[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I give it a chance? It just looks so.... retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Daredevil-12[1].jpg (65 KB, 665x374) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil-12[1].jpg
65 KB, 665x374
Should I give it a chance?

It just looks so.... retarded
>>
>>68148365
I recently watched season 1 and it's probably the best thing out of the MCU. Makes everything else look incredibly inferior.
>>
>>68148421

well that post actually kind of sold me.

I just saw that it had that fucking dude from all the law and order bullshit boomer shows (gomer pyle guy) and really turned me off

but ill give it a chance
>>
Wilson Fisk and the punisher are great, but the show has so much fucking filler it's not even worth watching.

S2 just takes whats wrong with S1 and ramps it up to 10.

>don't like 35 minutes of Foggy and Karen doing fuck all? Here's another 40 minutes of it!
>>
>>68148489

god damnit /tv/

make up my fucking mind for me already quit flip flopping

i just stopped trusting you guys after you told me shit like Hannibal was good
>>
File: 1457665171741.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1457665171741.png
9 KB, 362x358
so is that all you guys have for me?

its the best of the MCU and some other guy says its full of fucking filler?
>>
>>68148830
both posts are correct t-b-h senpai
>>
No it's REALLY fucking DULL
>>
>>68148365
It's pretty okay. The second season is pretty decent but I found the trial stuff surrounding the Punisher much more interesting than the magic ninjas.
>>
>>68148955
why the fuck didnt they make the punisher a full season? who the FUCK asked for elektra or the hand shit?
>>
>>68148849
>>68148892
>>68148955

yea gonna take a pass.

thx guys
>>
Come for the Frank Kino
>>
>>68148550
Hannibal is universally praised, it's not just /tv/.
>>
Probably my favorite show. Incredibly well done.
>>
>>68148365
It's a pretty good show. If you love batman.
>>
>>68149036
I think you should see for yourself.
>>
>>68149036
Worst decision ever.
>>
>>68149036
delete this thread now that you've made your mind up
>>
>>68149123

I just dont have time to see for myself

Im a grownup with a career/family/kids

I REALLY have to research hard into what im wasting my time staring at a wall
>>
90% of the non action scenes are one on one conversations

It gets really irritating actually

The show is still good though, great atmosphere
>>
>>68149179
avoid most netflix originals desu senpai

most of them are dull shite
>>
>>68148365
1st season is just watchable, yet with lots of annoying parts
2nd season is an absolute borefest with even more retarded writing
>>
>>68149179
If your time is so precious, you shouldn't be wasting it on 4chan or with any /tv/ show.
>>
>>68149388

ah ok thanks man, ill write that one down in my journal of "advice faggots give me on the internet"
>>
It seems like every time another capeshit TV show comes that isn't garbage right from the start it starts off pretty grounded and interesting.
There's an actual story and plot that's not rehashed from the last 80 years of weekly comics.

Eventually though for some reason a bunch of fucking ninjas show up and it's a chore to finish watching each episode. I literally skipped every scene in S2, it was fucking unbearable.

It's a really good show otherwise, but it has too much filler.
>>
is it good as breaking bad
>>
>>68149179
You could spend some quality time with your wife's son and watch the damn superhero show with him.
>>
>>68149388

good luck raising faggy kids with your shitty opinions and poor time-management skills
>>
What looks retarded? The suit?
He doesn't have that in season 1 yet, he just wears dark clothes and like a head band or something. So you can watch season 1, and as for season 2 I thought it was really dull at times, but season 1 was good.
>>
>>68149414
Internet or not, it's solid advice.
Just go watch Football, bro. Or is it baseball season? Or basketball? I'm sure you'll figure it out normie bro.
>>
>>68148550

What he described is called "character development" and it's the second best part of the fucking show.

DD season 1 is probably the best thing on netflix, and the best super hero related anything.

Season 2 had issues, but if you arent a Punisher fanatic, you won't notice them.
>>
>>68149475
>I literally skipped every scene in S2, it was fucking unbearable.
this, i never do it either but i was just skipping scene after scene
>>
>>68149872
>What he described is called "character development" and it's the second best part of the fucking show

Holy shit I fucking knew some retard would post this

>mfw people actually consider that to be character development
>>
>>68150009

If you don't like court drama, don't watch a show starring two fucking lawyers.
>>
Anything that's not Fisk or Punisher in S2 is pretty bad, especially Elektra.
>>
>>68149574
Good luck with the butthurt.
>>
>>68148365
Jessica Jones is better, OP, and I've seen both seasons of Daredevil.
>>
>>68150068
>court drama
>most of it is just two filler side-characters drinking
>>
Okay OP, i'll try to explain you how it "felt" watching it.

