[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone actually exited for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Trek_Beyond_poster.jpg (30 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
Star_Trek_Beyond_poster.jpg
30 KB, 540x800
Is anyone actually exited for this?
>>
>>68155507

Just for the sexy alien chick
>>
>>68155507
Looks like the most Star Trek-y one yet, so yes, for that
>>
Nope. I'm excited for the 2017 television series though.

Star Trek television is better than Star Trek movies anyway.
>>
>>68155507
I am. I really enjoyed the two other Star Trek movies.

I'm not a trekkie basement dweller so I can actually enjoy this films.
>>
>>68155507
no
>>
>>68156123
I hope they can redeem the last couple.
>>
>>68155507
Not as much as I once was for these movies, I'll still watch though.

My hopes are on the tv series now.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>68156305
I mean the reboot was pretty good. It was Into Darkness that sucked. But then again, I only ever watched TOS, so my perspective might be a substantially different from someone better versed in Trek media.
>>
>>68155507
Ded franchise.
Maybe they'll go back to TV series
>>
>fans angry after Into Darkness
>you know what will make them happy?
>let's get the guy who did the Fast and Furious movies to do the next one
>if there's anything nerds love is testosterone fueled adventure starring people who used beat them up in highschool
>>
>>68156778
>Maybe they'll go back to TV series

They already are
>>
Remember when Star Trek movies were about space?
>>
>>68156873
>10 minute long webisodes to promote the new movie
Yeah ok
>>
>>68155507
I've already exited the theater, yes
>>
>>68156898

No you tool, Bryan Fuller is in charge of an upcoming new series.
>>
>>68156740
>the reboot was pretty good
NuSpock has anger management issues, Kirk is an asshole who somehow went straight from cadet to captain, Spock and Uhura's relationship felt forced, Starfleet ships being assembled on Earth, Romulans looking like Nosferatu
>>
>>68156930
And Nick Meyer.
>>
File: franklin-poster.jpg (1018 KB, 1447x658) Image search: [Google]
franklin-poster.jpg
1018 KB, 1447x658
concept art for a Federation ship that shows up in the movie at some point
>>
>>68157006

Whoever that is.
>>
>>68157010
It looks like a Romulan Warbird
>>
I'm not exited for it, but I would like to see it.

If you don't give a shit about Trek lore, these are pretty neat space movies.
>>
>>68157010
dat orange and blue, bruh
>>
>>68157026
And Rod Roddenberry.
>>
>>68156993
It had problems but you could see how it could develop.
Into Darkness was total shite though that wasted any potential it could have had
>>
2009 and Into Darkness were mediocre movies. I have no hopes for this one but i'll probably end up watching it regardless.
>>
Plinkett was, as usual, right about the Star Trek reboot. It wasn't even possible for Abrams to ruin Star Trek more than Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, and Nemesis.

Although Into Darkness fell apart at the end with outright copying scenes from Wrath of Khan and the new Spock trying to imitate Shatner's "Khan!" yell. If they were going to go full fanservice, the movie should have at least ended with the new Kirk getting bombarded by tribbles.
>>
What's the plot of this anyway? Trailer makes it seem like a shitty action movie.
>>
>>68157443
It's a shitty action movie
>>
>>68157010

needs NOS
>>
>>68157150
wait for the Yify
>>
>>68157273
I think that Mike likes DS9.

He was talking about it pretty favorably in the Ant-Man review.
>>
>>68157273
>It wasn't even possible for Abrams to ruin Star Trek more than Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, and Nemesis.
>Deep Space Nine
Nice meme.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.