[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Capekino.png (1008 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Capekino.png
1008 KB, 1000x1000
Today is the first day of shooting.

>Directed by Zack Snyder.

>Written by Chris Terrio.

>Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman
>Henry Cavill as Clark Kent / Superman
>Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
>Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman
>Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / Flash
>Ray Fisher as Victor Stone / Cyborg
>Amy Adams as Lois Lane
>J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon
>Amber Heard as Mera

>Cinematography by Fabian Wagner

>Score by Junkie XL

>Plot centers on Batman recruiting Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg to defend Earth from Darkseid while Superman returns to life.
>>
>>68155875
Wait... Superman's alive?!
>>
File: 15.jpg (117 KB, 894x1000) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
117 KB, 894x1000
>>68155875
>>
>>68155902

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
>>
God why the fuck is DC doing everything in a stupid order.

>Superman movie
>Essentially a Justice League movie that kills off Superman
>Random C-lister movie
>Justice League 1
>Justice League 2
>Batman
>>
>>68155983
>>Random C-lister movie

Neither Flash nor Wonder Woman are C-listers.
>>
>>68155875
bann
>>
>>68156015
The Flash might be.
>>
>>68155983
Because DC is a special snowflake
>>
>>68156015
Suzie Squa bruh
>>
>>68156050
Get the fuck out
>>
no wonder twins? no thanks
>>
File: 1459205326151.jpg (71 KB, 984x671) Image search: [Google]
1459205326151.jpg
71 KB, 984x671
>Flash vs broken doors hype
>>
guess the RT score. And how badly will it flop?
>>
Any Twitter updates?
>>
>>68155875
Dopped
>>
File: 1459884128649.jpg (63 KB, 639x942) Image search: [Google]
1459884128649.jpg
63 KB, 639x942
Who cares? No one is invested in these characters. There's no emotional stakes, no connection.

Warner Bros. hasn't earned the right to make a team up movie. You have to introduce these heroes to the audience first in order to strike a sensitive chord. Solo films would have benefitted nicely. You can't rush greatness. This is why Justice League will suffer the same fate as Dawn of Justice.
>>
>>68156119

oh right
>>
>>68155875
I like that they didn't pretend for the rest of BvS that supes would stay dead.
You just sat through 2 twenty minute funeral scenes? Fuck you he's alive.
>>
>>68156169
17%
>>
>>68156223

Yeah wow, 2 whole minutes
>>
>>68156209

Explain the X-Men movies.
>>
>>68156169
8%, it loses so much money WB gives DC to Marvel.
>>
>>68156209
I disagree, I'm much more invested in them than the competitors characters.

Even the x-men movies that I love I don't really like most of the characters
>>
File: 1452457432310.jpg (97 KB, 523x521) Image search: [Google]
1452457432310.jpg
97 KB, 523x521
>>68156270
>X-Men the same kind of team as the Justice League or Avengers
>>
>>68156209
A lot of people would disagree.
God, I love the asspain that the DCEU generates.
>>
>>68156270
Shitty argument to try to make. The X-Men are one entity.
>>
>>68156382
Most of it comes from its fans.
>>
>>68156015

I thought he was referring to 'Suicide Squad' as a "Random C-lister movie"? In either case, it isn't.
>>
>>68155983
Because they're trying to catch up to Marvel as quickly as possible, without being patient like Marvel was.
>>
File: DAMN.jpg (214 KB, 1487x704) Image search: [Google]
DAMN.jpg
214 KB, 1487x704
>>68156352
>>68156387

They're teams, aren't they? Warner Brothers is following a team-movie set up.

BvS with 3 heroes, Suicide Squad with several villains, Justice League Part 1 with several heroes, Green Lantern Corps with several Lanterns and so on.

Actually, i'd say that Warner Brothers is following the Star Wars model.
You've the big movies that are all about teams of heroes or villains and they you have the small budget movies showcasing a new character.

But i guess that when Disney does it there's no problem.
>>
>>68156489

But they're following the Star Wars model as >>68156491 pointed out.
>>
>>68156438
You're right Suicide Squad is D-List
>>
>>68155983
>implying Suicide Squad won't be better than Wonder Woman
>>
>>68156491
I think they're using the the Amazing Spider-Man model. One stand alone ok movie, followed by a shitty movie that tries and fails to set up a cinematic universe.
>>
DCucks are people full of hope, i'll give you that
>>
>>68156491
I don't see the similarities desu senpai
Typical DC victim mentality
>>
>>68156527

Suicide Squad is about of A-list and D-list villains together. That's the beauty of it. That way the casual readers buy the book for Harley Quinn or whatnot while also getting to know characters like Captain Boomerang, which prompts them to start buying the Flash comic if they didn't before.
>>
>>68155938

THANK YOU BASED SNYDER ;_;

>>68156209

>no emotional stakes
bet you can't even find more than 10 subtle references / meanings from BvS pleb. Stick to your mahvel capeshits that's more to your level
>>
>>68156885
>bet you can't even find more than 10 subtle references / meanings from BvS pleb.
He's probably thinking to himself "D-d-do quips count as meanings?"
>>
>>68156223
Superman gets his powers from the sun. I'm surprised they didn't just lay him down on the beach so he could regenerate. As long as no Kryptonite is on him he should live. Plus even Wonder Woman is immortal so.
>>
>>68156640

Star Wars is doing the big "episode" movies while spacing them out with smaller "character" movies.

DC seems to be following the same route, but i could be wrong.
>>
File: 1459142247979.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459142247979.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>68156885
>>68157132
>BvS is deep, meaningful and intelligent
Kek
>>
Why is /tv/ so pro Marvel Studios? I don't get it.

When it comes to Marvel Studios' movies, everything is great, everything is hype, everything is awesome.

But whenever a poster appears talking about DC or Snyder being good or looking nice, and here Justice League in production, he's called a shill and there's a tsunami of shitposting.

I just don't get it.
>>
File: 1460421138211.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
1460421138211.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>68157260
BvS is only as meaningful as your own autistic interpretation.
>>
>>68156885
>subtle
lol

You are referring to Snyder's capeshit, where at least once per act someone floats in the air in the shape of a crucifix, or where Lex Luthor outright states the problem of evil in a huffy monologue like an edgy philosophy 101 professor, or where Superman can't stop reminding the audience in Man of Steel that he's 33 because IT'S A CHRIST ALLEGORY GET IT GET IT?!?
>>
>>68157138
You are wrong.
>>
>>68157263
>Why is /tv/ so pro Marvel Studios? I don't get it.

you live in a parallel universe, so I assume you do get it, because of the backwards ass way your world works compared to ours.

