[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I love this movie >Thought about writing a sequel and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: sociopath_kino.png (506 KB, 598x451) Image search: [Google]
sociopath_kino.png
506 KB, 598x451
>I love this movie

>Thought about writing a sequel and going to present it to Dan Gilroy (director)

>Change my mind

>I have a lot to learn and an 18 year old without formal education in screenwriting coming up out of nowhere would probably be seen as disrespectful

>Plus I don't know if they're already planning a sequel

>blah

Would a sequel even make sense?

I was picturing this:

>2-3 years later

>Lou's ridiculously successful, owns a few sister photo-journalism companies now

>Lives in a mansion by himself, and he's not sleeping

>Black detective lady is steadily building a case, out of scraps of evidence

>Lou needs to lay low so he flies to Germany for some conveniently-timed conference

>Meets a charming but strange business man (wink Christoph Waltz wink)

>This man is single, quiet, brilliant

>Him and Lou are drawn to eachother, team up, going about things legally/normally until they each realize they're both sick fucks

>Dinner party in NYC is where things spiral out

>Black detective lady catches them in the end

I thought it'd be cool if the whole time the audience thought his new business partner wasn't real, but in actuality pretty much everyone in the movie wasn't real (sleep deprivation, mental illness) but his business partner is VERY real.
>>
>>68201836
>gets caught in the end
No
>>
File: 1460504886516.jpg (48 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
1460504886516.jpg
48 KB, 992x744
>>
No sequel necessary.
>>
if you only wrote one screenplay you haven't written enough screenplays. I pitched a show to a Cartoon Network executive when I was in college and it went past the pitch cause she liked it but they didn't have enough money to green light. I'm 31 getting back into writing and can tell you I couldn't write for shit until I did 5 screenplays and a movie and I'm still learning.
>>
>>68201836
Shut the fuck up, retard.
>>
>>68201836
>Meets a charming but strange business man (wink Christoph Waltz wink)
lmao
>>
>>68201836
>disrespectful

more like
>"I'll take a look at it"
>never does
>>
File: kermit .gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
kermit .gif
1 MB, 500x280
>>68201836
I really hated this movie, but I loved Louis Bloom

anyone else agree
>>
>>68201836
Why make a sequel? Taxi Driver didn't need one nor does this.

Either make a companion story that shares influences from the film. Or write something completely different.

Good rule thumb. Never sequel a drama that isn't yours.
>>
Probably the most dissappointed I've been about a movie in a while.

Nightcrawler was just so much more straightforward and boring that I had hoped.
>>
>>68201836
You should write it anyway, no harm in getting experience. If you have a solid throughline and an ending then you're way ahead of most starting screenwriters.
>>
Write it. My only advice is if you have an idea, sit down and write it. So what if you get 5 pages in and you don't think it'd any good. So what if no one ever reads it. You'll never make it as a screenwriter without experience and the only way to get that is to write.
>>
>>68202350
Any success, my man?
>>
The sequel would have to have Lou as an up and coming network executive, wrangling his way into the boardroom through network and media politics in an utterly psychopathic style, generating political murders and intrigue along the way. By the end he'd be made Vice President and will have generated a string of sensational atrocities with even more far reaching consequences than the first film. Would be interesting to do this and keep the "night" theme though. What works so much about the first film is that it's nearly always set at night and there is no authority anywhere, only creeps like Lou hanging around. Would be hard to keep this style if he was an official network employee.
>>
File: radiostations.jpg (157 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
radiostations.jpg
157 KB, 480x459
>>68201836
>blah
>>
This film is literally just Network crossed with Drive.
>>
Make the "sequel" about a TMZ-type operation that springs up and ruins celebrities' lives to make a hot clickbait story. Direct competition with Louis, he's never shown but it's implied he's changed things in the media and this is how it is now.

Imagine some TMZ scumbag pressuring someone to go back on heroin, or setting up bait hookers to secretly record video/send it to the actor's wife to cause a big break up. A group of predators.
>>
>>68201836
Write it and then write a hundred other Scripts isn't that how screenwriting works? you can't bank all your cookies on one script and you literally have to stop caring about it after you've finished writing?
>>
>>68201836

>I have a lot to learn and an 18 year old without formal education in screenwriting coming up out of nowhere would probably be seen as disrespectful, but I'm highly motivated and passionate when it comes to film - and not having attended film school frees me from possessing a learned predisposition towards the art and enables me to have a fresh new view to offer yourself and the audience! Give me a few brief moments of your time and I will show you how together we can create something wonderful and leave a lasting mark in the annuls of movie magic!

*Creepy wide smile*
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.