[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>by far the best thing about BvS >is gonna be the reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: 1460503973934.jpg (71 KB, 600x642) Image search: [Google]
1460503973934.jpg
71 KB, 600x642
>by far the best thing about BvS
>is gonna be the reason many people go and see Suicide Squad
>writing, directing and starring in his own Batman movie

Literally saving WB's ass single-handedly. And yet people actually signed petitions to remove him from the role when he was cast lel

Apologize to him /tv/
>>
>>68213117
>Apologize to him /tv/

what's that, MORE *cringe* muslim names?
>>
>>68213117
>Literally saving WB's ass single-handedly
he hasn't made anything yet m8
>>
>>68213117

I never doubted him. Nigga got an Oscar on his very first script - that's talent.
>>
It's gonna be great.
>>
>>68213117
Will he dress up as batman while writing the script?
>>
THANK YOU BASED AFFLECK
>>
>>68213117
>tfw always knew Affleck would knock it out of the park
>Tfw vindicated
>tfw I always wanted him to tackle Batman after seeing The Town

This shit is gonna be fire. Also Leto is going to be amazing
>>
>>68213232
too bad Matt Damon wrote it.
>>
>>68213117
Affleck proves that not all muslims are bad.
>>
>>68213267
The character design for the "joker" has already ruined it though...
>>
>>68213308
I love it. It's gonna be great.
>>
>>68213308

>implying you need the Joker for a Batman movie

Maybe they could finally use some of his other villains that are just as good, maybe a proper league of assassins Ra's Al Ghul story.
>>
>>68213308

Good thing he's not the real Joker then.
>>
>>68213272

I'm tired of this meme. Even Kevin Smith (who I fucking loathe) got pissed at Affleck for ad-libbing like crazy on the Mallrats shoot. It got so bad that at one point Kevin told Ben "If you think your material's so great, write your own fucking script." And he did, and he got an Oscar for it.

I'll say that Matt Damon is a better actor, but even look at late night TV appearances for comparison. Damon is on auto-pilot, but as soon as Affleck walks into a room, everyone and everything in it belongs to him. He's a supernova of charisma, and you'd better believe that translates to his storytelling.
>>
>>68213308

The only bad thing is the tats. Can't really call the costume design bad because he has so many different ones in the trailers alone, some traditional and some not.
>>
>>68213356
This. Plus you'd think he would have been vindicated after writing (?) and directing Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo?
>>
>>68213409

Apparently not. Make three bad movies fifteen years ago and you're marked for life.
>>
>>68213272

That's just something people assumed because back then Affleck came across as a douche and hardly anyone liked him as an actor.
>>
>>68213351

>Good thing he's not the real Joker then.

Batman isn't real either.
>>
>>68213472
He still comes across as a massive douche. I mean did you see the Bill Maher thing where he pouts and sulks like a spoiled child who doesn't get his way when Bill and Sam argue with him?
>>
>>68213117
I wonder if he will take in Kevin Smith as a cowriter.
>>
PEACE BE UPON YOU, BROTHER AL AFLECKI
>>
too bad i will be dead by then
>>
>>68213523

I did, but this counteracted it. Affleck is ALPHA. This little French honey got taken care of, is all I'm saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMq6xDHBKwQ
>>
>>68213267
>Leto
>a literal fucking meme

MOM'S
>>
>>68213338
Bane?
>>
File: ben_affleck_steroids.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ben_affleck_steroids.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>68213351
I hate this memeeeeeeeee
>>
Inshallah Al-Flek will bring a furious success in the box office

TAKBIR
>>
>>68213117
Repeat after me,
>Batman
>Kinomatic
>Universe
>>
>>68213547
I hope he leaves that fat manchild out in the cold for ever doubting him.
>>
AM I THE ONLY FUCKING PERSON WHO HAS NO HOPE IN THE REINDEER GAMES FAG? It seems like everyone is obsessing over him and his totally "genius" mind and I'm sitting here like where the fuck is Matt Damon?
>>
>>68214093

Reindeer Games is fucking great, you fucking child. If you don't have a certain appreciation for the works of John Frankenheimer, you really need to reassess your taste in film.
>>
>>68214260

The only people who talk shit about Reindeer Games are the people who haven't seen it. Nice work with "LE REDDIT DEFENSE LEL" but if anything it shows just how little you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>68214457

You're only depriving yourself, cochise. Reindeer Games is a legitimately great crime thriller. If the title turns you off, then congrats to the filmmakers, you aren't worth their time.
>>
>>68214553

Watch it. Just watch it. Enjoy it, and keep it to yourself.
>>
File: Capekino.jpg (347 KB, 2800x2440) Image search: [Google]
Capekino.jpg
347 KB, 2800x2440
>>68213117

Hopefully it's something along the lines of this
>>
>>68214695
>not casting William Dafoe or Michael Shannon for the joker
Dropped
>>
File: 1460491337022.jpg (54 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
1460491337022.jpg
54 KB, 500x399
>>68214695
What is up with this "the actors that look most like the comic book characters are the best choice for the roles" meme? Get out autist.
>>
>>68214553
How many times are you going to make me cringe in this thread?
>>
>>68213117
Subhan' Allah, marhabba Syeddi Bin Al Flecki.
>>
>>68214759

It helps they're good actors too, and if you don't like goggins well go fuck yourself.
>>
>>68214753

Fuck Michael Shannon would be a good joker too, But he was already Zod.
>>
>>68214759
Because it's one dimensional characters from children's books. Everyone can play that shit if they have the looks
>>
>>68214808
Chris and Ryan have both been more than one superhero. And Michael is a thousands times better than them. He could easily blow both performances out of the water.
>>
>>68214821

>I am a huge faggot with nothing to add to the conversation

Fixed.
>>
>>68214895
Both not within the same franchise, ya dingus.
>>
>>68214926
That's why I said he's good enough of an actor to blow both performances out of the water you fucking fungus. He could literally just shoot his zod scenese and immediately pop into joker easily. Don't underestimate Michael. Makeup and good actin does a lot.
>>
File: The Batman.jpg (511 KB, 1672x1017) Image search: [Google]
The Batman.jpg
511 KB, 1672x1017
>>68213117

I got faith in the guy, he knows his shit.