Idiot. it's not a compliment
>>
>>68157263
Because the DCEU is shit. It's one thing to be a fan of DC, it's another thing be such a company fanboy with your head up your ass you think BvS is good and you're excited for more DCEU.
>>
>>68157263
DC movies so far have been pretty bad.
>>
File: Marvel Cucks.jpg (80 KB, 710x634) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Cucks.jpg
80 KB, 710x634
>>68157260
I-It was s-supposed to be OURS!! Whedon was supposed to give US capekino! How dare this "Snyder" get there f-first!!!
>>
>>68157366
But marvel movies are objectively worse and have a way more fucked up and harmful formula for the industry
>>
>>68157260
>MOM I DID IT. I POSTED THE CHRIS EVANS MAYMAY AGAIN. WHY AM I SO EDGY.
>>
>>68157398
>But marvel movies are objectively worse and have a way more fucked up and harmful formula for the industry

'no'. Only you believe that.
>>
>>68155875
>No Green Lantern
>No Martian Manhunter
>But fucking Cyborg makes the cut
Why do they keep trying to push Cyborg anyway? It's not even a question of diversity since in the movie Aquaman is Hawaiian, and they have a black Green Lantern if they wanted to use him.
>>
>>68157434
What the fuck, are you insane?
>>
>>68157355
>>68157366
>>68157373

>BvS is bad
>Man of Steel is bad

I rest my case. You people have been conditioned to like the repetitive drivel that Marvel and Disney creates in that anyone or anything that creates outside of these popcorn flicks are considered bad. Snyder came in with a vision hoping tha tthe plebs would view comic book heroes something more than explosions and quips and gave us a deep emotional connection and spiritual connection with them. Snyder was just way ahead of his time, its sad that a director of this calibre is not hailed as the Kubrick of our generation.

You marvel ccks sicken me.
>>
>>68157263
>a tsunami of shitposting

The only shitposting in this thread is by people who liked BvS and feel the need to justify it hard by overstating its philosophical weight because they're buttdevastated over its hilariously low critical ratings.

The movie was pretty fun. Way too long, and kinda too much of a commercial for whatever future properties they're developing, but I don't think it's going to give viewers rectal cancer like most reviewers thought. But the overcompensatory circle-jerking over BvS scratching the surface of philosophy for dummies is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>68157538
this tbqh
>>
>>68155875
Plot revolves around aquaman you fool
>>
>>68156209
Fuck solo movies.
>>
>>68157366
Kino isn't for everyone
>>
>>68155875
>JK Simmons plays Commisoner Gordon
>not Jonathan Banks
>>
>>68157783
>>68157538
>It's good because I say it is also I namedropped Kubrick that's gotta be good for something please just let me smell your bedsheets mister Snyder

lol yeah but MarvelDrones, amirite?
>>
>>68156209
>no emotional stakes
Is this a le joke? both BvS and MoS were emotionally driven kinos
Even the critics admited to this
>>
File: heerhhhh.jpg (26 KB, 524x393) Image search: [Google]
heerhhhh.jpg
26 KB, 524x393
Why did they turn Batman into a common thug? Just look at his face.
>>
>>68157538
>I think garbage movies that are objectively bad are good
>Everyone else is wrong lol marveldrones wake up sheeple
>>
>>68157879
>both BvS and MoS were emotionally driven kinos Even the critics admited to this

the following is what the results are if one googles "batman vs superman reviews" (I've even left the ones that weren't really hard on the movie, just to be sporting):

An improvement over Man of Steel, and a much better Batman movie than it is a Superman film. The highlights far outweigh the issues, and DC now has a base on which it can build its empire. Sean O'Connell·Cinemablend

Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill clash in a bid to launch a new superhero franchise, but Zack Snyder’s shoddy adventure never gets off the ground. Mark Kermode·The Guardian

Batman V Superman is DC's Iron Man 2 - an okay movie that prioritizes shared universe setup over developing a coherent story and layered characters. Ben Kendrick·Screen Rant

This movie is less a free-standing film than the opening argument in a very long trial. A. O. Scott·New York Times

That this very long, very brooding, often exhilarating and sometimes scattered epic succeeds as often it does therefore has to be seen as an achievement. Andrew Barker·Variety

There are moments that make the whole enterprise worthwhile, and introduces an intriguing new Batman. But it’s also cluttered and narratively wonky; a few jokes wouldn’t have gone amiss, either. Nick de Semlyen·Empire

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” begins and ends with a funeral, which is fitting for a movie that plays like one long dirge. Ann Hornaday·Washington Post

In the end, Batman v Superman is a tiresome, ill-tempered film, and one too lazy even to earn its dismal outlook. Christopher Orr·The Atlantic

Batman v Superman lunges for greatness instead of building toward it: It's so topheavy with false portent that it buckles under its own weight. Stephanie Zacharek·Time

>Batman V Superman is DC's Iron Man 2
lel ouch
>>
>>68157409
>Evans posting
>Edgy
Are DCfriends so broken they have no joy in their lives?
>>
>>68158020
Looks right to me.
>>
>>68155902
>Score by Junkie XL
Is this 2003?
>>
>>68157451
They're afraid to have green lantern in the spotlight after the last movie bombed, that's why every character besides shazam is getting a solo movie before him. Snyder and goyer said that manhunter isn't marketable enough except to no life virgins.

Cyborg is a safe push cause it's new, well known cause teen titans, and is black to push the diversity. I like cyborg myself but I would much rather have martian manhunter.
>>
Unlike Marvel and Disney, who repackages the same generic popcorn quip flick into a new movie every 8-10 months while stopping only to change the actors and dialogue to keep up with the newest reddit and 4Chan memes, DC's films are visually and tonally distinct to elevate the superhero genre from mediocre blockbuster garbage to artistic tales weaving themes of morality and sacrifice into monumental and dynamic epics on screen while also questioning the very essence of what society deems a 'hero'.

The difference is honestly night and day; during a Marvel movie the viewer is more likely to gobble down popcorn while during a DC film the viewer will likely take out a pen and paper and start taking notes.

