[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropped/Boycotted Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: feministgarbage.png (2 MB, 1693x1075) Image search: [Google]
feministgarbage.png
2 MB, 1693x1075
Are there any movies that you, even prior to watching a trailer, boycotted? What were the reasons?

Pic fucking related

>director and writers try to pander to feminist/tumblr retards
>team consists of the four most unfunny women in hollywood

fuck that
>>
>>68215760

the movie will be a massive fail anyway. mark my words
>>
>>68215760

The problem isn't the cast
The problem is it's TOO funny
Ghostbusters isn't meant to be a comedy
>>
No.
>>
File: BLYTY4R.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
BLYTY4R.png
313 KB, 701x394
>>68215982
>too funny
>>
>>68215760
You can't boycott something you had no intention to watch.
>>
>>68215982

>it's TOO funny

I saw the trailer and I gotta say there isn't a single funny scene in it. I don't know what the fuck happened but modern movies have child-tier comedy. who writes this stupid shit?

>let's "let's g-" go.......
>I thought.... uh, yeah

this is shit-tier "comedy" right there

>Ghostbusters isn't meant to be a comedy

how so? both prior movies were comedies
>>
>>68215760
>Boycott a movie

Autism at its finest. I know there's no way to convince you I'm telling the truth on the Internet but I'm sincerely glad this movie bothers you.
>>
>>68216020
yeah you can
>>
>>68216020

>implying I wouldn't have watched a mixed ghostbusters team
>implying I wouldn't watch a well written ghostbusters movie if I wasn't pushed into watching sjw shit
>>
>>68215760
Back in my day, the 90s, this would be 'direct-to-video.'
>>
>>68216037
>how so? both prior movies were comedies
They were grounded, plot driven movies with comedic elements
Not slapstick SNL power hour
>>
>>68216058
fucking this. you're a hero.
>>
>>68215760
lol Did that ever come out?
>>
>>68215760
>boycotting a movie

literally accomplishing nothing but embarrassment and prolonged virginity

the movie will still come out and you'll look like an even more pathetic excuse for a human being

consider suicide
>>
>>68216058

>Autism at its finest

why? why should I pay for a movie that makes the movie industry worse? you're probably one of those people who likes to pay for every single marvel movie even though Disney singlehandedly ruins modern movies
>>
>>68216092

>They were grounded, plot driven movies with comedic elements

that doesn't mean that ghostbusters 1 and 2 weren't comedies though. there's no description of both movies you will find not calling them comedies

>Not slapstick SNL power hour

that's the difference between comedies pre-2000 and post-2000. nowadays it's all about quipping 99% of the movie and offering 1% story elements
>>
>>68215760
when you say boycott, you're basically saying you aren't going to give it any attention (despite the fact that you are giving it attention by making this post) but you want that action to sound more important than it really is, so you're giving it a fancy name. in reality, the only people in the world who even remotely care that you're doing this and aren't laughing at you are other people who are doing this.
>>
>>68216168

>"literally accomplishing nothing but embarrassment and prolonged virginity"
>projecting this hard
>"the movie will still come out and you'll look like an even more pathetic excuse for a human being"
>shilling this hard for a movie that will be shit 100%
>>
>>68216190
>implying he told you to see the movie.

autism at it's finest. also strawman.
>>
>>68215760
>Are there any movies that you, even prior to watching a trailer, boycotted?
-Fant4stic
-Ghostbusters
-Any Adam Sandler movie
-Any Kevin James Movie
-Any movie made by Paul Feig
-Any negro suffering movie made as Oscar bait and to push white guilt

>What were the reasons?
Im sexist, I`m Racist, and i hate Adam Sandler and Kevin Smith movies
>>
Honestly the cast, besides Leslie Jones, is fine, it's completely to do with the writing. All of the actresses have appeared in really good movies/shows and are great, but fuck me what a shit, pandering script. the Special FX CGI of the ghosts looks trash as well compared to how rad the ghosts in the original 80's movies looked.
>>
>>68216237

>you're basically saying you aren't going to give it any attention (despite the fact that you are giving it attention by making this post)

