[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans always chose sides between things? At least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: dc-vs-marvel.jpg (181 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
dc-vs-marvel.jpg
181 KB, 820x461
Why do Americans always chose sides between things?

At least with consoles or games I understand - they're things that cost money, sometimes you can only get one, and you feel the need to justify your purchase.

But why pick a camp between two companies you can enjoy effortlessly? I'm sure that most people here have either a favorite character from Marvel or DC, but that their second favorite or third favorite might even be from the opposite camp.

I mean there's all sorts of good and terrible things under both DC and Marvel. Isn't it too broad to simply like one over the other?
>>
it's a /v/ meme you moronic cuck
>>
Let me explain what's really going on OP

>hardcore DC fans hate DC movies for not being faithful to the core of the characters
>other DC fans seee this and assume it's marvel fans bringing down DC
>marvel fans see they're being called out and stop enjoying their superior movies to come laugh at DC fans
>this triggers all DC fans
>clusterfuck
>>
>>68213878

It's not an American thing, it's human thing. Tribe mentality. We're all hard-wired to it, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>68213878
This "war" gives easy and endless opportunities to shitpost
>>
>>68213878

Because white americans are emotional cry babies who are all talk no action.
>>
>>68213878

It's just /v/edditors leaving their containment board and bringing their console war mentality with them.
>>
marvel fans don't give a fuck about dc movies, they're already getting good movies that respect the characters. DC fans get triggered when other DC fans bitch (rightfully) about this joyless turd of a universe
>>
>>68213976
this
just curious anon which side is easier to b8?for me it's Marvel fans I literally said that Dr stange and Civil war look pretty bad and got at least 10 (you)s each. i can't b8 DCucks that well
>>
This is modern day console wars pham.

BVS is basically $599 USD reborn.
>>
>>68214190
DCucks are used to humiliation and ridicule at this point, like proper cucks. You just have to try harder
>>
>>68214190
>DCuck detected

29%
>>
>>68214190
DCucks baiting manual

1-superman is a boring character/superman is invincible
2-batman murdering/batman using guns
3-cyborg in JL
4-no GL in JL
5-pedo stache flash
6-snyder is a genius
>>
File: 1460463983726.jpg (127 KB, 724x960) Image search: [Google]
1460463983726.jpg
127 KB, 724x960
>>68214209
spoken like a true marvelfag
>>
>>68214209
i see, i'll keep that in mind, although i feel a little bad fo DCucks, because i enjoied MoS and BvS for what they were and do actually hope their shitty movieverse kicks off at some point
see >>68211419
i mean literally just variations on the fedora meme in that thread triggered the fuck out of them
>>
Batman is my favourite hero, but Spider-Man is a close second.
>>
File: 1446839938992.png (523 KB, 680x620) Image search: [Google]
1446839938992.png
523 KB, 680x620
>>68214222
>caring about capeshit
found the capecuck
>>
>>68214190
bait in a bait...hmmm we have to go deeper
>>
>>68214297
it wasn't b8 senpai. i was being serious
>>
>>68214242
but it's less fun than every single one of those
>>
>>68213878
Saying who is better is not about choosing sides. We only debate because we've obviously seen movies from both sides - and this is a place for serious film discussion.
>>
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarknessInducedAudienceApathy

>muh snyder cinematography
>>
File: Marvel.png (21 KB, 653x118) Image search: [Google]
Marvel.png
21 KB, 653x118
>>
>>68214190
its easier to bait marvel because the thought of DC's combo movie even being able to compete with one marvel's side character movies is outright ridiculous
>>
>>68214416
>mfw batman and superman can't beat fucking iron man 3
>>
File: Dc vs marvel.png (208 KB, 820x359) Image search: [Google]
Dc vs marvel.png
208 KB, 820x359
>>68213878
>>
>>68213968
>hardcore DC fans hate DC movies for not being faithful to the core of the characters

