[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zack Snyder Reveals Who Is Playing Jimmy Olsen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Jimmy-Olsen..png (127 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy-Olsen..png
127 KB, 560x315
>http://comicbook.com/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-zack-snyder-reveals-who-is-playing-jimmy-olsen/

>Olsen is played by Michael Cassidy, who fans may remember as the editor of The Daily Planet on Smallville. He joins Lois Lane (Amy Adams) on an assignment to interview a warlord in Africa. He’s then outed as a CIA plant and shot in the head right in front of Lois.

>“We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go,” Snyder tells EW, “and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?”

>Snyder says he kept Olsen’s identity a secret to soften the blow of his death, but Olsen will be properly identified in the R-rated “Ultimate Edition” cut of the film

>“He comes up to her and he goes, ‘Lois Lane, I’m Jimmy Olsen, photographer, obviously … You know, I’ve been assigned to you for this mission.’ But it turns out that Jimmy Olsen is a spook for the CIA.”

>Snyder said he originally tried to cast a big name in the small role, to catch audiences off guard when the character was killed off so quickly. Who exactly? Jesse Eisenberg, who ended up playing Lex Luthor instead.

The CIA at the beginning is Jimmy Olsen

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>“I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’” Snyder says. “And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’

“I said, ‘I want to do this misdirect and you’d be great. You’d be a great Jimmy Olsen,’” the director says. “And he’s like, ‘Yeah, that’s cool,’ and he was being very Jesse in the meeting. Introverted but constantly going, ‘Okay, I see, uh-huh. So it’s sort of a pop-culture redirect, you’re gonna do, because of the certain status of an actor…”

>At the time, Snyder was still looking at older actors, like Bryan Cranston, for the Luthor role, but ultimately changed his vision for the character.

>“We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,” Synder says. “Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”
>>
>>67442643
No one cares about Jimmy Olsen, but Lex being played by Zuckerberg was really shitty, Cranston is too obvious but would have been 10x better
>>
>>67442643
>Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

Yes, I think I can, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>Jimmy
>not a black guy
>>
File: 1445299294296.jpg (51 KB, 399x328) Image search: [Google]
1445299294296.jpg
51 KB, 399x328
Jimmy Olsen should be retconned out of existence.
>>
Olsen is the new CIA?
>>
>>67443532
No, he's the one who indirectly causes Bill Wilson to return as CIA
>>
>we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters

WHY THE FUCK NOT?

I'm convinced now that Snyder hates Superman
>>
but... but what about Aidan Gillen?
>>
>>67443532
>Mr. Luthor, I'm Daily Planet
>>
>>67443532
Jimmy Olsen is a CIA agent
Jimmy is killed
CIA Agent Bill Wilson has to avenge him
>>
>>67443601
It breaks Zack's heart to make Jimmy black.
>>
>>67442638
>our big pantheon of characters
for you
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.