Critics except for a few deemed the movie bad, while the few that understood its meaning hailed it. I do not except /tv/ or mahvel general board to get this but don't even fucking try to deny it. You're just insulting our intelligence
>>
>>68158228
Look at the mouth, and the way he breathes out in that "HHUUAHHHHH" kind of way.

The costume is fine. Top notch. Best we've had in a Batman movie.

I just think that, at times, Batfleck played the part as if the character was a thug.
>>
I work in the set. AMA
>>
I feel so bad for all of them
>>
>>68157133
Wonder Woman is technically ageless, not immortal, and while she has enhanced healing factor she wouldn't resurrect like Superman just because of the regeneration factor
>>
>>68158177
>not being able to form your own opinions
>having to rely on critics
>gish gallop fallacy
wewlad
>>
THIS IS IT. THE CAPE KINO WE DESERVE.
>>
>>68158337
He's playing All-Star Batman & Robin's Bruce
As in a complete lunatic retard
>>
>>68158353
Proof?
>>
>>68158307
This guy gets it.
>>
>>68158576
I'm not relying on critics for anything, the poster to whom I was responding was claiming that "even the critics" called BvS and MoS "emotionally driven kinos." Even if he was paraphrasing, he was incorrect.

The whole RT rating being hilariously low is pretty funny and all, but it doesn't take 1,000 reviews to figure out how weak of a film BvS is, even in the realm of comic book adaptations.
>>
>no Lex
>removing the only entertaining part of the previous movie
Why?
>>
>>68157260
dumb evans poster
>>
>>68157263
The Marvel movies are not high art, but they are mostly entertaining. Avengers 2 was instantly forgettable, but it wasn't trying very hard either. You don't come out of the movies hating them.

The DC movies are aggressively unpleasant and pitch everything you like about the characters into the garbage, only so internet defenders can tell you that you didn't get the "deep significance" of the utterly butt obvious adolescent-level symbolism.

If a Marvel movie is mediocre, it's easy to shrug and hope the next one is better. The DC movies are just dreary pretentious horseshit designed to make you feel bad and pretend that superheroes are important literary figures.

People dressing in spandex and punching each other in the face is not Proust, and that's fucking fine, because people don't read comics for that kind of experience, nor do children and man-children love superheroes for that reason. If regular people want to see art, they don't go to superhero movie, they see a real movie with real adults with proper adult themes and issues.

Ant-Man is fun and you can take a civilian to it and they'll enjoy it. It's free of pretension. Man of Steel is rubbish pretending to be something it's not. It's quite insulting to anyone of at least average intelligence who has to sit through the equivalent of an emo high school kid telling you that you can't possibly understand his problems because he's so deeply dark and darkly deep.
>>
>>68158927
>and you can take a civilian to it and they'll enjoy it
>take a civilian to it
>civilian
Nigga what
>>
>>68158927
I would accuse you of never having read a comic but you came off as autistic as fuck so I feel very conflicted right now.
>>
File: 342123.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
342123.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>68158927
>people still defend AoU

Now that's just sad, have some dignity.

>it's pretentious
>it's try-hard
>it fails to convey its message
>doesn't pretend to be something it's not
buzz buzz, that's all I hear
go back to your kiddie threads
>>
>>68155875
>>J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon
Does this mean he won't be appearing as JJJ in the new Spiderman movies?
>>
>>68158738
Of the 9 reviews you quoted, 7 are negative. I can easily match that with 7 positive reviews.

"As potential blockbusters go, Batman v Superman is neither as stupid nor as stupendous as it might have been." St. Louis Post-Dispatch ~ Calvin Wilson

"Batman v Superman lacks the levity (forced or otherwise) of a typical Marvel Universe entry. But Snyder's superpowered epic does have a sense of import and grandeur about it." Philadelphia Inquirer ~ Steven Rea

"When it sings, “Dawn of Justice” is a wonder. When it drags, it still looks good and offers hints of a better scene just around the corner." Chicago Sun-Times ~ Richard Roeper

"Better than Man of Steel but below the high bar set by Nolan's Dark Knight, Dawn of Justice is still a colossus, the stuff that DC Comics dreams are made of for that kid in all of us who yearns to see Batman and Superman suit up and go in for the kill." Rolling Stone ~ Peter Travers

"BvS will please those either waiting for the two main players to lock horns on a movie screen, or those who've just been pining for Wonder Woman forever. And for the nerdier crowds, a fleeting glimpse at other superheroes hints this is the Dawn of something potentially sensational." USA Today ~ Brian Truitt

"The director, a strong technician whose slam-bang emphatic, occasionally operatic style seems made for comic book adaptations, has been well-served by an adept script co-written by Chris Terrio (an Oscar winner for Ben Affleck's "Argo") and David S. Goyer, which raises a number of interesting issues." Los Angeles Times ~ Kenneth Turan

"Snyder has set a Sisyphean task for himself. That this very long, very brooding, often exhilarating and sometimes scattered epic succeeds as often it does therefore has to be seen as an achievement." Variety ~ Andrew Barker
>>
>>68159057
I'm not a lifer, but I've read a lot of comics. I actually prefer DC comics to Marvel in general, although I think Marvel's reboot was much better than DC's. But in general I like DC characters better.

And I like dark, even dark most people hate, like DK2. And some unpleasant stuff like Secret Six. But those things work well in the medium, and are of course designed specifically for nerds (not civilians).
>>
File: 1405720521905.png (41 KB, 386x387) Image search: [Google]
1405720521905.png
41 KB, 386x387
>>68155875
>>Directed by Zack Snyder.

why why

why

WHY
>>
>>68157138
>>68156491

In Star wars, or x-men, or even GotG, all of the characters have the same origin. Every character has their "deal", but everything weird about them is explained by one event: "They're aliens" or "they're mutants". In JL you have the speed force, Atlantis, motherboxes, and even resurrection on Superman's part to deal with. You can't just handwave these things away, they need to be addressed.

Its not about the number of characters, its about the number of plot points that their presence brings up.
>>
File: 1456273529960.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1456273529960.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>68155875
>a Zack Snyder joint

No Thanks
>>
>>68159263
>positive reviews
>the movie is not as disastrous as it could have been

lmao
>>
>>68159263
okay, fair enough.

If you read my original post, I did exactly what I said I was doing: I literally typed into google "batman vs superman reviews." I wasn't cherrypicking bad reviews. Those are the ones that came up after I hit enter. There's at least one entirely positive one in the ones I posted.

