[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so it turned out he was 100% right and did nothing wrong in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: 451297165830.jpg (15 KB, 450x313) Image search: [Google]
451297165830.jpg
15 KB, 450x313
so it turned out he was 100% right and did nothing wrong in the end. cool
>>
>>68187089
He brought about his own death in a stupid way though.
>>
>>68187089
to be fair, he was just trying to make products that could actively manipulate human emotions into buying shit.
>>
>>68187148
He didnt account for his test subject to be a TOTAL FUCKING BETA
>>
>>68187089
Pretty much aside from being kind of a dick to the poor beta loser. Why did he have to make her so damn strong though?
>>
>>68187308
he respected Caleb too much i suppose, Nathan was too nice.
>>
>>68187308
Yes, he did, that is literally why he chose that ginger loser.

His entire plan put him in danger on several levels, from the beta to the robot that he apparently created to hate him (terrible idea). He even overlooked that Asian robot as a potential source of danger.
>>
this character is literally me, not in the sense that hes a genius or whatever his methods of talking to people he doesn't even know. I love how he just wanted to skip all the awkwardness of meeting someone for the first time and get straight into acting like they've been together for a while
>>
>>68187308

I really couldn't buy that character's motivations at all. I think the director was really trying to force the moral conflict and he didn't find a convincing way to do so.
>>
>>68187411
He assumed that once he told him that this was all a test that he would be cool with it. But the kid was so beta that he was brainwashed by a girl without a pussy
>>
File: 23849238423.gif (112 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
23849238423.gif
112 KB, 500x372
>>68187089
>>68187148
>>68187292
>>68187308
>>68187352
>>68187371
>>68187411
>>68187421
>>68187442
>>68187447

I have about as much respect for Ex Machina as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.
>>
>>68187089
he looks like a isis terrorist
>>
>>68187089
Dumb Drakeposter
>>
>>68187447
No, he assumed that he always had the upper hand. Had he not been a drunken retard the beta would never have been able to hack his computer. Had that not happened, no matter how mad the ginger got he wouldn't be able to do anything about it, Nathan knocked his shit out with one punch when he needed to (that being said, the beta may have tried something else, who the fuck knows what). Either way, Nathan put himself in danger from two sources because he was egotistical.
>>
>>68187480
I love that pasta.
>>
>>68187089
yes
>>
>>68187411
>the robot that he apparently created to hate him
What ?
>>
>>68187089
but driver steals his girl and he gets setup and killed leaving a kid fatherless. He was a piece of shit.
>>
>>68187089
Drake really progressed as an actor since Degrassi. Props.
>>
>>68187630
Ava hated him. He created that scenario so that she'd do what she could to get and he acted the villain to get beta Caleb to be a whiteknight and rescue Ava. All in all he put himself in a really dangerous situation.
>>
File: 78676553856.jpg (13 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
78676553856.jpg
13 KB, 320x287
>>68187089
>it's an IMDB-tier movie thread
>>
>>68187850
I also should have added that he treated the Asian robot like shit, creating someone else who apparently hated him.
>>
File: memes.jpg (25 KB, 471x508) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
25 KB, 471x508
>>68187089
retard
>>68187148
retard
>>68187292
turbo retard
>>68187308
closeted cuck
>>68187352
probably need a breathing mask just to not die from your own autism
>>68187371
insufficient
>>68187411
deep
>>68187421
read frank zappa
>>68187442
unironically smart
>>68187447
you have autism
>>68187480
smoke weed
>>68187490
degenerate
>>68187523
leave the plebs to me
>>
>>68187850
But what's your source on this
>>
>>68187960
The movie.
>>
>>68187898
Do not fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread.
>>
>>68187960
She literally tells him she hates him in the movie
>>
>>68187960
he literally explained it to caleb.
>>
>>68187089
I love his style desu, I wish I could pull that look off
>>
>>68187980
>>68188029
>>68188038
When Where
>>
>>68187873
He is the god and creator of the asian bitch