DISCLAIMER: its my very subjective opinion.

Some scenes, if your actually paying attention to the show have the feeling (to me at least) of real fucking heroism, for example, the scene where he save a little kid from kidnapping is just amazing, it gave me that feeling i had when i watched Age of Ultron and Nick Fury brought helicarriers to save people from getting killed by a rock.
To me, a good movie/series/acting has to give me the feeling of getting interested in a certain character or event after watching it to be qualified as such. So this series made me feel interested on Wilson Fisk, the Punisher, Daredevil, even Foggy. Lol so yeah.

The first season builds up to the great finale, some parts could be qualified as "filler" but not so much if your not just watching it for "muh action, muh fights" and such.

In season 2, at the beginning you get an interesting dilemma, heroism vs vigilantism, which was amazing, its basically beliefs held by the punisher vs daredevil beliefs.

The "bad" or "boring" parts, to me were after episode 4, kind of like 5 to 8ish, but it wasn't too boring or anything, it was fine and enjoyable, just not as good as the rest of the show...

Season 2 does the same thing, if you've been paying attention to everything, you'll feel how it build up to the very last episode, and you'll enjoy it more i guess. There are just some scenes that are amazing, specially if you know even a little bit about the character (like the fact he uses the "billy club".

and well i'll leave it at that, basically thats how i felt watching it. Im not a great critic or anything, so yeah, i tried.

In my opinion it is a great show, i'd say overall it deserves an 8.5/10.
>>
>>68148550
s2 is better, bigger and more badass but also amplify s1's flaws: not enough plot to fill 12 episodes as well as more karen and foggy shit.
>>
Karen gets pretty much unbearable in S2
>>
>>68149179
And this is hard research?
>>
>>68149179
Yet you are on 4chan.
>>
Yes but just understand this before you go into it expecting something completely realistic like the Dark Knight. Daredevil has always been about ninjas and shit like that. So dont complain when it starts introducing things of that nature. I think a lot of people expect it to be completely realistic and without any prior knowledge of the character it can be daunting.

Anyway I found it is the most compelling and well written superhero thing currently. It beats the hell out of anything else in the MCU and CW shit.
>>
>>68149414
>looking for advice on whether to watch a show
>trashes people's advice
>>
>>68150308

True what you said about the heroism thing.

In S2, Daredevil actually explains his outlook on life and his "no kill policy", which is deeply tied to his Catholicism, he genuinely believes every soul is worth saving for a chance at redemption. I thought this was pretty interesting, I'm not sure any other tv or film superheroes have actually outlined their beliefs in this way.
>>
>>68148365
Season 1 is pretty much the best live action capeshit
>>
his superpower is literally that he's blind but can see
>>
>>68152710
He's blind, but he can see so much.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 721x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 721x405
>>68148365
The series would be much better if that scumbag wasn't in it
>>
File: image.jpg (948 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
948 KB, 1920x1200
shes honestly too hot

its distracting
>>
>>68148365

Fuck no. What the hell are you guys thinking?
>>
>>68152225
>stealing shitty ideologies from TWD
wew
>>
Haha OP is a dad and he's on 4chan
>>
S1 is mediocre but decent enough. S2 was a huge improvement. So yeah, watch it.

Jessica Jones is better.
>>
>>68148550
>i just stopped trusting you guys after you told me shit like Hannibal was good

If you think Hannibal is shit then there's nothing we can do to help you.
>>
>>68150241
>>68156969
this desu

Jessica Jones is just a more appealing character than Matt "Mopey" Murdock. And Kilgrave could kick Fisk's ass anyday (or make him kick it himself, I guess)
>>
>>68149179
LOOK AT THAT WALL, AND SEE WHAT KIND OF MAN YOU'RE GONNA BE EH
>>
>>68148550
>Hannibal
>shit

Talk about turbopleb
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.