I'm not on an anti-BvS campaign. I'm not on an anti-DC campaign. I'm just pointing out the irony in posts like these >>68157263
when the average posts in threads like these read like a cult Zack Snyder started.

Y'know, kinda like this guy: >>68157538
>>
>>68159161
>people still defend AoU

How is calling it "instantly forgettable" defending it? Marvel has made some bad movies (see: Thor), but they aren't hateful. A Marvel movie can be a waste of time, but then it falls right out of your head.

These DC movies make me wish I'd done something more fun with my time, like clean the gutters.
>>
>>68159443
oh look a reasonable post, cue 17 rabid replies from Zack Snyder's secretaries behind 7 proxies.
>>
No captain Marvel?
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
Its really ironic when you consider it's a fucking superhero movie and people still can't get Snyder's subtle symbolism and undertones. Can't really blame Nolan trying to dumb down everything to you simpletons.

Snyder did the impossible. He made a superhero movie that was too smart for the masses.

What have you done Snyder? What have you done?
>>
>>68159389
Read the full reviews.
>>
>>68159419
>read like a cult Zack Snyder started.
Tbf, that's because this board is becoming a Marvel cult. When we're being persecuted with evansposting and rotten tomatoes screenshots, we must fight back in kind with memes. You know the old adage: "Fight shitposts with shitposts."
>>
>>68159552
>Can't really blame Nolan trying to dumb down everything to you simpletons.
And now you've even alienated us DC fans.
>>
>>68159443
>instantly forgettable
Because that's every Marvel movie, aside from Winter Soldier.
>>
>>68159552
S U B T L E S Y M B O L I S M
>>
>>68159616
>we're being persecuted with evansposting and rotten tomatoes screenshots
>persecuted

The shit movie you like got hammered like the shit movie it is when critics and audiences alike found it to be even more of a vapid drivelfest than your average comic book movie, which is quite a feat by comparison.

You are certainly entitled to like your shit movie, but do not call it persecution when everybody who's not a sub-90 IQ moutbreather disagrees with you.
>>
>>68159443
>>68159161
AoU is still much better than BvS. 4/5 of AoU is pure kino. Those group fight scenes, where we see a finely tuned avengers team fight, are legit GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41LRh63ve0&nohtml5=False

Then there is the Iron-Man, Thor, Vision scene...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x533
>>68159854
>>
>>68159552
> Can't really blame Nolan trying to dumb down everything to you simpletons.

Sure I can. Having Joker explicitly state his place in the Batman mythos, which frankly is totally undeserved in the context of the film since he'd been around for like a week, is Shitty Filmmaking 101.

You don't have a character call himself a Christ figure. At worst, be inelegant and give him the initials JC, which is cheap but doesn't interrupt the story.

Don't say it out loud, just show us. We'll either get it or we're not the kind of viewer who would care anyway.
>>
>>68155875
Dis gon be real good :^)

To see WW again, the Flash alongside Affleck
>>
>>68155875
>Bryan Cranston as Darkseid
>>
>>68155938
BASED SNYDER
>>
>No Hal

What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>68157808
This is how the batman died
>>
>>68159854
god that opening scene is shit
>>
>>68156169
09%. Not even trolling. I liked BvS, but critics will destroy it. There is an axe to grind here, and that is an incontrovertible truth.
>>
>>68159892
what ps3 game is this?
>>
>>68155875
When will the on set images leak :D
>>
>>68159892
Why he look like a 2006 360 game.
>>
>>68159897

The point of BvS is that Superman isn't Jesus Christ, God or the Devil.
>>
File: 1459181135286.jpg (49 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
1459181135286.jpg
49 KB, 450x640
>>68159973
The only man who was able to make BvS not only an action film but a political drama, horror, crime thriller
>>
>>68159854
something about seeing the Avengers curbstomp a Hydra base makes me moist
>>
>>68155875
Good luck, hopefully it will be a great addition to the Snyderverse
>>
>>68160103
>Superman isn't Jesus Christ

someone needs to learn to read into subtext
>>
File: image.png (135 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135 KB, 483x442
>directed by Zack Snyder
>>
File: 1459831357376.jpg (40 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
1459831357376.jpg
40 KB, 188x252
>>68160054
What's the matter? Not enough grim dark and depression for you DCuck? You think it would have been better is they all cried mommy and daddy? Maybe a random 20 minute half-ass over pretentious commentary on social issues? Random Christ symbolism?

MUHHH MARTHA TONY! MUUU MARTHA!
BLACK WINDOW IS REALLY THE VIRGIN MARY!

It's a comic book movie for fuck sake
>>
>>68156337
This, Batfleck is great shit, I want to see him mow down some more people
>>
>>68156209
>no one likes these characters
FUCK YOU! Aquaman, The Flash, WW are all great characters and I cannot wait to see the new Flash actor in action!

Am so happy they didnt cast that white boy jock from the tv series
>>
>>68160065
The Best one
>>
>>68155875
Yeah, of course they're going to carry on like business as usual. For now anyway. If they admit defeat and cancel Justice League it will be suicide for BvS's remaining weeks in theaters.

My prediction
>Snyder will leave due to 'creative differences' as soon as BvS is on DVD
>JLA gets put on hold indefinitely
>Suicide Squad is released to a 75%, with critics cheering 'hooray for fun'
>Part of those reshoots will involve retconning those awful tattoos from Joker's face
>Wonder Woman will be re-color graded to be more bright and war
>Batfleck will be fast tracked
>We will see a very Batman-centric restructuring of the DCEU
That or they'll just cancel the whole thing. Either way, Justice League won't be happening any time soon.
>>
>>68159854
> AoU is still much better than BvS. 4/5 of AoU is pure kino. Those group fight scenes, where we see a finely tuned avengers team fight, are legit GOAT.

Fair point. That scene at the beginning of Avengers 2 is probably the best thing in it. Nerd porn, the kind of thing we always saw in our heads when we imagined comic book movie possibilities. Pure joy.

I remember being skeptical, but going to see Cap 1 anyway because I like the character, and at a certain point really rooting for the guy on the screen. I was thinking "Go, Cap, go!".

I can't remember having that kind of emotional reaction to a DC hero.

