[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel-General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: dec.jpg (26 KB, 656x380) Image search: [Google]
dec.jpg
26 KB, 656x380
How hyped are about the coming superhero movies like Dr. Strange and Civil War?

Do you think they breath some fresh air in the genre?
>>
Wasnt there suppose to be a trailer for Dr. Strange already?
>>
>>68175626
I HATE SUPERHERO FILMS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I hate capeshit but I am all for our new Magikino overlords.
>>
Doctor Strange more like Doctor Who
Cumberatch look ridonkulus as his name

This shit alongside Suicide Squadis gon be FF2015 tier bomb
>>
>>68175626
More for Strange than civil war, just to see if MCU finally gets actual magic...or if it's just handwaved as sufficiently advanced technology.
That I'll enjoy both is almost certain. Almost. They could pull an AoU yet.
>>
>>68175626
>breath some fresh air in the genre
Every Marvel film is the same, they will do nothing new with these ones.
>>
>>68175626
I'm more interested in Strange than Civil War. I know Civil War will be a big spectacle with forced drama that will eventually be resolved so they can all fight Thanos in Infinity Wars. Strange on the other hand is going to be something beautiful.
>>
File: Majutsu no jutsu.jpg (74 KB, 620x825) Image search: [Google]
Majutsu no jutsu.jpg
74 KB, 620x825
>>68177639
>Every Marvel film is the same
But how?
>>
>>68175626
Civil War, no. Doctor Strange, maybe.
>>
who the fuck is dr strange? what can he do? why is he getting a movie? and why did they cast literally the weirdest ugliest looking actor ever to play him?
>>
>>68175626
What can Dr Strange do? I don't know shit about him. Is he what he looks like, a warlock?
>>
>>68178698
>>68178772
Doctor Strange is a magical guardian who protects the world from magical catastrophes and invaders from beyond the realms of science. He's getting a movie because he's based as fuck.
>>
Does Doctor compare with Harry Potter level of magic? Or he can just fly, and shit, throw red balls of energy at enemies, read minds when there is no interference, and nothing else?
>>
>>68175626
NO
MORE
FUCKING
SUPERHERO
MOVIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68178869
>Harry Potter level of magic
What does that mean? The Harry Potter universe was always weak as fuck when it came to magic.
>>
>>68175626
why doesnt spiderman help fight fisk and the punisher?
>>
>>68178869
Apart from flight and shooting energy balls, he can manipulate time, move between dimensions, hypnotize people, create illusions, shit like that.
>>
>>68178926
well, Harry Potter universe can sometimes be creative about bagic, like with creating armies of walking armour, talking pictures, flying letters etc.

If Doctor can only throw big red MAGIC balls out of his hands and fly short distances he will be boring. There should be lot more mages in the world, who use magic creatively and create wonders.
>>
>>68178772
He's a Sorcerer. And he's supposed to look like Vincent Price
>>
>>68178869
Lol Doctor Strange is on a whole other level than Harry Pothead. Not even Dumbledorf would have the slightest chance to defeat Strange.
>>
>>68179164
Vincent Price already was in capeshit though.
>>
>>68179195
How so? Dumbletrump is OP
>>
>>68179208
U wot?
>>
>>68179237
OP for the Potter world, where magic is seriously weak.
>>
>>68179252
>he hasn't seen 60's Batman
Vincent Price played a villain called Egghead.
>>
>>68179237
Does Dumblederp fight demon overlords from other dimensions? No? Didn't think so.
>>
>>68179299
Right, I was thinking about modern capeshit
>>
buncha underage fags on this board
>>
>Marvel movie
>fresh air
>>
>>68179237

Strange has been known to destroy buildings, small landmasses, planets, and even stars with his magic. He's tasked with defending the entire universe against threats from beyond, not just the Earth, and as a result he has powers to match that responsibility.
>>
By the Hoary hosts of Hoggoth!
>>
>>68178869
>Does Doctor compare with Harry Potter level of magic?
He can repair Mjolnir after Bor (grandfather of Thor, father of Odin, motherfucker of motherfuckers) destroyed it.
>>
>>68178698
>Why is he getting a movie?

Because Marvel has their shit together and can put whatever character they want on screen and not fail miserably
>>
>>68177901
Didn't like the idea of him playing Dr. Strange, but he looks bretty good desu family
>>
ant-man and guardians of the galaxy are easily the greatest "breathes of fresh air", but even then, it's not like they're great.

regardless, this whole idea of merging every story into one (The Avengers) is awful, and the two of them are easily the worst in the entire series. i can't see Civil War being any better.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.