[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LotR vs. Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: ctnOCKP.jpg (578 KB, 3528x2744) Image search: [Google]
ctnOCKP.jpg
578 KB, 3528x2744
When will /tv/ admit this?
>>
>>68158364
>missing the point of The Lord of the Rings this hard
>comparing an epic romance to a video game
>>
>>68158364
Here's your (you)
>>
>>68158364
Please stop its just sad at this point.
>>
>>68158364
Fucking shill nobody cares
>>
>>68158364
trying so hard to bait
>>
>>68158364
sageru
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>68158476
>>68158516
>>68158524
>>68158543
>>68158563
>>68158650
None of you can refute any of it which is why you turn to name calling
>>
>>68159064
You just posted this thread a little while ago, stop shill.
>>
>>68158364
misspelling dimensional was a nice touch
>>
>>68159064
Why would anyone bother arguing with a literal /v/ child? Go away and read some Tolkien and then make this thread again
>>
>>68158364
I'm pretty excited for the warcraft movie, but this is obviously a dumb comparison. There are several costs of victory in lotr (some in war), and there are some damn cool characters with depth, including frodo/sam and gollum as well.

They do have a varied landscape. There's mountains, plains, crags, forests, etc.

It is a bit more cliche, but it helped build that cliche, as it was one of the first great fantasy epics of the modern age. Besides, the Legion in WoW is just as generically evil as Sauron. (if you read Silmarillion and Sargeras' origin story, they share some similarities).

Anyway, both are cool. Lotr will probably remain top dog, but I'm still excited for WC and it might be pretty damn good.
>>
File: b0ryspl0d3.jpg (16 KB, 415x292) Image search: [Google]
b0ryspl0d3.jpg
16 KB, 415x292
>>68158364
FOOL
>>
>>68159086
>>68159160
Hahahaha you're proving my point

>>68159253
You do indeed have some valid arguments
>>
>>68158364
I'm on my phone so this is going to be a lot shorter than I want but here it goes.

The LOTRverse isn't just about good and evil at all there are many different aspirations and desires at play in it all. You would know this if you had read any of the simarillion. The good guys don't always win and have lost often in the past with horrible losses as well. It does show the costs of war whilst embracing and romanticizing the grandiose of it all. Everything else you mentioned is completely subjective and not entirely true either.

If you're going to bait and shitpost at the very least make it well developed and not as obvious.
>>
>>68159064

lotr has yielded memes for 15 fucking years
>>
>>68158364
Why is this cheap videogame joint getting shilled so hard?
>>
0/10
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1460418393214.jpg (105 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
1460418393214.jpg
105 KB, 739x742
>>68158364
>Comparing one of the twentieth centuries most important works of literature to a video game companies blatant ripoff of a tabletop game
>any year
>>
>Deep story, no good/evil side
>Good gyus don't win all the time
Make up your mind dude
>>
>>68161117
>>Comparing one of the twentieth centuries most important works of literature to a video game
I just did and the video game won
>>
>>68161580
-3/10, apply yourself
>>
This isn't your average everyday shitposting.
This is, advanced shitposting
>>
>>68161643
>>68161717
Still no refuting
>>
LOTR is a boring story lets hope Warcraft does better.
>>
>>68161823
Have you even read the fucking books. Fuck off pleb
>>
>some people still believe that vidya isn't the superior form of art

good luck on life fellas :^)
>>
The characters in Lotr are a bit one-dimensional, only Boromir feels like a real person.
And the orcs are too evil, they could be portrayed more nuanced considering that they're related to elves.
>>
>>68162348

Really? They are?
>>
File: TheodenKing2.jpg (60 KB, 600x756) Image search: [Google]
TheodenKing2.jpg
60 KB, 600x756
>>68162348
>Theoden
>Denethor
>Faramir
>Frodo and Sam
>Smeagol
>one dimensional
I could go in depth why the other's aren't either but I've got other stuff to do.
>>
>>68162563
They were originally elves that got captured and tortured by Morgoth, and somehow he changed them into a new species.
>>
>>68162348
>I don't understand anything about the premodern mindset
>>
>>68158563
>trying so hard to bait
And succeeded.
>>
>>68158364
You're forgetting that Warcraft is gonna look realer than real life.
>>
>>68161199
>Reading comprehension
He said there were no good/evil sides, not there were no good/evil people. You need to learn to pay attention to the details of spoken language, dude.
>>
>>68162146
You you read the Warcraft books?