That said, non-Loki, non-Nazi Marvel villains have been pretty weak. WTF did Ultron want anyway? Can't even remember.
>>
>>68160296
I tried watching that Flash TV show because I continually hear good things from friends... Holy fuck. It is un-fucking-watchable. I don't know anything about Ezra Miller other than oreo-stache, but wew lad, there's no way it can turn out worse than TV Flash.
>>
>>68158020
Because that is what makes the Snyder movies so different and special: Superman and Batman are not heroes but vigilantes.

Hence why Batman could relate to Superman when he said Martha as Batman realized he was becoming the guy who murdered his parents by murdering someone else's son.
>>
>>68160240
Not the guy you responded to, but I generally liked AoU and thought the opening scene was kind of a mess.

The long-take is just plain bad and pretty incomprehensible (although it is a nice thematic nod to the first movie) and that "language" line really is as bad as people say. Even Chris Evans doesn't seem to like it
>>
File: images (65).jpg (25 KB, 531x277) Image search: [Google]
images (65).jpg
25 KB, 531x277
>>68160378
Dont worry Ezra Miller will be a brilliant flash! Just by looking at him you can see he has way more chemistry
>>
>>68156209
Dear Lord Snyder, thank you for causing massive butt hurt in this poster. Please continue making absolute 10/10 kinomatography,
Amen
Amen
>>
>>68160190

I did. The imagery is there to fool you into thinking like the people that deify Superman in the movie.
>>
>>68160308
They're just gonna give Snyder less creative freedom. BvS didn't do bad enough that they're gonna open them up to the nightmare of changing directors mid production.
>>
>>68160308
>Part of those reshoots will involve retconning those awful tattoos from Joker's face

1) That isn't going to happen
2) That wouldn't even require reshooting, just CGI
>>
>>68160519
I think Snyder made Superman to want to be like Christ but he is too troubled with problems. Hence why he takes his time to go to that church in MoS
>>
>>68160348
Agreed...

But the thing is, I'm not going to MCU movies to see the villain. I'm going to see the heros, most of who had been developed for almost a decade now. Most people really don't care which Nazi's they are fighting. It's just the classic villain of the week format, and it works well enough for these movies.
>>
>>68160393
I wouldn't say they aren't heroes. The difference is that they aren't perfect. Marvel's view on heroes is very saturday morning cartoon show, and that's fine for what it is, but BvS tried (whether we agree or not it succeeded is up to the individual) to do something a little more complex than that. Part of the world views Superman the way Marvel views Captain America. The other half, which includes Batman, sees him as a monster. Clark sees himself as a person. One of the overall themes in the movie was people's perceptions and how they can change.
>>
>>68160455
Do me a favor, go look up the word chemistry. You are using it wrong.
>>
>>68158307
I don't want to sound as cocky as this guy, but I agree with him mostly.

Disney literally shit out A New Hope 2.0 and people ate that shit up and actually appreciated it.

If you don't like BvS or Man of Steel, you can stick with movies you like, you don't have to support the failure of one film over another. I'm glad we can get something original.
>>
>>68160240
>those tears
>>
File: Enchantress.png (431 KB, 1050x579) Image search: [Google]
Enchantress.png
431 KB, 1050x579
>>68160585

In my humble opinion Superman is only compared to Christ through imagery when he's interacting with other people. So you're basically seeing him how people see him.

For example when Batman was going to kill Superman he didn't see Superman as Christ dying with his open arms and shit. No, he see him as his father when he died uttering Martha with his last breath.

Another example is when he's with Lois or his mom Martha. He never looks like Christ when he's interacting with them.

But i could be wrong. though.
>>
>>68155875
wait why is aqua man black with dreads?
>>
File: images (26).jpg (19 KB, 435x338) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
19 KB, 435x338
>>68160711
>>
>>68160500
>continue

He needs to start.
>>
>>68160378
> I tried watching that Flash TV show because I continually hear good things from friends... Holy fuck. It is un-fucking-watchable.

It might not be worse than Arrow. I gave up on both, but I stuck with Arrow for a while before I couldn't take it any more.

If you're one of the mutants who's a Green Arrow fan...what's to like? He's politically liberal. He's a lovable philanderer. He doesn't have all the Bat-baggage. He doesn't brood...well, not like perch-on-a-gargoyle-in-the-dark-of-night style brooding. At least not all the time.

None of that is in the show. I suppose I should have known that from the fact that they didn't name the show "Green Arrow", but they called him Oliver Queen, so I thought I'd stick around.

But it turns out he's just unpleasant and hangs out with a bunch of really annoying people and there's no one to root for. It doesn't dick around with the ridiculous movie symbolism, but it also doesn't give you a compelling reason to keep watching.

Flash is lighter, and therefore slightly more tolerable, but again, it's just not...something I want to see any more of.
>>
File: 1460312448346.jpg (55 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1460312448346.jpg
55 KB, 600x593
>>68155875
>Written by Chris Terrio.

JUST
>>
>>68156050
not at all
>>
File: DCEU AQUA.jpg (461 KB, 773x720) Image search: [Google]
DCEU AQUA.jpg
461 KB, 773x720
>>68160827

Because he's going to fuck a white woman in the movie.
>>
File: 1452209755864.png (801 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452209755864.png
801 KB, 1000x1000
>>68160887
>>
>>68158927
>People dressing in spandex and punching each other in the face is not Proust

These films have the potential to be the Greek epics of our time, but you can continue to blab about muh spandex all you want, and guess what?

You will get exactly what you expect if you don't hold filmmakers to a higher standard and continue to pay for the same shit over and over again.
>>
It really pains me how WB is fucking up these adaptations. I grew up on Batman and Superman TAS. Why don't they take notes from them to create a superhero universe?

The intro of Affleck-Batman was amazing. It was exactly what Batman is supposed to be...and then it nose-dives because of some convoluted scheme from Social Network Lex.

Where's the inspiration when we see Superman and realize that he's not a god that looks down on us, but an expression of how he cherishes and values the human race?

The only time this movie even scratched the surface of what the idea behind Superman is that monument they built in the end.

Superman's genetic heritage is alien, but his heart and mind is towards Earth. He's an outsider yet he considers himself part of them. He sees the human race in all its facets; the noble as well as the despicable and he embraces it all whole-heartedly.

>Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

For fuck's sake, the ending of Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a more Superman message when that kid fan stood up to the Rhino. Superman isn't meant to remind us that he's our superior, he's there to inspire us that one day, they won't need him anymore. Humanity can stand on its own merits and rise above it all. In the meantime, he wants to help out.

