[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Politely suggest a very good animated TV show. I suggest Xavier:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-04-13 at 07.35.46.png (405 KB, 705x407) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-13 at 07.35.46.png
405 KB, 705x407
Politely suggest a very good animated TV show.

I suggest Xavier: Renegade Angel.
>>
File: Frisky_dingo_logo.png (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Frisky_dingo_logo.png
8 KB, 320x240
What's so good about this show?
>>
You sleep, you weep
You snoze, you loze
You slumber, a cucumber
>>
What doth LIFE?

It's a shame that the second season wasn't half as good as the first one.
>>
>>68208643
I think this is a myth.
>Superjail boo woo the first was the best
I view these shows impartially and find hardly any inconsistancy in the quality between seasons.
>>
>>68208669
I watched the second season directly after the first, it doesn't hold up. They went full overboard on trying to cram twice as many jokes into half the space, and Xavier's voice became so much of a terrible imitation that I was surprised it was the same guy. I guess he just completely forgot how to do it.
>>
>>68208079
Literally nothing.
>>
The Adventure Brothers

/thread
>>
>>68208608
You slumber you cucumber
You catch up on some zed's you get outta my heads
You snapple you get slappled
You cucum-HAMBURGER I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE
>>
I love Xavier: Renegade Angel.

Even bought the DVD.

And yeah, season 2 does not hold a match to season 1. Still some solid few episodes, but others like the one with the monkey aren't too good.
>>
>>68208079
it's a more refined version of what Arrested Development was trying to do. it's no wonder they've put so many people from AD into Archer.

and not only does it do AD better than AD did it, but it also taught me how to watch AD, and helped me become a fan after trying and failing to like AD several times.
>>
X:RA season two is way better than season one.

after watching all of season two, I tried watching season one and it, unbelievably, seems too slow and easy to follow.

X:RA season two is the Ulysses of television. It ascends above telekino. it is teliviterature.
>>
>>68209078
Well said. Somewhere around the middle of season 2 it hit its groove.
>>
>>68208901
You napple
>>
Has anyone made transcripts of the episodes?

My language center can't handle the wordplay.
>>
>>68210155
the worst part is, the DVD subtitles have many mistakes.

normally, I don't think any show or movie would require this, but PFFR needed to be very involved in correctly transcribing the episodes.

just watch the episodes a lot. believe it or not, EVERYTHING makes sense. not "plot" sense, but "comedy" sense. callbacks, puns, whatever.

they weren't just fucking around. it all has a purpose
>>
File: 4.png (1 MB, 966x555) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1 MB, 966x555
>>68207867
Fuck you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccrhTmWurvQ
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.