Only to Superman. And you could argue that he's actually a more interesting character when he isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
>>
>>68214449
>nd you could argue that he's actually a more interesting character when he isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

another good way to bait DCucks. not falling for it anymore though personally
>>
>>68213878
It's moronic to the highest level. Marvel fanboys have become the new Nolanites. Fiercely defending their shitty movies and flat out making up statistics to support opinions. It is ridiculous that they are so insecure that they feel they have to bash DC constantly. We live in a world where we can have both and they'll have literally zero effect on each other. The war is imaginary anyways as historically DC and Marvel would collaborate.
>>
>>68214416
>BvS: the most cashgrab title ever
>fails to make profit
>looses to Iron Man 3
>>
>DC heroes are gods wearing capes. Marvel heroes are men wearing capes

it's a difference in approach. of course with the DCEu it's more like

>DC heroes are asshole gods wearing capes
>>
>>68213968
As a DC guy, I honestly agree with this.
>>
>>68214563
>implying i wouldn't be the first to cheer for a great DC live action universe
>implying this means i'm obligated to swallow shit and call it caviar
>>
It is amazing seeing this situation develop first hand. I 100 fucking percent blame it on Disney too and the autistics that suck that companies dick no matter what they do.

> 2008-2011
> Marvel releases movies
> They're either alright to good tier
> DCfags and Marvelfags get along
> Disney buys Marvel
> Suddenly Tumblr joins the battle
> Avengers is huge
> suddenly it becomes a meme that Marvel can do no wrong
> critics start slurping Marvel penis uncontrollably
> It leaks that Disney has given executive orders for Marvel to sabotage X-Men and Fantastic Four since FOX owns them
> DC movies get surprisingly awful reviews upon release despite the majority of people actually liking them

Disney is literally the Empire, senpai.
>>
>>68214770
completely wrong. avengers was pre-disney buying marvel, and the marvel omnipresence in pop-culture is the reason disney bothered to buy them you cuck
>>
>>68213975
No being brainwashed by Jews into buying things and defending a team you have zero real stake in while they profit, is an incredibly American ideal (^:
>>
>>68214822
No. Avengers was released and promoted by Disney.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1296x684) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1296x684
>>68213878
We like fighting faggot, now pick up a harpoon and help us finish this beast
>>
>>68213878
>Why do Americans always chose sides between things?

I would shake your hand if i could, more people need to have common sense like this.
>>
>>68213878
I am a fan of Marvel, and DC. I am upset because we haven't had a good none Superman/Batman movie come out of DC. Batman v Superman was supposed to setup a universe where other DC heroes could get good movies but they fucked it up pretty badly.

>TFW never gonna get good Green Lantern movies.
>TFW Booster Gold and Blue Beetle never gonna get to be bros on the big screen
>TFW No hot Starfire and Raven on screen
>>
top ten heroes OAT
(all comic version not movie versions)
1-Superman
2-Spider-Man
3-Batman
4-Thor
5-Nightwing
6-Martian Manhunter
7-Cap
8-Barry Flash
9-Ms. Marvel's ass(black costume)
10-Hercules(Marvel)

top three worst heroes of all time

1-JEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAN
2-Sentry
3-Roy Harper
>>
>>68215256
>Superman being number 1
>>
>>68213878
THE ERA OF MARVEL IS OVER, FAGGOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68215638
indeed, the first and still the best, regardless of snyder's efforts to ruin him
>>
File: 1460528992459.jpg (114 KB, 900x646) Image search: [Google]
1460528992459.jpg
114 KB, 900x646
>>68213907
But then how the fuck is that possible that /tv/ one-upped /v/ with the level of shitposting in less than an year?
>>
>>68215786
because /v/ actually has an extensive knowledge of video games and a wide array of shit to talk about. /tv/ doesn't actually watch movies, just popular blockbusters. most blockbusters have become cape movies so /tv/ only talks about cape movies and star wars now
>>
>>68213878
Short heda
they savage
culture of civil war
>>
I was on /b/ for many years and then it got ruined. I was on /v/ for many years and then it got ruined. I've been on this board for a while now and it is in the process of becoming the worst board on 4chan.

At least /b/ and /v/ shitposting varies a little.
>>
>>68214242
>failure my ass
What does he meant by this?
>>
>>68213878
Children and plebs

It's not just Americans lad you just assume everyone on this board is American because it doesn't have flags
>>
>>68217611

>I am openly admitting to being a massive loser.
>>
>>68217611
That's what you get for browsing 3 of the shittiest boards on here
>>
File: mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg (36 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
mgid-ao-image-mtv.jpg
36 KB, 980x551
It all started with BvS. Truly this film will go down as the one film that divided this board.

Batman v Superman

Brought on

Civil War
>>
>>68215786
Because it's common that nechbeards like both movies and video games
>>
>>68213878
>But why pick a camp between two companies you can enjoy effortlessly?

Factionalism is just part of human nature.

