[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never seen a Woody Allen film. Are they actually good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Wood-Allen.jpg (65 KB, 645x400) Image search: [Google]
Wood-Allen.jpg
65 KB, 645x400
Never seen a Woody Allen film. Are they actually good?
>>
>>68230786

no.
>>
>>68230786
He was brilliant in The Party.
>>
the purple rose of cairo is his best

fight me
>>
>>68230786
watch Annie Hall and Manhattan first
>>
Watch What's Up, Tiger Lily?
>>
>>68230786

He's hit or miss. Some of his films are great and some are boring as fuck
>>
>>68230786
If you like fucking kids sure.
>>
yes, especially his early, funny ones.
>>
>>68230786

Perhaps it's just me being a yuropoor but I didn't find like his work. Even watched a play by him in Vienna once, but the spark just didn't catch on.
>>
Start with:

Midnight in Paris
Annie Hall
Match Point

If you like them, then watch:

Stardust Memories
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Manhattan

then make another thread if you want to keep going
>>
>>68230786
I watched one where he was pretending to be a robot maid or something for a little bit and it had a couple Benny hill esque sequences. It was alright I guess...
>>
>>68230786

watch

Annie Hall
Husbands and Wives
Manhattan
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Broadway Danny Rose
Hannah and Her Sisters
Interiors
Midnight in Paris
Vicky Christina Barcelona
Stardust Memories
Match Point
>>
>>68231078
Sleeper
>>
Watch

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex (But You Were Afraid to Ask)
Take the Money and Run
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion
Scoop
Shadows and Fog
>>
>>68230985
>Start with:
>Midnight in Paris
>Annie Hall
if he starts with that, he'll just drop the rest, as he should
>>
>>68230973
because all of his work is crap, simple as that.
>>
You should watch them just to appreciate them, but no they're not really that great
He's a great director and artist, but his movies and especially his acting are pretty annoying
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.