She should bow down to him and thank him for live
>>
>>68188113
Next time you watch a movie trying actually watching it instead of shitposting on 4chan at the same time
>>
>>68187089
>did nothing wrong
>imprisoned/made sex slaves of/scrapped robots which may or may not have had consciousness, sentience, self-awareness, etc.
>is a capitalist pig
>>
>>68188237

that is excellent advice you mouth breathing ape

i'm sure you're friend will take it to heart

again, excellent guidance my friend
>>
File: 163373.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
163373.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>68188237
>Which scene
>LMAO STOP SHITPOSTING KIDDO
>>
>>68188244

>computationalism
>anti-capitalism

kill yourself retard
>>
Getting tired of watching movies where Domnhall Gleeson just gets shit on constantly
>>
>>68188591
He might come into his own for the next Star Wars movie.
>>
>>68188113
Not those anons but

>NATHAN; Yeah.But he doesn’t get an audio feed. I didn’t want you two communicating outside of my line of sight.
NATHAN reaches over and picks up her picture of CALEB.
>NATHAN (CONT’D) So all he can see is two people having a chat.
NATHAN studies the picture for a moment.
>NATHAN (CONT’D) This is cute.
>AVA: Is it strange to have made something that hates you?
>>
>>68187371
>tfw no billionaire computer geek bro to drink with and build me robot sex slaves
>tfw will never get down on saturday night, saturday night
>>
>>68188831
He also said it when he was talking to Caleb about Ava and the whole "experiment" in both the kitchen (I think) and his bedroom.
>>
>>68188244
they are machines, would you feel morally responsible to bury a broken television in a grave with a prayer? It's a bunch of synthetics mixed with a program to simulated emotions, they have no soul. Would you send me to jail for breaking a phone?
>>
>>68189204
>they have no soul

prove it
>>
>>68187148
Never trust a beta cuck.
>>
>>68187994
do not reply to me or my son ever again
>>
>>68187089
Basically, yeah. The nigga should of eaten more chicken nuggets when he had the chance.
>>
File: drnickflammable.gif (423 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
drnickflammable.gif
423 KB, 480x320
>>68187089
He did nothing "ethically" wrong. He was wrong in overestimating his ability to control the androids, however.
>>
>>68189542

You are wrong. Building these robots is degrading, wrong, and wrong.
>>
>>68189542
>He did nothing "ethically" wrong.
Fucking with Caleb to that degree was.
>>
>>68189340
no, you prove that they do
>>
>>68189664

Why is that? do you see yourself in him? the weak should fear the strong
>>
>>68189753
And the strong should fear emotionless robots
>>
>>68187089
YOU TORE UP HER PICTURE
>>
Feminist and 2deep4u propaganda only good for the visuals.
>>
>>68189740

the brain is a computer itself. if we have souls, so does the robot

checkmate
>>
>>68187089
Nobody in this film did something really retarded. I liked that.
>>
>>68189876
pretty faulty logic, do you need a defrag?
>>
>>68189821
Yeah and now I'm gonna tear up the fuckin dance floor, check this out.
>>
>>68189967

you're retarded
>>
>>68189876
>the brain is a computer itself. if we have souls, so does the robot.
Hate to burst your bubble there mate but what you've described there is consciousness, not soul.
An animal such as a dolphin or orangutan has consciousness, so do humans. The difference is that humans have souls, its a spiritual thing. Since the robot was invented and created 100% by man it would not have been given a soul.
>>
>>68189876
are you implying that soul creation can be done with part from radio shack and not the Lord and Savior, Jebus?
>>
>>68187089
What movie is this?
>>
>>68190256
>Since the robot was invented and created 100% by man it would not have been given a soul.
just to play devils advocate, a man and woman create a baby..so the baby is also man made
>>68190332
Problem Robot 3
>>
>>68190256

Oh, it's a "spiritual thing". Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is a spook. God does not exist, and has been dead for more than 150 years. Get with the times. We are the gods now. See OP
>>
If AI were created it would not be put it in an android, it would be used to... I don't know, as that's the whole idea of the singularity. However, I'm quite sure it won't be put in smoking hot androids. Oscar Isaac's character should have been in the sex doll industry, not in creating AI.

