[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank the Cahiers du cinéma-5 from best to worst.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: cahiers.jpg (106 KB, 1500x300) Image search: [Google]
cahiers.jpg
106 KB, 1500x300
Rank the Cahiers du cinéma-5 from best to worst.
>>
File: rivette1.jpg (593 KB, 1194x1920) Image search: [Google]
rivette1.jpg
593 KB, 1194x1920
God-tier
>Rivette
>Chabrol

Great-tier
>Godard

Should have stuck to criticism-tier
Rohmer
Truffaut
>>
File: 7.jpg (69 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
69 KB, 500x643
>>68191131
1- Rohmer
2- Truffaut
3- Rivette (haven't seen his flicks)
4- Chabrol (haven't seen his flicks)
5- Godard
>>
medium-Good tier
Rivette
Rohmer
Meh tier
Chabrol
post 60's godard
bad tier
truffaut
60's godard
>>
>>68191384
What's your beef with Rohmer?
>>
>>68191519
>hasn't seen their movies but feels like voicing his stupid opinion
stick to your cape idols boy
>>
they're all shit

french cinema is shit
>>
>>68191613
your shit!!
>>
File: marie-et-julien.jpg (98 KB, 1000x645) Image search: [Google]
marie-et-julien.jpg
98 KB, 1000x645
>>68191131
>God-tier
Rivette
>Great-tier
Rohmer
Chabrol
>uneven-tier
Godard
>one-hit-wonder-tier
Truffaut
>>
>>68191572
I've enjoyed his films, but I don't think he is one of the great filmmakers.

>>68191562

Chabrol is great you plen.
>>
>>68191773
>i just discovered french new wave!
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-18-00h04m54s199.png (586 KB, 678x536) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-18-00h04m54s199.png
586 KB, 678x536
>>68192470
>I make assumptions about anonymous posters on Albanian CP-exchange boards!
>>
>>68191131
Godard #1 most of the time I hate the man and his films but for some reason I keep coming back to him with a certain fascination (even his 70's stuff), and when he shines he really does, he's a talented fraud but can also be a real poet, I like the way he experiments with cinema as images and sounds but he's technically incompetent and has no idea how to make a picture for an audience.
Chabrol #2 I think he's a very mediocre filmmaker, often very lazy and visually uninspired but I like his sense of humor, his 'character' and his simple love of the crime thriller genre, he's not a deconstructionist, he makes the comfiest and less pretentious flicks of the bunch, plus the man himself was always fun and interesting when talking about Lang or Hitchcock, and he's responsible for boosting James Gray's career
Truffaut #3 I like his romantic sensibility and he's good at directing, more elegant than Chabrol but he is completely inoffensive and indulges his narcissicism as much as Godard without ever shining brightly.

I have zero interest in both Rohmer and Rivette;
>>
>>68193253
>I have zero interest in both Rohmer and Rivette

Why?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.