>Warden: This country is safe again, Superman, thanks to you.
>Superman: No, sir. Don't thank me, Warden. We're all part of the same team. Good night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbVg3vGsDx0
>>
File: 5bf.png (217 KB, 513x546) Image search: [Google]
5bf.png
217 KB, 513x546
>>68160673
>BvS tried to do something a little more complex

How? Making everything grim-dark and edgy doesn't not equal complex! It's like the goth kid in highschool who says he is "so fucking deep" just because he wear black and cries a lot.

The MCU has made Captain America a deeper and more complex charter than Bats or Supes, for fuck sake.

It's time for DCucks to grow up.
>>
>>68160586
>most of who had been developed for almost a decade now.
Have they though? I mean, what is quantifiably different about Tony Stark's character in Age of Ultron than at the end of Iron Man 1? Or Thor, Widow, Cap or Hulk? They set up certain things, like Stark's PTSD, for example, but I feel like Marvel more or less hits a reset button at the end of every movie in terms of character development. The characters are hugely recognizable at this point, and I don't blame audiences for feeling invested in them, but I've always felt like one of the bigger missed opportunities in the MCU is that they don't really do a whole lot in terms of legitimate character development.
>>
File: images (66).jpg (16 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images (66).jpg
16 KB, 511x288
>>68160827
Here is the actor who plays him. He isnt black.
>>
>>68155875
I want it to be good. But Zack Snyder can't edit shit. Hopefully the BvS extended cut will fix the DCU, and then I will start looking forward for their films.
>>
File: 1460256805786.jpg (85 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1460256805786.jpg
85 KB, 508x504
>>68160887
>>
>>68155875
>the guy who made a Batman v Superman movie that ahd almost no interaction between Batman and Superman because "it's too silly if we have them talking in costume for more than 5 lines"
>making a Justice League movie

Top kek
>>
File: Butman.png (58 KB, 256x312) Image search: [Google]
Butman.png
58 KB, 256x312
>>68160954

>It really pains me how WB is fucking up these adaptations. I grew up on Batman and Superman TAS. Why don't they take notes from them to create a superhero universe?

You want a double-crossing autistic Batman that cucked Robin by fucking Batgirl?
You want a angry and petulant Superman that got BTFO by a 10 year old?

Because that's what happened in the cartoons that you love so much.

>Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Oh, look! More Christian bullshit!
>>
>>68161065
Dw the extended cut will make it Shawshank Redemption quality
>>
>>68160987
He has the most awful eyebrows. I just can't see him as attractive because of it.
>>
>>68158927
>Ant-Man is fun and you can take a civilian to it and they'll enjoy it. It's free of pretension. Man of Steel is rubbish pretending to be something it's not. It's quite insulting to anyone of at least average intelligence who has to sit through the equivalent of an emo high school kid telling you that you can't possibly understand his problems because he's so deeply dark and darkly deep.

This
>>
>>68160955

>The MCU has made Captain America a deeper and more complex charter than Bats or Supes, for fuck sake.

What's Cap character other than MUH PEGGY/MUH BUCKY?
>>
>>68160955
>How? Making everything grim-dark and edgy doesn't not equal complex!
That isn't what I said and you fucking know it. I said they did not paint them as unilaterally heroic. Go back and read the damn post.

>The MCU has made Captain America a deeper and more complex charter than Bats or Supes, for fuck sake.
Care to elaborate?
>>
File: 1436119622597.jpg (70 KB, 630x519) Image search: [Google]
1436119622597.jpg
70 KB, 630x519
>>68160887
Rumors are that Snyder is also writting the script with Terrio
>>
>>68161147
Nothing. Marvel has shitty character development because they need quips instead of actual dialogues.
>>
>>68161119
Oh please. I'm agnostic and those lines from Jor-El are far from Christianity. Jesus and all that jazz is to remind how selfish and weak humanity is if you actually read the Bible. Jor-El wanted his son to harness the potential of the human race.

Second, the Timm-Dini animated universe was far from perfect, but it developed Batman and Superman mythos for 90's kids and paved the way for a wider universe so that the Justice League cartoon could happen.
>>
>>68160519
Then why is there calvary imagery in his death scene when the only people in the movie watching it is Lois, Batman and Wonder Woman, and not the world?

Don't even try to defend Zack, his idea of symbolism is as simple as putting easter eggs everywhere because it's 'cool'
>>
>>68161147
He's a little guy that became a big guy and always does what's right. That's it. Literally, that. Is. It. He is a flat character in every capacity.
>>
>>68159616
>cult
>persecution
>fighting back with memes
You sound like you belong on Twitter or some shit. Why take anything seriously here at all especially Evans images of all things?
>>
File: images (67).jpg (33 KB, 315x467) Image search: [Google]
images (67).jpg
33 KB, 315x467
I LOVE THIS MOVIE SOO MUCH!
>>
>>68161305

>Then why is there calvary imagery in his death scene when the only people in the movie watching it is Lois, Batman and Wonder Woman, and not the world?

Superman's sacrificed redeemed Batman.
>>
>>68161346
So he is Jesus
>>
>>68161376
Yes Superman like Jesus died to save humanity and in 3 days he will resurrect from his grave and be seated next to Batman and Wonder Woman, the holy trinity.
>>
>>68157879
haha, this guy is pretending to like MoS and BvS.
>>
>>68161410
But there are 3 other members of the JL joining them
>>
>>68161341
>Disney fans make fun of non-disney fans by making non-Disney flick look like Disney-flick.
You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: instagram-toad.jpg (41 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
instagram-toad.jpg
41 KB, 600x586
aw sweet a movie about unlikable characters i know nothing about.

>BvS
>implying superman could lose
>go round the earth 100 times to turn back time
>meets himself and 100's of others because he does this over and over
>cover the world in darkess with all his bodies
>bruce can't see and falls off a cliff
>>
>>68156169
If it looks and feels like BvS it won't do well. It will make the superhero audience minimum that all capeshit gets and that will be it. Casual viewers will remember how shit BvS was and stay far away.