>Gone baby gone
>the Town
>Argo

Clearly he directs well made films and has a sense of pacing, editing and composition, unlike Zach Snyder. I'm not asking for a movie /co/ can fap to, I'm asking for a movie that is well made. I think Affleck will deliver the goods. He knows movies inside and out. He been in front of and behind the lens. He's wrote scripts. I'd say this project is in good hands.

Some anon mentioned it last night, but I dig Affleck's aesthetic. The guy grew up with 60s/70s/80s movies and his films reflect that. I don't think we're going to get typical, CGI cape shit with this one. With "The Batman" we might FINALLY get a more personal story that dabbles with mystery, psychology and the like. I don't know about other people, but I'm sick of these superhero movies with their third act, "beat em' up" that always feels and looks like a video game. There's always some apocalyptic or war bullshit. The great thing about a character like Batman is that he can be in any genre and work. Affleck is known for making thrillers and dramas, I don't want to hype him up and be disappointed later, but I really think he's got this.

He'll do Batman justice, I think. He knows films, he's loved Batman as a kid and he'll put in the time and effort to make a good movie. I mean shit, based on his track record his vision can't be any worse than Snyder's BvS or Nolan's TDKR. We'll see. I want to see Affleck knock this out of the park. He was arguably the best thing about BvS (which isn't saying much). With a better script, a better director (even if you don't like Argo, The Town or Gone baby gone, surely you can admit that he's a more competent director than say, Zach Snyder), and a better style, I'm hopeful. I want to this guy succeed.

Also, am I the only one that thought Snyder and Co. didn't shoot Batman well at all? He made him look uncomfortable and ridiculous. In Affleck's hands, he'll make himself look better.
>>
>>68215115
He's going to write it so Batman's wife frames him for killing her, but jokes on her cause after she fakes her death, the joker actually kills her. Let the shit storm commence.
>>
>>68213794
>I can't like something because manchildren on 4chan make jokes about it
>>
>>68215115
Gone baby gone fucked me up. That poor girl.

Anyone feel like WB is trying to replace Snyder? If Batfleck Solo Movie does well I can see them bringing Ben to direct the JL movie
>>
>>68215351
Unlikely. They'll give him more restrictions and guidelines but they won't kick him.
With Affleck and Terrio writing the script and Larry Fong, DC will be unstoppable.
>>
I'm fucking sick of super hero movies REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee
>>
>>68214695

The Long Halloween would be amazing. I fear we're gonna get Red Hood again though because of how popular it is with normies :/
>>
>>68215427
I just feel like they're realizing that Snyder was the weakest link in their machine. The reviews and the tepid audience response for BvS really puts the spotlight on him. Either he shapes up or he gets the boot.
>>
It was OK. I thought the 30 minute muslim prayer scene was unneeded.
>>
>>68215427
It's funny cause that could make the movies even worse. On top of Snyder's bad decisions you can just see what WB forced into that movie for the sequel shit, leading to such awkward pacing and scenes that just didn't make sense
>>
>>68215460
>>68215498
I'll have to remind you that BvS's first draft was written by Goyer, if the film had some editing/pace issues it's because Affleck and Terrio had to rewrite it completely in a relatively short amount of time.
Goyer was the problem and he was removed, but his mistakes still had an impact on the film. Once the extended cut is released it will fix nearly all of the film's problems and people will finally realize what a masterpiece Batman V Superman really is.
>>
>>68213356
He really is the writer of the duo, that's obvious. Damon is the act though, and they need to work together on something again
>>
>>68215565
>turned into shitpost at the end

come on man
>>
>>68215741
Oh fuck off already.
Pacing and editing were the only two problems of the film.
>>
>>68214920
Calm down kid its just capeshit
>>
>>68213117
ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER DECADE OF CAPESHIT?
>>
>actual Oscar winning director and writer

I know you guys use capekino as a meme but this might ACTUALLY be capekino
>>
>>68216104
This. I don't like marvel movies or DC movies. I don't remember the last capeshit movie I've seen. But I even think I'll go see Afflecks batman in theaters
>>
>>68213117
I've got two words for u tv: hella f*cking epic!!!
>>
>>68216104
If he is going the red hood route, then he better have an original idea on how a tortured robin transitioned into red hood.
>>
>>68216061
I always have a loaded gun at home anon.
>>
File: 1410157647876.png (724 KB, 438x1018) Image search: [Google]
1410157647876.png
724 KB, 438x1018
>>68214457
>this is how people argue on /tv/ these days
>plebbitor
>jeeze
>plebbitor again
>mentioning dc for le ebin imaginary comic book warz
>cucked
Kill yourself, really.
>>
>>68216478
If you couldn't sense the b8 you're the one who needs to kill yourself
>>
>>68215823

They weren't, you cuck. Snyder sucks at making Superman a likable and intelligent character. That Doomsday shit was contrived and embarrassing.
>>
SAVE US BEN ALAHU FLECK
>>
>>68217045
saleel al sawrim
>>
How many oscars is this gonna win?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.