[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 20-30 years time, people will look back at this periods body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: CaaGNajUsAEJ5CN[1].jpg (137 KB, 598x960) Image search: [Google]
CaaGNajUsAEJ5CN[1].jpg
137 KB, 598x960
In 20-30 years time, people will look back at this periods body of film releases and be unable to look beyond the capeshit, due to it's sheer volume and prevalence.
We will forever be known as the generation who lost our fucking minds and watched nothing but shitty superhero rehashes.
You are literally living in the dark ages of cinema.
Your grandchildren will ask you why. You wont be able to answer them.
>>
>>68219773

Nobody will be able to recall anything since they were all made for the sole purpose of hype to generate profit therefore lacking in any depth or substance.
>>
>>68219773
>implying i'm not freezing myself
i'll wake up in 30 years and this shit will be dead.

bye /tv/
>>
Every era has its obsession.
Musicals, Westerns, etc.
The thing is the shitty ones get forgotten and we remember the good ones.
>>
>>68219773
There were other periods in cinema history. The sci-fi boom following the release of Star Wars. The Sword and Sandal era in the fifties. Hammer horror.

Capeshit will go down the same road, the mediocre ones will be forgotten, the "good" ones will be fondly remembered by today's children, apologizing for all their faults with "it was just part of that time".
>>
I see the genre as similar to westerns. A few will be remembered but most will just be forgotten.

It's unfortunate for them that they don't have a John Ford that is actually making ones worth watching.
>>
so now it's capeshit, but what will be next?
>>
>>68220194
Vidya or Anime
>>
Capeshit will have its Unforgiven, then it'll show up intermittently from then on. Westerns 2.0.

>>68220075
Spider-Man 1 & 2, Iron-Man, GotG (will have somewhat of a legacy despite what /tv/ wants you to think), Winter Soldier, etc.
>>
File: 1450769127210.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1450769127210.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>68219773
>The Incredibles
>capeshit
>>
File: tonypajamas.jpg (39 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tonypajamas.jpg
39 KB, 500x374
>>68219773
Every week there are at least 4-6 movies that are released so in a year that's well over 200 films and you're sitting here complaining about the half dozen superhero movies that are somehow overcrowding the movie scene? Do you realize how fucking stupid your argument is?
>>
>>68220699
It's a bait as fuck image if you couldn't tell by the inclusion of Tarzan, Star Wars, and the two random Variant comic films.
>>
>>68220802
But that's all people seem to care about now.
Case and point -- look at YouTube film critics who put almost 75% of their focus on superhero movies.
>>
>>68220854
>Youtube film critics
lol are you serious, who gives a fuck about them
>>
>>68220854
Because their audience is almost exclusively plebs, and that's what plebs are watching. It's not like previously patrician arthouse directors are switching over to making only superhero movies. 95% of these will be forgotten in a decade anyway
>>
Thing about any fashion or any hype is that it really is quickly forgotten by everyone with the exception of maybe a couple of really good things that are good on their own and not because they fill some criteria for being a part of said fashion or hype.
>>
>>68220854
Who cares what people care about? A huge amount of people care about romance films where a new one releases every week but I don't see anybody whining about that genre polluting the movie pool.

And who gives a single fuck about Youtube critics? Are you serious right now?
>>
>>68220898
Look at their subscription count and tell me.

Of course that doesn't mean they're actually good, but it still means a lot of people give a fuck about them. Hell, I did too until a couple years ago when my taste in film grew and I've gone from full pleb to modest pleb.
>>
File: 1432425756841.jpg (471 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1432425756841.jpg
471 KB, 1280x720
>2020
Fucking kill me.
>>
Paste into catalog filter

/(bloodshot|harbinger|gambit|thor|justice league|black panther|the flash|avengers|ant man|marvel|justice league|wonder woman|suicide squad|doctor strange|guardians of the galaxy|captain america|batman|superman|spiderman|rogue one|star wars|deadpool|xmen|wolverine|superhero)/i
>>
>>68221710
pleb
>>
>>68219949
>Westerns
I can't believe the 50's/60's were utterly obsessed with them.

As someone who likes Spiderman, Batman - I really do believe now looking at this list as well as the new Marvel Inhumans show being announced.. that we seriously have gone too far with capeshit and need a break.

Not until after Ben Affleck's Batman which has to be made!
>>
You do realise that hundreds of other movies are made that aren't capeshit? No one is making anyone watch them, they become popular because they are fun and easy watching. People will look back at our generation and see capeshit but they will also see the greats of our modern era
>>
What the fuck is bloodshot and harbinger?
>>
>>68219949
Capeshit will never produce a "Singin' in the Rain" or "Once Upon a Time in the West".
>>
>Captain Marvel coming out a month before Shazam

DC keked again
>>
File: 193380.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
193380.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>68220027
>be you in 40 years
>walk into old cheap store that sells Blu Rays (in future no more physical copies of movies exist as everything is digital)
>ask for Batman v Superman Extended Edition because you only saw the theatrical and wanted to see how the uncut would be like all these years later
>Store owner says he has never seen a copy of that
>you begin chatting about how capeshit used to be a massive thing in your days
>store owner says that so much of the capeshit that existed in 2007 - 2020 is very rare to find on Blu Ray anymore and that each physical copies of certain movies like Deadpool, Doctor Strange go for over $100 pre owned
>you leave the store feeling sad that you did not buy yourself a copy of all these movies as a gem to keep even if they weren't all that good, they were still something special to remember of your young days.
>At least some good news: cooking shows don't exist anymore

>Don't even bother tracking down a copy of Ben Affleck's capekino Batman flick because that will be most expensive
>>
>>68222154
It will be available in the holointernet anyway.
>>
>>68222201
not on sites like piratebay, I can guarantee that in 40+ years all online downloading will cease to exist due to major upgrade protection (we already have Windows 10's high privacy issues so it is only a matter of time).

They will probably invent a separate Netflix like service just for cape stuff
>>
File: AvatarSequels.png (525 KB, 684x498) Image search: [Google]
525 KB, 684x498
>>68220948
Yeah take the movie Avatar for instance. That movie got the biggest box office YET it feels like the movie never existed in 2016... not one person ever mentions it nor talks about it on /tv/ or in any forum online.

And now Cameron is gonna milk the franchise with 3 pointless sequels.

NO CAMERON! Please invent some other good action/thriller and no more of this Avatar shite
>>
>>68219773
>grandchildren
Yea no
>>
>>68220465
This. Ratchet and Clank, Warcraft, and Angry Birds will be roaring successes. We'll then see what happened to capeshit--the movies will start to get big name directors and high production values.
>>
>>68222508
It's funny, really. May vidya writers and games have striven to become more and more cinematic--to become more and more like movies. It's poetry for movies to want to become more like vidya. Who knows, Sucker Punch might even be remembered fondly for its video game-like approach.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.