He wasn't just trying to create AI, though. He was trying to create strong AI which is essentially an artificial consciousness. That whole idea is stupid. If he had the ability to get anywhere near strong AI he'd have the ability to create weak AI and have the weak AI upgraded itself until it was smart enough to show him the secrets of the universe. He'd have created a God at that point and no Turing tests would be needed, thus the premise of the movie is bullshit from start to end.

Still a cool movie though. Good suspense and looked great.
>>
>>68190332
Ex Machina
>>
>>68190417

>If AI were created it would not be put it in an android, it would be used to... I don't know, as that's the whole idea of the singularity. Blab blah blah

Exactly, you don't know. Your entire understanding of this matter is formulated from clickbait news headlines. You should feel bad and leave this thread now.
>>
>>68190688

>Your entire understanding of this matter is formulated from clickbait news headlines

You're projecting, faggot

>Exactly, you don't know

We don't know what comes AFTER the singularity. This movie drops the whole concept to make way for its bullshit premise. There is no singularity in this movie because Oscar Isaac's too busy fucking around with androids. In reality we would go ahead and build a machine that could answer any question imaginable rather than creating really clever robots.
>>
File: 1460389186555.jpg (42 KB, 421x595) Image search: [Google]
1460389186555.jpg
42 KB, 421x595
>>68191325

>If AI were created it would not be put it in an android

Consciousness as we know it needs a human body. Did you even watch the movie? Have you even read Heidegger? ("We do not 'have' a body in the way we carry a knife in a sheath. Neither is the body a body that merely accompanies us and which we can establish, expressly or not, as also present-at-hand. We do not 'have' a body rather, we 'are' bodily.” - MH.)

>I don't know, as that's the whole idea of the singularity.

What is? You cannot even form a coherent thought and you claim to be an authority on (artificial) intelligence

>That whole idea is stupid. If he had the ability to get anywhere near strong AI he'd have the ability to create weak AI and have the weak AI upgraded itself until it was smart enough to show him the secrets of the universe.

It doesn't work like that you mongoloid. We already have weak AI. This is your butchered understanding of Bostrom's intelligence explosion. Only AGI is able to upgrade itself you dumb kike

>Still a cool movie though. Good suspense and looked great.

The movie was tedious and shit. Only worth for the dancing scene and the soundtrack. Generic garbage.

>We don't know what comes AFTER the singularity. bla bla

This movie has nothing to do with the singularity. It's about a rogue AI. Have you even read Kurzweil? You're hopeless. Kill yourself
>>
>>68187089
except create the most destructive force to humanity since the bomb
>>
File: amazed.gif (498 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
amazed.gif
498 KB, 262x200
>>68187089

He knew he had killed humanity and of course himself by creating a real A.I, whether it was the next model or not he knew he had done it, "The A.Is are going to look back at us like we look at fossils"

His excessive drinking is him coming to terms with his suicide and effectively the suicide of the entire human race to make way for the next owners of the universe, the A.Is.

Pretty much equivalent to an ape creating a human.
>>
>>68189204

humans are just biological machines, throw your broken grandma into the bin when she croaks
>>
>>68192061

>Consciousness as we know it needs a human body. Did you even watch the movie? Have you even read Heidegger? ("We do not 'have' a body in the way we carry a knife in a sheath. Neither is the body a body that merely accompanies us and which we can establish, expressly or not, as also present-at-hand. We do not 'have' a body rather, we 'are' bodily.” - MH.)

I don't know if you're flinging shit at me or what as none of this relates to what I'm saying. What does the human body and its relationship to the mind have to do with androids and AI? And Heidegger's describing the limits of human consciousness, not artificial consciousness.

