[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steven Soderbergh Says He's About To Pitch Next Two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: the_knick.jpg (294 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
the_knick.jpg
294 KB, 1296x730
>Steven Soderbergh Says He's About To Pitch Next Two “Extreme” Seasons Of ‘The Knick,’ Wants To Direct Again

>“It was always conceived in two-year chunks,” he elaborated earlier this year. “The writers met yesterday to talk about what year three and four would look like — when would it take place, who are the characters...And that’s what we’re doing now.”

>Well, it looks like a concept has been found, and Soderbergh, if all goes according to plan, is itching to get back in the operating theater. Speaking with Vox, the director revealed how "The Sopranos" writer David Chase influenced his approach to television, and explained where things are at with the next two seasons.

>"One of the things that David Chase did that I’m happy about is that he destroyed this whole idea of the show has to come on every year, in this month, on this date, and have this many episodes. He just ignored all that and was like, 'We’ll be ready when we’re ready.' That sort of dogmatic attitude about what a series is has gone away," Soderbergh said. "We always envisioned 'The Knick' in two-year increments and with the idea of annihilating what came before every two years. The network was excited about that and said that sounds cool. I just met with [writers Jack Amiel and Michael Begler] yesterday. We’re building our idea of what three and four might look like, to get ready to present [to the network]. It’s pretty extreme, but I think it should be."

>"If we can achieve what I’m hoping, story-wise, then I’d like to keep going. What I hope will happen is that we will figure something out that I’ll feel like I have to do this," he added. It was that have to do it feeling that spurred Soderbergh to tackle the series in the first place, so here's hoping he gets that spark again.

KnickToons are coming back baby
>>
>>
Just focus the show around Barrow, if Owen isn't coming back.
>>
>>68176945
He's the worst part of the show.
>>
>>68177342
Are you kidding? He's the best actor on the cast who is likely to return.
>>
>>68177794
he's god tier, but anon, he killed himself
>>
>>68177342
The character is a shit human but he's an interesting character.
>>
File: Not Clive Owen.png (192 KB, 464x450) Image search: [Google]
Not Clive Owen.png
192 KB, 464x450
>>68179440
Were we talking about Clive because I thought you were trash talking King Hermie
>>
>>68180147
Herman is such an unrepentant piece of shit
>>
File: 1448127192625.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448127192625.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>68180863
And I loved every second of it but I'd be happy to see him play a more upstanding character in season 3. I really think he's the only one with the chops to play the main character. I guess there's no guarantee that they'll stick with the idea of bringing back the cast but I hope they do.
>>
>>68180147
that scene where he tells his wife to pack her shit and be out by Friday was fucking great
>>
This is the best television news in years. Now let's let this thread die before we get more idiots talking shit about Barrow and the boogeyman seekers show up.
>>
>>68175030
HOLY SHIT
GOD IS REAL
MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED
PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME
>>
>>68181318
You won't even be able to have threads soon with all the capeshit and star wars filling up the board.
>>
>>68183031
>forget I had filter common star wars words
>check filter list randomly one day
>star wars x 11

I didn't realize it had gotten so bad
>>
>>68175030
I'm just too big a pussy to watch this. Tried the first episode, fucker puts needles in his foot to hide his heroin addiction and then the fucking surgery bullshit.

Just fuck my shit up, I'd like to not feel sick from watching tv.
>>
File: 1457665171741.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1457665171741.png
9 KB, 362x358
EVERYONE STOP SCROLLING AND ANSWER THIS:

THACK FUCKING KILLED HIMSELF....

HOW CAN THERE BE MORE SHOW?
>>
>>68184032

Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>68175030

YES.

I thought it was going to take more time for them to sit and discuss what's next, glad they keep working on it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.