[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do black people like Dragon Ball so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1600x1600
Why do black people like Dragon Ball so much?
>>
Because everyone likes DBZ.

The real question should be why do latinos like Saint Seiya so much?
>>
>>68201519
Clearly they admire the big monkey form of goku and vegeta.
>>
Niggers love violence.
>>
They don't have jobs so they sit around smoking weed and watching cartoons
>>
They like it because people get strong and fight. Plus there's a lot of 'nigga u thought that killt me' shit.
>>
Because they fight the evil white guy and eat beans.
>>
>>68201519
Because it is brainless muscle flexing and punching: the anime.
>>
Everyone liked it. It's a show full of buff dudes beating the shit out of each other. When you're a kid on an afternoon sugar high, what's not to like?

Plus, there was nothing quite like it before on nationwide American TV. That level of detailed, ridiculous violence was unheard of to people who never really watched anime before or knew what it was.
>>
File: 711[1].jpg (22 KB, 471x520) Image search: [Google]
711[1].jpg
22 KB, 471x520
>muh Dragon Ball
>>
>>68201519
>black
>people
>>
Because it's simplistic, adult-oriented animation based on violence that was heavily aired during their adolescence.

Same for whites and spics.
>>
I just remembered the time a friend & I pissed off his little brother over something, so he tried to go super saiyan on us.

He ended up shitting all over the floor. It was hilarious.
>>
>stupid show about monkeys fighting each other
>>
They relate to Gohan and Goten because Goku is a non-existent father.
>>
>>68201519
Because all the dad's running out on their kids and getting beat up by people who don't look like them remind them of their own lives

>The RZA actually wrote in his book that DBZ is the story of the black man in America
>>
>work at target unloading trucks and stocking store
>one day they put me to unload with this black guy
>he's wearing a shirt that says "it's over 9000"
>immediate bond

He was pretty cool, it was through him I learned how much black people like anime
>>
niggas love over-the-top shieet mayne
>>
>>68203097
I believe it. To a degree.

Don't think they'd turn out like Gohan, and become some goober kid at school. This isn't the Bernie Mac Show.
>>
dont they just love anime?

i know they get hard af for fma and naruto too
>>
>mfw americans didn't get original DB on TV
>mfw they didn't get to see the whole transformation of Goku from clueless kid to alien warrior
>mfw they lost the best arcs of the whole series
the first time goku died was something HUGE if you followed the story from the very start
>>
File: free_shrugs.jpg (11 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
free_shrugs.jpg
11 KB, 188x269
>>68201722
>>
>>68201519
Saiyans are marginalised like blacks.
Saiyans were KINGS AND SHEEIT
Vegeta is Bulma and Yamchas bull
Saiyans don't crack
Literally chimp out
>>
>>68201519
https://youtu.be/_En4RovedOA
>>
>>68201519
I don't know, but it's fucking great.
>>
>>68203846
Nick Cannon loves Dragonball
>>
>>68205882
fuck nick cannon
>>
>>68203615
Bulma left Yamcha because he cheated on her.
Do niggers turn into aryans when they're mad?
>>
File: majin-buu.jpg (148 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
majin-buu.jpg
148 KB, 500x499
>>68201519
Who knows but some also like Yu-Gi-Oh. I once heard them to the exact intro of the show during class.
>>
>>68201722
I think it's just because it ran in South American countries.

>>68202517
>adult-oriented
It's a children's show.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.