[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT, Characters who should have won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 1024x576
ITT, Characters who should have won
>>
>>68198448
He thought with his dick and he got what he deserved

Fuck chads
>>
>>68198663
kek
>>
File: grinding.png (149 KB, 237x331) Image search: [Google]
grinding.png
149 KB, 237x331
>>68198448
>>
>has chance to win the war
>puts muh love first
yeah no
>>
File: 1460299447222.gif (2 MB, 245x281) Image search: [Google]
1460299447222.gif
2 MB, 245x281
>>68198448
Fuck no.
Ditch the Frey, you gonna pay.
>>
File: walder frey.jpg (98 KB, 913x715) Image search: [Google]
walder frey.jpg
98 KB, 913x715
>>68198448
Shoulda married my daughter, faggot.
>>
>>68198448
he went about it so badly.

>could win war puts love first
>doesn't wait until after he wins the war to break his oath to frey
>brings his preg wife to the man he betrayed
he didn't deserve that death. but he was so full of himself.
>>
>>68198663
>bitter betas

>>68198448
Robb stark was a valiant King. The North remembers
>>
Would Frey still have betrayed Robb if he had married his daughter?
>>
>>68199063
There was literally nothing valiant about him
>>
>>68199030
I agree he made many mistakes, but he was a well-meaning brave leader. He was always at the vanguard of his battles, and his men (some pretty tough northmen) respected him. He was also a tactical genius, he just made poor political choices. He still should have won
>>
>>68198773
He's still alive in the book
>>
>>68199030
To be fair the reason he made the deal with the Freys is so that he could cross the river and get to Kings Landing before they fucked up his Father/ sisters too much.

Then they behead his father and Arya goes missing. I guess in the show his age is ambiguous but in the books, although he's a mature guy he's only 16 and has all the emotional maturity of a 16 year old. Since cross the river isn't a big hurry anymore and the main goal is war with the lannisters, marrying the Frey girl isn't AS important, especially considering the later development that edmure gets promised to one of the freys.

Tragically Robb gave in to his hormones and didn't have a strong Father figure to point him in the right direction.

And the North bled
>>
>>68199132
Why do you say that? He wanted to free his people from illegitimate, oppressive Southern rule. In every battle he went out of hsi way to go to where the fighting was thickest. He was willing to go to war to save his sisters and Father. How is that not valiant, and if it isn't, what is? I'm not saying he's perfect, but Valiant as FUCK
>>
>>68198448
Any of the characters "should have won" the game of thrones. They don't because a character trait, like honor, leads to their downfall.
>>
>>68198448
Maybe in the book. In the show he was a full retard who deserved to die.
>>
>>68198448

Honour and nobility is like having Downs in a realpolitik setting.
>>
>>68198448
>sends 2000 men to their graves for no reason
>executes Lord Karstark
>marries a foreigner, breaking his oath to Lord Frey
>doesn't tell Edmure about his plans and is angry at him when he does something brave
>doesn't give a shit about the people from the Riverlands who are fighting and dying for him
>is willing to give Harrenhall to House Frey before the RW just because he needs his support (after he betrayed him once) instead of House Tully
>wants to besiege Casterly Rock and get trapped between the ocean and the combined Lannister/Tyrell forces (this only happens in the show though) because...?

He was the worst king. Glad he died.
His mother was also a retard.
>>
>>68200432

>literally never loses a battle

His only fuck up was the marriage, he had Tywin by the balls with or without the Tyrells.
>>
>>68200944
Because Tywin was also an idiot. The difference is, Tywin was an idiot only on the battlefield where he could afford to lose many times over because he had like a bajillion men in reserve.
>>
>>68198773
He'll hopefully win in the books, the SJW director killed him off in the show to make Brienne look stronk and shoehorn Daenerys into winning because muh women
>>
>>68198448
It's weird reading the books and realizing he's 15. Here he's a full-blown man.
>>
>>68201244
ages in the novels are fucked up t b h
I think gurm took the sentence "people back then (the middle ages) lived fast and died young" a bit too seriously
never in history a 14 years old won so many battles against more experienced and richer enemies, the only one getting close to that was Charles XII of Sweden
>>
>>68198448
I really did like Robb and his actor
>>
>>68201363
Yeah, this is like some Ender's Game shit
>>
File: THEKINGINTHENORTH.jpg (346 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
THEKINGINTHENORTH.jpg
346 KB, 1280x768
>>68198448
>went full aut writing GRRM's wrongs
>>
>>68199150
>>68199200
This.

