[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That scene with the flamethrower >The rape scene >That
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1460389186678.jpg (99 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
1460389186678.jpg
99 KB, 612x792
>That scene with the flamethrower
>The rape scene
>That scene at the end where he comes back to America and they ask him who's a good boy and he doesn't know what to answer
My only complaint about this movie is the really out of place joke where everyone throws themselves on the grenade at once and everyone gets killed except Conner. It totally ruins the tone of the film.
>>
You know if you make these threads too often the joke gets stale, right? Not every meme has the staying power of bane
>>
>the framing of the owners, rendering them godlike observers over the scorched existence of the dog
>unlimited depth of field allows the protagonist, the machines of war, and the natural landscape to hit us synchronously
>the chiaroscuro color palette
>the mise-en-scène
>oscar-worthy performance from the dog
This was the purest kino I've ever seen and my favorite war movie to this day. Reminds me of the old Tim O'Brien quote:

“A true war story is never moral. It does not instruct, nor encourage virtue, nor suggest models of proper human behavior, nor restrain men from doing the things men have always done. If a story seems moral, do not believe it. If at the end of a war story you feel uplifted, or if you feel that some small bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, then you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie. There is no rectitude whatsoever. There is no virtue. As a first rule of thumb, therefore, you can tell a true war story by its absolute and uncompromising allegiance to obscenity and evil.”
>>
>>68199801
They came back to life in the next scene. The point of the grenade scene was to show how PTSD had caused him to become completely detached from reality to the point that he kept slipping into fantasies. If you notice, those grenades are actually all tennis balls like the kind he was playing with at the start of the film.
>>
File: 1342968331001.png (46 KB, 593x457) Image search: [Google]
1342968331001.png
46 KB, 593x457
I liked it when he ripped the terrorists throat out.
>>
File: 1459979982017.gif (262 KB, 325x347) Image search: [Google]
1459979982017.gif
262 KB, 325x347
>>68199847
Perhaps the same could be said of check em
>>
>>68199957
nice try
>>
My repeating digits. Observe.
>>
File: the batemeister.jpg (872 KB, 355x262) Image search: [Google]
the batemeister.jpg
872 KB, 355x262
hey is this the dubs thread
>>
>inb4 "there's no rule that says a dog can commit war crimes"
>inb4 "I can't believe that [vague description of a horrific scene]"
>inb4 [cynical Vietnam war monologue with dog wordplay]

I hate metaposting as much as any other faggot, but at least wait a few days so the jokes at least feel fresher.
>>
File: fid13563.jpg (45 KB, 350x522) Image search: [Google]
fid13563.jpg
45 KB, 350x522
Leave Dogkino to me
>>
>>68200077
This shit flew way over my head, someone please explain the bathtub scene.
>>
>>68200034

your not supposed to browse 4chan every single day anon
>>
>>68200354
The bathtub signifies depression. Pudsey's owners are, in a way, life. They just keep throwing him in there. It's sort of a failed moses deal. Dog tries to free his enslaved brothers and sisters, but they're no match for the superiority of humans. He can't communicate effectively enough to coordinate a successful escape. The dogs look to him for guidance, but as he looks towards the sky and calls for help from above he realizes nothing and nobody is up there. The humans take him and make a mockery of baptism and near-drown him so he learns his lesson. It's the director's way of showing that religion cannot always be counted upon for hope, but is a guaranteed amplifier of sorrow and suffering. Truly groundbreaking work. I also liked great kibble caper scene in the last half
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.