Take your own advice or fuck off with that argument.
>>
>>68159064
We don't even need to, it's obvious you don't fucking understand LoTR and read about Warcraft on the wiki for 5 hours .
>>
>>68163061
How would you distinguish between good and evil people if there isn't a good or evil side to being with
>>
>>68163206
You seriously need to ask this? Use your head a little m8, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
>>
>>68158364
Oh my...you're really going for the bait of all baits aren't you? Well done sir, well done.
>>
>>68158364
Is this the same thread again? Didn't we just have this three hours ago?

1/10
>>
>>68162146
This is about the fucking movies and what they conveyed. If you think the books do a better job, woopty-doo, the movies didn't and we're judging movies.

I consider the LotR trilogy the best trilogy of all-time but even I know it had a pretty generic good vs evil story in the grand scheme of things. The little bits of character complexity don't change that. But that doesn't take away from it, that's simply what it was and it was great. People who are trying to deny this are literally getting baited into defending something that doesn't need to be defended.

Warcraft is in fact different in how it tells it's story. The sides are more complex and grey area, with extremists on both sides, as well as a third party influence. It has this over LotR, it's dumb to defend it and comes off as insecure. But having one aspect over something else doesn't mean the whole is better or worse. People will judge when Warcraft is released.
>>
I whole heartedly agree. Even as a book Lotr is pretty boring. Boring characters, mary sues, poorly conceived character conflicts, the only strong female character is a plot device.
>>
>there are lord of the plebs fanboys ITT who actually think those children's books are some sort of complex literature
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>68162735

theoden: deeply burdened king
Denethor: deeply burdened steward
Faramir: deeply burdened prince
Frodo and Sam: deeply burdened bests
Smeagol: Schizophrenic

pretty one dimensional. There's lots of color in there but still one dimensional.
>>
>>68159578
So has warcraft
>>
>>68159578
And Warcraft hasn't? WC3 is a near 15 year old game.w
>>
File: Boromir's_body_on_boat_-_FOTR.png (436 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
Boromir's_body_on_boat_-_FOTR.png
436 KB, 1280x528
>>68159064
>good guys win with no major losses

You're kidding right

Basically the entire trilogy everybody is getting their shit rekt, villages are getting burned, cities overcome.

You remember the scene in Osgiliath where the entire city is overcome by orcs and fell beasts?

Of course you don't because you're a troll.
>>
>>68164775
I'm more disgusted by /v/ leaking again
>>
>>68158364
Delete this thread at once
>>
>>68158364
I agree tbqh familia senpai.
>>
>>68158364
>cliche good vs evil story
yeah, but that's not something bad in itself
>good guys win with no major losses
this is kinda true, after having watched shit like GoT it kinda feels a bit boring that basically just Boromir dies and everyone else gets a happy end
>simple, uninteresting characters
yeah no, most of them have quite deep and complex character arcs.
>warriors archers mages
>vs some clusterfuck
meh
>boring landscape
tall mountains, huge underground mines, hilly planes, dense forest, swamp... seems diverse enough to me.
>no aliens
ohshitniggawhatyoudoin.tiff
>scrawny weak orcs
that one orc cuts another orcs head off and they all eat the dead orc. seems pretty badass to me.
>boring monster
balrog, cave troll, ringwraiths, monster spider
>boring gray aesthetic
gtfo it looks good af
>>
>>68165011
he's got a point tho, apart from boromir no main character dies.
>>
>>68158364

Is this the new shitposting meme since BvS tanked and everyone loved TFA?
>>
>>68158364
This was either written by an 11 year old or was manufactured bait. Either way, it's a troll and you guys are retarded
>>
Hey, I'm one of the few here who thinks the warcraft movie might be great, but this is bait. Too obvious.
>>
>>68165486
Theoden
>>
You haven't even seen Warcraft you retard
>>
I think LOTR serves as the foundation for all modern fantasy including a large chunk of Warcraft lore.
>>
Why can't you love both?

Though you're an idiot if you think warcraft holds a candle to lotr. I love both stories but they aren't comparable.
>>
>>68166927
Fuck yourself, I bet you've never picked up a Warcraft book.
>>
>>68166200
The student becomes the master.
>>
>>68167008
>I bet you've never picked up a Warcraft book.

Thank God
>>
>>68166200
It goes like this

>European folklore
>LotR
>Warhammer
>Warcraft

It's exponentially getting more autistic.
>>
>>68158364
Who the fuck care about 3 dimention so Orcs, what strange autism is this?

It's like wanting an Alien movie that's NOT ALL XENOS bullshit
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.