DC is going to slowly become the "Disaster Movie franchise" of superhero movies.
>>
>>68155875

God, I would love to be a fly on the wall around that set to hear what people are saying behind Snyder's back.
>>
>>68160296
Yeah cos gook-faced Jew faggot will be much better.
>>
>>68156382
>A lot of people would disagree.
Yeah, literally all of them are on /tv/
>>
>>68159892
G-Gorgeous, rivals any s-scene in BvS in emotional intensity and ferocity, including, but not limited to: Opening Credits w/ parents death, Super9/11 scene w/Brucefleck and Dia de los Muertos.
>>
File: 12834565.jpg (42 KB, 435x623) Image search: [Google]
12834565.jpg
42 KB, 435x623
>>68161147
If you watch all four movies with Cap, you can see major charter development, regardless of Bucky and Peggy or whatever.

>Cap 1: Steve is a naive child struggling to make his place in the world

>Avengers: Confident Cap becomes leader he knows he can be

>Cap 2: Cap reevaluates his place in the world. Maybe he was wrong about MUHH America. WTF is going on? Why isn't everything so black and white?

>AOU: Was cap ever really a hero at all? Maybe he is just a solider in need of a War.
>>
>>68160950
> These films have the potential to be the Greek epics of our time...

Sure, but if that's the plan, then they need to make seriously thoughtful and actually really good movies, not just movies sniffing around the edges of importance and ideas.

There was a lot of talk about The Dark Knight not just being a great superhero movie, but a great crime movie. Like, for adults. Just...no.

It's arguably fine for what it is, but it doesn't have the great performances, meaningful character interplay, and especially the WRITING of a legitimately great film.

You can be pretentious and be great at the same time, but you have to make some fucking art if you want to be that pretentious and have us take you seriously.

It's not like if they make the movie too smart, people will hate it. You can make a smart movie that stupid people just by making sure it works at all levels. Make the explodey/punchy scenes work, but then make sure the story, dialog, and acting all click for adults as well.

No reason you can't appeal to low and high at the same time. If some people don't get some of the deeper meaning, they'll still enjoy the obvious bits.

What does NOT work is pretending like the deep stuff is working when it obviously isn't.

In fairness, it's fucking hard to make a really good movie, just like it's hard to be superlative in any medium.

But pretending like these are great movies that are just too deep for us to understand when they're actually pretentious crap is not helping. People don't hate these DC movies because they are trying to be good or smart or deep, they hate them because they're doing a crappy job of it.
>>
>>68161523
>Intern #1: Have you seen Snyder's new car?
>Intern #2: Yeah, it's pretty nice.
>Intern #1: Anyway, you wanna go get lunch?
>Intern #2: Yeah yeah, sure. In a minute.

Wow, how scintillating.
>>
>>68160955
>Captain America
>deep and complex
Bait.
>>
>>68161464
Yes those are like angels. The Flash is Angel Gabriel who delivered a message to Bruce from the future similar to how Mother Mary got a message about Jesus being born.
>>
File: you-keep-using-that-word.jpg (36 KB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
you-keep-using-that-word.jpg
36 KB, 684x384
>>68156885
>subtle
>>
>>68155875
>all that hair on superman's head
kek
>>
cant believe they let zack snyder co write.
>>
>>68155875
PLEASE NO FUCKING ZACK SNYDER PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE'S THE NEXT M.NIGHT ALWAYS TRIES TO BE 10DEP20U AND INTELLECTUAL WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY HATING AND FEELING EMBARASSED ABOUT THE SOURCE MATERIAL AND INSTEAD OPTING TO BE ARTISTIC.

Well, you see how fucking well that's turning out.

fuck this gay ass faggot, if he gets hit by a car it would make hollywood a better place because that nigger couldn't direct a school play.
>>
>cinematographer from 300, watchmen, man of murder and bvs fired
>warner is being very hands on with jl1
>shooting actually hasn't started yet and there hasn't been any new hiring news since mera which is unusual for something about to go into production

really makes you wonder what's going on
>>
>>68158277
>Snyder and goyer said that manhunter isn't marketable enough except to no life virgins.
Man that nigga dumb. Martian Manhunter is the best dude in the justice league and would probably be the most interesting character. He probably didn't want MM crowding in on Superman's Space Jesus horseshit.
>>
File: WW.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WW.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>68155875
Can't wait to see Gadot make those cheeky cute smiles again
>>
>>68161491
>implying it isn't already. DC had capeshit long before the DCU, and in all their years and of all the movies they made, they had maybe 2 good movies other than TDK.
This is why I have no faith in any of their upcoming films. They just can't make movies.
>>
File: 1456495491254.jpg (63 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
1456495491254.jpg
63 KB, 600x591
>word coming from the set is that unite the 7 really means unite the 7 heroes for the justice league, with mera replacing green lantern as the 7th member for the sake of gender equality
>>
>>68155875
>Today is the first day of shooting.
Do you work on the film set op?
>>
>>68161603
I always hear that it's pretentious, but I'm not getting that vibe, could you elaborate and I enjoyed the movie as a capeflick and for the interesting imagery that they were going for.
>>
>>68161810
I can't wait to see her try and carry an entire film. Her accent was atrocious in the bits she was in. It's gonna be hilarious.
>>
>>68161601
m-mommy?
>>
>>68161784
>>cinematographer from 300, watchmen, man of murder and bvs fired
WHAT!?? I loved the cinematography of MoS.. and WHAT BvS guy is gone too!? :(
>>
>>68156885
>bet you can't even find more than 10 subtle references / meanings from BvS pleb.
If you think that shit was subtle you're the fucking pleb m8. And cramming in every allusion and having basically everything the characters do be a forced metaphor or reference that doesn't make sense on the surface-level narrative, doesn't make the final product good or coherent.
>>
>>68161861

Superman
Superman II
Batman
Batman Returns
Watchmen
Constantine
V for Vendetta
History of Violence
Road to Perdition
>>
>>68161931

I've waited for a WW movie all my life and this is what we ended up with, someone that snyder could casting couch instead of a real talent.
>>
>>68160455
So, are we talking about chemistry between him and the camera, him with the picture of the other Flash, or do you just not know what chemistry means?
>>
>>68161784
>>68161962
Larry Fong wasn't the cinematographer for MoS

In any case it's not exactly "fired" unless he was already in the project and then they kicked him. I don't know if it was ever confirmed he was involved.
>>
>>68161962
Ehh, if anything it'll give variety.
Good to keep people on their toes.
>>
>>68161964

>And cramming in every allusion and having basically everything the characters do be a forced metaphor or reference that doesn't make sense on the surface-level narrative

Point them out.
>>
>>68161868
>mera replacing green lantern as the 7th member for the sake of gender equality
It's probably because the GL film bombed and WB is on the verge of committing suicide with its comic book universe. Anything to minimize risk of failure.