I did enjoy his journey, flaws and all.
>>
File: billy.jpg (45 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
billy.jpg
45 KB, 500x606
Yeah I know it's been 20 years but still.
>>
>>68201204
It didn't make Brienne look strong at all, Stannis was injured and beeding and let her do it. All she did was swing a sword. Plus she gave some speech about Renly being the "rightful" king so she just came across like a dumbass in that scene. Nothing tough or strong about it.
>>
File: 1451954513917.jpg (247 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
1451954513917.jpg
247 KB, 757x720
>>
>>68198773
Stannis alive!

check the leaks
>>
>le rooting for rob meme

wow people actually did this? fucking normies
>>
Robb was such a non-character in the first season. I really liked him by the end though. I thought he pulled off the kingly feel really well. Sucks that he died.
>>
>>68201480

>play that mod
>conquer the Seven Kingdoms
>absolutely nothing left to do that's any fun
>>
>>68199150
>Tactical genius
>Most of his wins are by Luck

The Whispering wood he got lucky Jaime got his sword stuck, Jaime was cutting down his honour gaurd like it was nothing, and would have rekt Robb.

Oxcross his wolf magically finds a path to a perfect flanking position

Battle of the Camps and The Crag are really the only battles he wins, but they werent that much of underdogs in either.
>>
>>68200432
>doesn't tell Edmure about his plans and is angry at him when he does something brave

>implying he had a plan and wasnt just forcing Edmure to marry a Frey and using stupidity as a reason
>>
In the books I like to imagine that Robb thought he was about to die and didn't want to die a virgin so he just fucked some girl but then didn't end up dying.
>>
File: 1099.gif (61 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
1099.gif
61 KB, 500x248
>>
>>68204336
He's talking about when Edmure moved to cut off Tywin's advance, when Robb wanted tywin to move into the trap Robb had laid for him.
>>
>>68204491
Robb didnt have a trap you moron.

Robb said these things because he fucked Jeyne and didnt want someone to be a bastard and be treated like Jon, so he married her instead. Then he needed Frey to not be so upset.
>>
>>68201204
You're a fucking moron if you think GRRM didn't give them the go ahead to do that
>>
>>68204491
>he actually thinks Robb tried to bait Tywin

The state of affairs when Robb leaves Riverrun: - Tywin is at Harrenhal - Stannis is sitting at Dragonstone - Renly is making his glacial procession from the South

A lot of things are up in the air. Will Tywin stay at Harrenhal? Will he take the fight to Stannis or Renly? Will Renly accept an alliance with Robb? What will Stannis do?

It's a total crap shoot.

Further, Robb has no idea that he will be able to get through the Golden Tooth so easily or that he will be able to obliterate Stafford Lannister's host with minimal losses. It's really only due to these factors that he is able to raid the Westerlands as he does and have the capability to lay a trap for Tywin at all.

At the end of the day, the order to hold Riverrun was not part of some grand design. It was a sensible order given to a troublesome Lord who proved himself to be a poor commander, spreading his forces thin but still trying to be an aggressor leading to his own capture and siege of his castle.

Robb needed to make sure Riverrun was secure as a base of operations in the Riverlands. If Tywin attacks Riverrun, Robb can smash him like he did Jaime. If he did not, Robb should've been able to at least count on Edmure to hold his ground and allow Robb to improvise, which is exactly what happened.

Granted Edmure did a great job at the Battle of the Fords from a tactical perspective. But if he lost it would've been a disaster.
>>
>>68204491
>>68204553

There was no trap. Edmure was told to stay in Riverrun and resist a siege. Edmure used his initiative and repelled Tywin's forces at an easily dependable river crossing. This meant Tywin was able to march on King's Landing and help fight Stannis. Edmure got shat on by Robb because he tried to do something and it cost them.

This is standard behavior in the real world. If your boss asks you to do a task, but you do it differently, you'd best get a better outcome because otherwise you're getting blamed for everything that went wrong.

There was no epic masterplan. There was just chain of command and uinforseen consequences.
>>
>>68203877
Just like based bobby b.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.