I don't think you know what the term boycott actually means mate, you should look it up
>>
>>68216271
>-Any movie made by Paul Feig
Spy was really good though desu senpai

Jason Statham absolutely stole the show in it though, and the fight choreo was actually pretty dope
>>
>>68216256

instead of shitposting you could answer my question (why someone shouldn't boycott this movie)
>>
>>68216058
I believe you because there are 1000s of annoying fags just like you
>>
File: funny 24.jpg (78 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
funny 24.jpg
78 KB, 900x900
>>68216285
>implying using the more accurate definition of boycott makes OP less of a loser
>>
>>68215760
any tarentino
...do i really need to give a reason
>>
>>68216279

>Honestly the cast, besides Leslie Jones, is fine

gotta admit that I just don't like melissa mcfatty although wiig was quite good in bridesmaids. don't know what to think about the lesbian though. the "licking on a pistol without trigger discipline" and the unfunny "is it the hat?" shit pretty much ruined her character for me

>but fuck me what a shit, pandering script
>the Special FX CGI of the ghosts looks trash

so much this
>>
>>68216321
Because boycotting something as trivial as a movie you don't like is literally autistic behavior. Does this have to be explained further?
>>
>>68216386
>>68216237
>>68216168
>>68216058

what the fuck is up with all of the buttblasted faggots here? OP is 100% right you morons. this movie in addition to transformers and all the mcu shit is the reason proper movies don't get funded anymore.

autism is NOT wanting to drop this shitfest of a movie
>>
>>68216321
>pointing out strawman arguments = shitposting
>>
>>68216441

do tell. according to your logic, boycotting literally anything should be regarded as autistic behaviour.

>boycotting something as trivial as a movie

oh, sorry, I thought we were on a board related to movies and television and thought people actually cared about the quality of a movie
>>
>>68216460
why are you so upset, anon?
>>
>>68216460
Lol grow up its just a movie. Is this what people under 25 concern themselves with when they don't have to pay for their own internet?
>>
I haven't even seen Batman vs Superman yet because I can't get my girlfriend to put down the vodka and leave the house.
>>
>>68216271
You sad, pathetic faggot. Get a life.
>>
>>68216483

>not adding to the conversation is not shitposting

kek, you motherfuckers for real?
>>
>>68216508
No, boycotting things that ultimately do not matter is autistic. You can't even come up with a sound reason why you dislike it it. You're passionate about nostalgia over a movie that came out before you were even born. Drop the faggot art school hipster act and just don't see the movie. Don't shit up this board with your schoolboy arguments in the process.

Do you need me to explain my explanation to you now?
>>
>>68216538

>Lol grow up its just a movie
>board about television & film

why even start a discussion if it's just movies we are talking about? no point in having an own opinion I suppose
>>
>>68216642
This isn't a discussion. It's a fucking status update, dipshit.
>>
File: 5282be935fee7.jpg (16 KB, 608x229) Image search: [Google]
5282be935fee7.jpg
16 KB, 608x229
>>
>>68216633

>No, boycotting things that ultimately do not matter is autistic

I knew that only using a term such as boycotting would upset you reddit whiney faggots so I put "Dropped" in the header so you wouldn't bug me. guess I was mistaken

>You can't even come up with a sound reason why you dislike it it

are you too stupid to read? I literally gave two reasons in my first post and more afterwards

>shit director
>shitty writers
>obvious feminist pandering
>unfunny cast

when talking about the trailer you could add
>shit-tier CGI
>shit-tier comedy
>muh racism
>pretty obvious that black person only fills a quota
>>
>>68216609
already contributed when i said it's stupid and pointless.
>>
>>68216673

alright grandpa
>>
>>68216762
The saddest thing about this thread is that you think you've "won" this """""argument""""". Maybe when your parents no longer pay for your internet you'll manage your time better and have more interesting things to post about.
>>
>this thread

OP BTFO
>>
>>68216889

I just wondered what kind of red flags people see when it comes to movies. nothing more, nothing less

retards will always exaggerate, it's inevitable
>>
>>68216642

having an opinion =/ frothing at the mouth over a ghostbusters remake
>>
>>68217126
Whenever I see a white woman in even in the same frame as a black guy I smirk and think of these fuckheads. Lol I'm glad reality triggers these people. They deserve to be upset.
>>
>>68216271
>i hate Adam Sandler and Kevin Smith movies