Except fucking firing Snyder.
>>
>>68161868
Mera is cool tho
But where does this come from?
>>
Snyder again? Are they retarded?
>>
>>68162046

Deborah must really, really, really be good at sex to keep the WB board in toe
>>
>>68157320

>high school level edgy deviantart user essay

is this supposed to prove the movie is good?
if you need to prove THAT hard that the movie didn't suck, it's because it sucked.
>>
>>68162124

WB is one of those studios that really hates losing directors
>>
>>68159568
The movie isn't bad because reviews say its bad. It's not good because reviews say its good.

The movie is bad because it's poorly edited and the director tried way too hard to do way too much with the subtext while completely ignoring the text text. It's got multiple dead end narrative strings that make half shit that happened in the movie completely pointless, while also spending like 12 minutes on dream sequences that just confuse the message.

Shits all fucky.
>>
>>68162181
>if you understand the movie and explain it to people who didn't, the movie sucked

The sad thing is that you need someone to explain a superhero movie to you. A SUPERHERO movie, anon.
>>
File: sadfleckbatmanvsuperman.png (747 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
sadfleckbatmanvsuperman.png
747 KB, 1460x950
>>
>>68162195
It's like an abusive relationship.. and like all it is the "victims fault"
>>
>>68162041

not that guy, but... did you read his post?

your request is fucking irrelevant, just like the semiotics on this film
>>
>>68162205
That is true.
If only Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman all had earpieces and discussed their plans all the time, several times and then went and gathered around a table explaining the plan again...
Then it would be good.

Snyder's mistake was thinking that the average movie-goer has brains.
People literally need everything said on-screen for them to understand.
>>
>>68160308
They just started production, Snyder leaving at any point before production wraps would be fucking crazy. I doubt he'll be on Justice League 2 though.
>>
>>68162339

+10000000000

Snyder did the impossible he created a cape movie that was too smart for the people.
>>
>>68162339
So what you're saying is...the world wasn't ready for Snyder's masterpiece?
>>
>>68159616
FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
>>68162246

your greentext was inaccurate, he didn't explain the movie, he tried to justify its shitty writing forcing metaphors that weren't there.

3/10.
you almost did it.
>>
File: World rejecting Superman.jpg (81 KB, 408x1024) Image search: [Google]
World rejecting Superman.jpg
81 KB, 408x1024
>>68162457
>>
>>68162046
>It's probably because the plot involves Aquaman and Atlantis
Or are Commissioner Gordon and Lois Lane members of the Justice League now too?
>>
>>68162502
>B-But he wasn't a good character, he was just broody and dark
>>
>>68162485

>he tried to justify its shitty writing forcing metaphors that weren't there.

What is it? Either the metaphors are too obvious and thus bad or the movie has no metaphors and the fans are all autistic.
>>
>>68162457
It's not a masterpiece, it is a 7/10 movie in it's present state.

People expect Super-Hero movies to be really dumbed down, because Marvel, which is the company that makes successful superhero movies, dumbed it all down, so people had an expectation set.
>>
>>68162502
God, that was deep. I feel bad for Marvelfags that didn't get it.
>>
>>68162502
Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are metanarrative masterworks. Audiences being played like a fiddle and reacting exactly the way Snyder, Terrio and Goyer have written them to.
>>
so this movie is kind of going to be the prequel/setup to the actual Justice League, as in the JL is going to be complete and ready at the end of the movie like in Fant4stic. It would be interesting if WB took some liberties to make the movie more "fun" like making part of it kind of a road movie with Batman and WW having to convince other meta humans to join them and having to deal with their situations and all.
>>
>>68162553
I was joking. I consider the movie 7.5/10.
>>
>>68162485
Except all those metaphors were there, through imagery and analogy said by the characters.

But you couldn't get them when you watched, now instead of "oh, yeah, that's right, I understand", you're going full in denial and you're angry because you can't understand a SUPERHERO movie.

Really, anon, it is a superhero movie, the fact that you didn't get the metaphors is a pretty fucked up thing.
>>
>>68162339
>Batman: I need to get the Kryptonian spear. You two keep Doomsday occupied.
>*Batman gets the spear and returns*
>*Wonder Woman lends her lasso to Superman who ties Doomsday*
>*Wonder Woman jumps and pierce Doomsday with the spear*
>*Batman keeps shooting Kryptonite gas on Doomsday's face so it can't fight back*

Wow, this would need at least 10 hours to come up with
>>
>>68155875
>directed by zack snyder

oh so it's another flop. when will desperate cucks learn.
>>
>>68162502
>>68162572

SNYDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

;_;
>>
>>68161289
>those lines from Jor-El are far from Christianity
you really think that?

about a character created by two jews way back in the day?

a character with a birth name of kal EL?

a character imbued with a story that hits all the tropes of a mythic her/savior figure?

no it's all just coincidence
>>
>>68162583
Kek, hopefully Snyder can help us be the best we can.
>>
>>68162627

What about Superman?

Is Superman dying that bothersome to you?
>>
>>68162502
wow.. sounds like you should have listened to your father
>>
>>68162627
>Batman walks out of his cover.
>Gets roasted by Doomsday.
>>
>>68162583
You'd think these movie machiavellis might instead make the film a commercial success...
>>
>>68162592

he'll quip them until they join
>>
>>68162583
>It's supposed to be badly received by the public!

Ok, this is the ultimate excuse, isn't it?
>>
>>68162618

dude, have you read the whole thing?
serious question.
>>
>>68162707
Because they didn't keep him busy enough
>>
>>68160954
>>68161119
i grew up with those cartoons as well and i cannot for the life of me understand why people worship them so much
take them for what they are, old comfy cartoons from our childhood. don't try to make them out to be masterpieces with a superman who is actually 'edgy' compared to snyder superman who is clearly shown as giving a fuck, and was only underserved in bvs because of cuts
>>
>>68162671
>a character with a birth name of kal EL?
See now you're as all over the place a Snyder. EL is a spanish prefix, not a latin prefix like you think it is. Plus, the bible was written in aramaic first and latin second, dipshit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.