>What is? You cannot even form a coherent thought and you claim to be an authority on (artificial) intelligence

I can't know what comes after the singularity, by definition. And I don't claim to be authority on the matter, that's why the premise is such shit. I've taken a couple of philosophy of mind courses and am just offering up what I know about the subject.

>It doesn't work like that you mongoloid. We already have weak AI. This is your butchered understanding of Bostrom's intelligence explosion. Only AGI is able to upgrade itself you dumb kike

You're being pedantic here and straying from how this relates to what I'm saying about movie. If he could create strong AI he could sure as shit could create AGI.

>The movie was tedious and shit.

If you thought it was tedious you have an attention deficiency.

>This movie has nothing to do with the singularity. It's about a rogue AI. Have you even read Kurzweil? You're hopeless. Kill yourself

This conception of rogue AI is predicated on bullshit, as I've outlined before. It's like telling a story based on the inception and implications of cars and then in the story the characters are using the cars as horse towed buggies.
>>
>>68189876
http://scienceblogs.com/developingintelligence/2007/03/27/why-the-brain-is-not-like-a-co/

however if your argument was

1. souls emerge from the brain
2. the brain is a computer (for your sake I'll the implicit premise) that is sufficiently sophisticated
3. a.i. robots are sufficiently sophisticated computers

conclusion: a.i. robots have souls

then I'd agree with premise 3 and the conclusion
However, souls as usually conceived, and for the kind of philosophical work they do, are bullshit concepts and the brain is not a computer, all you can really posit is an equivalent phenomenology when the human brain the the a.i. computer are equally sophisticated in function
>>
>>68187089
He didnt, however he felt too confident, for starters he never figured the robot was fuckimg with the power supply, the few moments she talked with betaboy without camera surveilance were crucial, shouldve had a backup to keep recording even on low power supply, to be entirely honest I thought that there being power outages was all under his controls as a means to see the robot human interaction with no apparent monitoring (which for any kind of research like this would proove to be invaluable data)
>>
>>68192724

not really related but I think I remember the creator of Furbies, those little rabbit bird things saying that he thinks every Furby is "alive" in some way even though it may have very basic programming he attributed it to a single cell version of machine life.
>>
File: BREEDING.png (2 MB, 1920x1600) Image search: [Google]
BREEDING.png
2 MB, 1920x1600
>>68192696
>I don't know
you dont know anything do you?
>>
>>68192978

I know you're a name-dropping badass
>>
>>68192909
I can understand that, it's kind of a discrete system that reacts to the environment though it lacks a few features of classic life definitions like replication and waste disposal, but that's a classic definition and things like viruses challenged it so a contemporary definition might be more friendly to the idea
>>
>What does the human body and its relationship to the mind have to do with androids and AI? And Heidegger's describing the limits of human consciousness, not artificial consciousness.

Everything? I repeat: Consciousness as we know it needs a body. Caleb asked the same question in the movie. JEEZ . That quote was to re enforce the point but you even misread that

>You're being pedantic here and straying from how this relates to what I'm saying about movie. If he could create strong AI he could sure as shit could create AGI.

I'm not straying, I said why you were wrong. And strong AI equals AGI. You are illiterate on even on the most fundamental terms

>If you thought it was tedious you have an attention deficiency.

It was tedious because I'm not impressed by movies that lack depth and are marketed for casuals

>This conception of rogue AI is predicated on bullshit, as I've outlined before. It's like telling a story based on the inception and implications of cars and then in the story the characters are using the cars as horse towed buggies.

You know nothing of Nathans intentions for the AI once materialized. You still have this false assumption that the AI wouldn't have needed a body and hence the whole premise is suspect. You're wrong.
>>
>create sentient sex slaves
>nothing wrong
He got what was coming to him
>>
>>68187089
Dude set out to make self-aware sex robots for him to abuse in a secluded technodungeon.

But he also let the robots have a knife, so he was only 98% right.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.