So why boycott Kevin James, what has he done to deserve the studio getting a few $ less for the job he had already been paid to do?
>>
>>68215760
i have never seen a more unnecery reboot than this ghostbusters nonsense, even if they had a male cast i wouldn't even consider stopping to watch it if i accidentaly happened uppon it while watching tv. the even more unnecery feminist "equality" pandering is just another layer of shit on top. the retarded "lets visit dying kids in the hospital who have no idea who we are" doesn't help either.
And then the trailer came out and it's so painfully unfunny it made me want to strangle puppies.

embarasing hollywood, this is a new low.
>>
>>68217287
Lol you type like a whiney little bitch with a learning disability.
>>
I knew the John Carter movie would never do the book series justice, especially with a PG-13 rating. My friends told me watch it but everything I've heard is that it's trash
>>
>>68217319
i am
>>
File: drop-small.gif (5 KB, 400x407) Image search: [Google]
drop-small.gif
5 KB, 400x407
>>68215760

Anything Anderson. Do you really need a reason ?
>>
>>68216310

This, was glad a friend dragged me to Spy, had some good laughs.
>>
>>68217257
See adam sandler Anon. not that guy, but kevin james is a happy madison fucc boi
>>
File: 1458399184372.jpg (38 KB, 225x348) Image search: [Google]
1458399184372.jpg
38 KB, 225x348
>>68216889

Holy shit anon. Not that guy, but way to damage control.

>I've lost this argument, but i'm still going to try to act superior to him

What are you trying to defend from being wrong Anon? Your 4chan cred?
>>
I already forgot it exists.
>>
File: prayfordeath.jpg (68 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
prayfordeath.jpg
68 KB, 768x433
>>68216058
If people go and see it they'll just make another one. The trailer was supposed to get bums on seats so they presumably put their best foot forward and showed the best the movie had to offer. Since the trailer gargled donkey dick it only stands to reason that the rest of the movie will too.

The talking heads were spinning the gurrl power bullshit like it was going out of fashion saying that the only reason people disliked the trailer was because of misogyny which left a bad taste in peoples mouths.

They are trying to play the public for fools and people aren't buying it. Make a half decent Ghostbusters movie and people will go see it, shove fetid garbage out the door and scream autistic manbaby when people call you out on your bullshit and reap the whirlwind and about a a buck fifty on ticket sales.
>>
I just want the Ghostbusters documentary to come out already, I've been waiting for years
>>
File: Future.png (343 KB, 727x429) Image search: [Google]
Future.png
343 KB, 727x429
>>68215760
My prediction of the future
>>
>>68219117

>trying to explain something logically to someone retarded

OP here. tried it but these people don't understand what a high box office does for movies apparently
>>
>>68215822
It won't. Stop believing anything that happens on the internet matters to normies.
>>
>>68216271
Don't forget any new movie made by Tim Burton
>>
File: 1457377455504.jpg (83 KB, 732x820) Image search: [Google]
1457377455504.jpg
83 KB, 732x820
>>68215760
>boycotting THIS
>>
>>68216460
>actual 15 year old who got into movies 6 months ago and hasn't gotten a clue of how the film industry actually works detected
>>
File: 4544.png (102 KB, 706x656) Image search: [Google]
4544.png
102 KB, 706x656
Holy fuck I can't wait until this movie makes a billion dollars and blows out every capeshit movie you autists flood the board with it. I hope this is the dawning of a new era of all female remakes of movies you love starring women you don't think or funny or attractive.

/tv/ is such a whiny autistic shit hole, this is EXACTLY what you deserve.
>>
>>68221161
This
The tears will be delicious, between this and trump getting BTFO (which is far more likely), I can't wait for the tears
>>
File: 347.png (642 KB, 1834x1666) Image search: [Google]
347.png
642 KB, 1834x1666
>>68221193

B-but /pol/ is always r-right...
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.