[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Downey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: robert-downey.jpg (38 KB, 342x346) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey.jpg
38 KB, 342x346
Do you think he's intelligent enough to hate his own movies?
>>
>>68214826
Why would he hate them? He's been laughing his way to the bank for the last decade.
>>
>>68214826
>>68214943

forced meme
>>
I know this is a meme but he clearly hates doing iron man at this point
>>
>>68215222
>Meme
Can i get a spoon-feed here? I'm guessing he wants to quit Marvel/being Iron Man but his contract won't let him?
>>
>>68214826
He`s inteligent enough to hate his own height at least, dont know about movies
>>
>>68216442
You can tell just by his lazy acting.
>>
post the webm where he is about to be interviewed and they have to get a box for him to stand on, literally the most digusting act ive ever seen in my life
>>
>>68216477
Least he's trying in CW.
>>
>>68216477
I kinda thought that added to the performance, though i haven't seen IM3
>>
>>68216442
>Bobby wants to be a real actor but his studio won't let him
>>
>>68214826
From what I've seen he seems to be interested in the character. He just wants to explore the character more and the action less
>>
why does he wear those silly shoes?
>>
>>68216637
This is why IM3 is great.
>>
>>68214826
He embraces it he's a slave to his fandom. It's good to have preteenie tumblrweenies rub their cunnies at the sight of you. Oh and half a billion for a movie.
>>
>>68216732
Agreed. Also why CW could be very interesting
>>
>>68214826
yes, you can see it in his acting method
>>
>>68216637
oh please, he just wants more screen time. he doesn't give a shit about the character.
>>
>>68214826
I don't think he's intelligent enough to peel a banana.
>>
>>68214826
Just let him act in an Oscar bait or two and I'm sure he'll warm back up to playing Iron Man, I think he's just bored. Like the last movie I remember him in other than Avengers was The Judge.
>>
File: 83469000.jpg (43 KB, 601x294) Image search: [Google]
83469000.jpg
43 KB, 601x294
i oddly think he is really invested in everything Marvel related and they sure give him a huge amount of power, didn't Feige almost quit because the CEO didn't want to pay Downey so much for Civil War?
>>
>>68217387
>Hasn't seen him in Richard IV
Embarrassing
>>
>>68214826
He actually used to be quite versatile as an actor, but after becoming Iron Man all of his roles are more or less variants of Tony Stark
>>
>>68217506
Did he successfully peel a banana in that film? Was there a cutaway? Was the focus on just the hands?
>>
>>68216569

He was allowed to play Chaplin and win an Oscar, he owes them. He's like the reverse version of Leonardo DiCaprio.
>>
File: RDJ.png (25 KB, 811x222) Image search: [Google]
RDJ.png
25 KB, 811x222
>>68217561
>more or less
>>
>>68217726
he makes another Sherlock next year, they already confirmed it
>>
File: alg-robertdowneyjr-jpg.jpg (87 KB, 970x660) Image search: [Google]
alg-robertdowneyjr-jpg.jpg
87 KB, 970x660
>>68217561
Needs more SJW outrage over Tropic Thunder.
>>
File: 1448360379038.gif (503 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1448360379038.gif
503 KB, 500x333
>>68216442
Poor RDJ. He "only" got 40M$ for Civil War upfront, plus gets a share of the profits if the total gross of the movie exceeds 714M$.
Good thing is, money can't buy him height. He will always be an insecure manlet irl.
>>
>>68218135
And you'll always be a frustrated and poor nobody. ;)
>>
I think he went into the contract as Iron Man hoping that the movies would be more than just fight scenes. But that's the problem with capeshit. When the directors decide to try and make human moments they fucking don't know how. The man can act if he's given the chance. I don't see him continuing in the MCU once his contract is up.
>>
I haven't seen many movies with this guy but he was the exact same in both the Iron Man movies and the shitty Sherlock movies. I grew disinterested afterwards because the only good movie was the first IM. Can this guy actually act?
>>
>>68217808
Was there actually people out there who were offended by that?
>>
>>68218807
>Can this guy actually act?
yeah he can
>>
>>68216732
Should have made Tony an alcoholic like the comics
>>
>>68218869
nah SJW's hate him more because of this:

>Inarritu: Superhero Movies Are 'Cultural Genocide
>RDJ: I think for a man whose native tongue is Spanish to be able to put together a phrase like ‘cultural genocide’ just speaks to how bright he is.
>>
>>68218945
Goddamn he's based, is he secretly Mel Gibson but just leeching as much money from the Hollywood elites as he can?
>>
>>68218587
>I think he went into the contract as Iron Man hoping that the movies would be more than just fight scenes.
The funny thing is that the fight scenes aren't even that good; the main characters are demigods (so 90% of fights are shaky-cam and the occasional cool flip), and when they come up against another demigod, they usually just hit them slightly harder when the climatic music starts playing, and they randomly win.
>>
>>68216442
He amended his contracts to show up in more movies, because Marvel could use him so many times but needed to use him more. So he asked for a ridiculous amount of money, and they agreed.

So he probably does hate this shit, but he gets paid unprecedented and insane amounts of money for being Tony Stark.
>>
>>68218869

probably

but this was before tumblr and twitter and the whole trial by tumblr age we live in. so retards couldn't band together under a hashtag to be offended and get the movie banned.
>>
>>68218587
If you watch the first Iron Man that's sort of true, he spends a lot more time out of the suit than in the suit and the action (compared to the rest of Marvel shlock) is really toned down. I hope they return to that style soon, its why AoU was so boring and why surprisingly Ant Man was so fun.

Most of the Marvel characters are great, work with the characters not the action schlock.
>>
>>68214826
There is only thing a narcissist like RDJ cares about and that is relevance, as long as the capeshit keeps him relevant he is happy doing it and getting paid as much as he can simply ask. On the other side there is nothing he fears more than irrelevance and he'll try to do anything to avoid it.
>>
>>68217387
Mmmm delicious banana
>>
>>68217462

I remember reading about when cap 3 was first in development that Tony would have a small role. I guess RDJ started talking around about how this story needed more Tony stark and things were changed putting him in it more

I'm not entirely aure, but I don't think they ever intended to make Civil War adaptation until after Tony started getting written into the movie more.
>>
>>68219416
i think they probably wanted to counter BvS?
>>
>>68219105
Iron Man was mostly good because it had a good pacing and you could see how the character was "constructing himself" after his trauma and the revelation he had about the people around him just as he was constructing the armor. It literally took the most human side of the character and treated as such, even more than IM3 despite what the movie said (Downey's character significantly changed between the first movie and the rest, where his sarcastic side is completely overwhelming and ridiculously cartoon-like) Also, the fucking flying scenes.

The movie didn't rely on "muh fighting scenes", it relied on the main character. Even the "final fight" had Stark using everything he could to stop the bad guy with very little success until finally relying on his ditzy gf as a last resort.
>>
>>68219615
Dissecting any of these movies after the term MCU was made is pointless, there are no characters, just walking and talking brands and merchandise.
>>
>>68219515

I'm not sure. That could be true,but all I'm certain on is that cap 3 wasn't going to be civil war originally.
>>
Nah
>>
>>68218945
absolutely based
>>
>>68218914
That was IM2, but got ruined by MCU pandering.
>>
>>68216464
Seems he is not intelligent enough to know he has enough money to get like 2 or 3 inches more.

Not that it's going to get him out of manlethood, but at least is something.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.