Plus even if the consumers aren't directly in competition; the brands are.
>>
>>68217719

Yeah I'm aware it's just there's been a sharp decline in this board since a couple months before Star Wars.
>>
>>68217611
Maybe you were the problem all along, Anon.
>>
File: superman is a dick.jpg (11 KB, 400x158) Image search: [Google]
superman is a dick.jpg
11 KB, 400x158
>>68215710
He's first at being a dick i give you that.
>>
>>68218430
But why would he do that? Just because he can? He has to be stopped.
>>
>>68213878
Baggage from the civil war.
>>
>>68213878
Shitposting finds its natural habitat on /tv/

the shameful thing is that is always the lowest denominator, even if not /tv/ related at all.
>>
>>68215638
Where do you think they got the term Superhero?
>>
Do you want to know what's ACTUALLY going on?

1. DC and Marvel bring shills to this board
2. They make up a fake rivalry between the two companies that not even hardcore comic book fans get into
3. 4chan eats it up
4. They begin to post in the rivalry threads started by marketers
5. Literally free profit

And if you don't think that companies actually do this, they could pay a team of 20 people $15 an hour for a year to shitpost on forums and imageboards and trash like Tumblr and it wouldn't make a dent in their marketing budgets. They have entire TEAMS dedicated to making tweets. This place is nothing but another advertising venue.

Stop taking bait.
>>
>>68219306
i don't doubt about some guerrilla marketing going on here, since /tv/ has over 9000 users whithin the target demographic for this shit.

the sad thing is how wholeheartedly /tv/ had embraced this meme wars as his own.
>>
>>68219306

>there are people who still believe major corporations give one ounce of fuck about 4chan
>>
>>68213878

Because we've always been choosing sides.

>Patriot or Tory
>Federalist or Anti-Federalist
>Union or Confederate
>Coke or Pepsi
>Beatles or Stones

>But why pick a camp between two companies you can enjoy effortlessly?

Because when you're a kid and buying comics with your allowance, you couldn't. You had to choose carefully.
>>
>>68220223
I'm an adult and I still have to choose carefully, that shit is surprisingly expensive.
>>
>>68214449
That's a stupid argument. Man of Steel is Mr. Manhattan fanfiction. There's nothing interesting about it.

Superman is only interesting because he's a god masquerading as a man. If you make him this flawed, moody character - then he's just another superpowerful asshole. Dozens of those stories in comics, boring as shit.

Superman needs to be one-dimensional in order to work.
>>
>>68213878
So do you support Ireland or Northern Ireland?
>>
>>68220314
No, it goes Protestant or Catholic?
>>
File: 1459082145884.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1459082145884.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>>68220223
>>68220242
>wagecųcks
>le choose a side with your wallet xD
Yeah, well brainwashed, burgers.
>>
>>68220382
Hey, I don't choose sides. I have roughly an equal amount of Marvel and DC stuff. Most of my comics are manga.
>>
File: 1246550180891.jpg (35 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1246550180891.jpg
35 KB, 441x408
>>68219306
>the guy who always thinks it's a conspiracy
Yeah, it's not just autistic kids shitposting. It's a global marketing conspiracy intended to slurp up your NEET bucks.

You figured it out. You're smarter than everyone else around you and THIS, THIS fucking validates your existence despite the fact that you're an unemployed neckbeard living in the basement.
>>
>>68213968
but why can't you like both dc and marvel?

hell why can't you like superman and idk spiderman but hate batman and ironman?

Why do you have to be a
>dc fan
>marvel fan
>x fan
in the first place.

Shit's retarded.
>>
There is nothing more pathetic than a fully grown adult who has an emotional investment in the success of a company in which he has zero financial interests.
>>
>>68213878
Because DC would fucking rape Marvel in an all-out battle
>>
>>68220533
shill on full damage control
>>
>I'm sure that most people here have either a favorite character from
Marvel or DC, but that their second favorite or third favorite might even be from the opposite camp
This. This 10,000 times. My favorite superhero is and always will be batman, because his stories have always been more dark but that's because they need to be. It's about a kid who watched his fucking parents get shot. But a strong second would be iron man because, like batman, he is still a human with no superpowers and a genius level intellect. Both of these characters have been my favorites for as long as I can remember and seeing their universes come to life on film is a fucking dream come true and I can't imagine why anyone would want to see either one fail. My only wish is that I was born 15 years later so I could grow up with all these movies being made.
>>
>>68221173
I have no idea why the fuck the green text got separated on that.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.