how it was carried almost exclusively in the visuals, sort of like it's something even Clark doesn't want to address aloud, sort of like the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about because of the implications of it.

I'm also the guy that thinks Lex actually had the best villain plan that we never even got to see because of how early it went wrong, and why. All the pieces are there; it just isn't spelled out.
>>
>>68232750
>the implications of it.

That most of humanity is Batman's "cowardly superstitious lot."
>>
>>68231927

thread reported, let me taste your tears marvel cuck
>>
>>68231927
tl:dr

I'm taking from your extensive critique that the subject matter is probably deep and quite different though. Thanks for reaffirming my initial view (although I've never really given it too much thought until now).
>>
Reminder that Disney paid all these critics
https://es.scribd.com/doc/308457900/Tweet-List
>>
>>68234358
Cool story bruh
>>
TLDR

DISNEY PAYS FOR REVIEWS.

lmao if people get caught paying for yelp reviews what makes you think a billion dollar company doesnt? DC is too pure and above that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.