[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(no theatre category, so I'll try this one) I have found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
(no theatre category, so I'll try this one)
I have found a video of Hamilton the musical on Broadway on the internet, but can't understand most of the lyrics.
Is there someone who wants to subtitle it? I don't have experience with subtitles
>No I can't see the show the live, I live on the other side of the world and tickets are impossible to get
>>
>>68223332
HOW DOES A BASTARD

ORPHAN

SON OF A WHORE AND A SCOTSMAN

DROPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF A FORGOTTEN SPOT IN THE CARRIBBEAN

BY PROVIDENCE IMPOVERISHED IN SQUALOR

GROW UP TO BE A HERO AND A SCHOLAR?
>>
>>68223332
http://genius.com/Lin-manuel-miranda-alexander-hamilton-lyrics
>>
yes that's nice, but I was specifically asking for a subtitler
>>
>>68224848
Oh

Well I have no idea sorry about that friend
>>
You'll be back
soon you'll see
you'll remember you belong to me

>>68224848
Try downloading the youtube videos with jdownloader, it will grab the srt file if it has one.
>>
>>68224978
Oceans rise
Empires FAAAALL

We have seen each other through it all!
>>
>>68224310
THE TEN DOLLAR, FOUNDING FATHER
WITHOUT A FATHER, GOT A LOT FATHER
BY WORKING A LOT HARDER, BY BEING A LOT SMARTER
BY BEING A SELF STARTER BY FOURTEEN
dank af lyrics m8s
>>
>>68225133
real shit though
>>
File: 81136-7.jpg (293 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
81136-7.jpg
293 KB, 1440x1080
>>68225133
if noone else will do it i'll check those dubs for you m8
>>
>>68225133
(they placed him in charge of a trading charter)
>>
>>68225508
AND EVERY DAY WHILE SLAVES WERE BEING SLAUGHTERED AND CARTED AWAY

ACROSS THE WAVES HE STRUGGLED AND KEPT HIS GUARD UP
>>
>>68225347
here you go
http://www.gigasize.com/get/j09rbzongvf
http://www.gigasize.com/get/r5qrjg9mnbc
password hamilton
>>
literally a bloody, bloody andrew jackson ripoff
>>
>>68227283
I was just trying to recognize his dubs and get dubs but I guess I'll try to do some of it at least
>>
Almost the entire show is on the cast recording (minus one scene and any non-libretto lines they toss out) so just look up the lyrics and read along
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/stage/shortcuts/2016/apr/12/theres-blood-on-my-burberry-american-psycho-causes-a-splash-on-broadway

>see American Psycho
>get fake blood splatters on your expensive clothes

it's too perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSLQVHGCQA&nohtml5=False

also sometimes I wish I lived in new york so i could routinely see shows that aren't just what happens to tour around.
>>
I was expecting to find Hamilton good but overhyped, but I was really blown away, I don't think I've ever been that satisfied by theater.
>>
It's okay, the lyrics are the best thing about it, the music varies from inspired to routine.

Feels like a high rent version of a historical school play, for better and worse.
>>
>>68223332
only good songs are the king's anyway
>>
>>68229968
Oh fuck you, Burr's songs are dope.
>>
Lin-Manuel is brilliant, but Sondheim is still the GOAT

>Well there are worse things than staringatthewaterasyou'reposingforapictureaftersleepingontheferryaftergettingupatsevento come overtoanislandinthemiddleofariverhalfanhourfromthecity ON A SUNDAAAAAAAAAYYYY

> Damn my soul if you must, Let my body turn to dust, Let it mingle with the ashes of the country.
> LET THEM CRYYYYYY DIRTYYYYY TRAITOR
>they will understand it later

>And should you die tomorrow,
>Another thing I see
>Your love will live in me
>>
>>68230092
>LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE NOT ON THE SAD SIDE LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THE LORD
>>
GOD TIER
Satisfied, Wait For It, Room Where It Happens,

GREAT TIER
Non-Stop, Hurricane, Right Hand Man, You'll Be Back

HIGH TIER
My Shot, Washington On Your Side

OK TIER
Alexander Hamilton, Take a Break, The Schuyler Sisters

CRAP TIER
One Last Time, Stay Alive
>>
>>68230328

One Last Time is magic.
>>
File: Bane_Empire_1.jpg (398 KB, 1831x2000) Image search: [Google]
Bane_Empire_1.jpg
398 KB, 1831x2000
SON OF THE DARKNESS

BORN AND MOLDED IN THE PIT
>>
>>68230328
Helpless and Dear Theodosia also belong in crap tier
>>
>Follow the scent of his enterprise
>Centralizing national credit and making American credit competitive
>If we don’t stop it we aid and abet it
>I’m in the cabinet. I am complicit in watching him grabbin at power and kissin it
>If Washington isn’t gon’ listen to disciplined dissidents, this is the difference, this kid is out!
>OH!

great musical

>>68230092
Passion is middling Stevie Sondz, but the "your love will live in me" ending is so haunting.
>>
>>68230663
Dear Theodosia is sweet, it's just minor and simple is all.

Helpless is kind of weak though, especially paired up against Satisfied.
>>
>>68230328
I've had Satisfied stuck in my head for two fucking days.

>To the groom! To the groom!
>>
AYO I'M JUST LIKE MY COUNTRY I'M YOUNG SCRAPPY AND HUNGRY AND I'M NOT THROWING AWAY MY SHOT
>>
>>68231456
>To the bri-i-i-i-i-ide!
>TO MY SISTEEEEEEER
>>
>>68230328
Battle Of Yorktown and The Room Where It Happens are GOD TIER too.
>>
>>68232824
Shit, it's "Yorktown" and you already have "The Room Where It Happens" on the list.
I should go to bed.
>>
>>68227648
In The Heights was rap-heavy anyway. Plus there was a full rap-musical before Hamilton based on the life of Tupac called Holla If Ya Hear Me. It bombed hard.

>>68229646
American Psycho is trash. I honestly don't see how that got funding let alone a full Broadway slot.

>>68230092
bless you for typing that out.

>>68231456
I do the "rewiind ... rewwinnnd... I remember that night I just might. I remember that night I just might..." bit a LOT in private.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.