[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a girls film /tv/? I'm not sure Things that make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ja_channing_dom_rgb_2764x4096.jpg (581 KB, 1300x1927) Image search: [Google]
ja_channing_dom_rgb_2764x4096.jpg
581 KB, 1300x1927
Is this a girls film /tv/? I'm not sure

Things that make it a girls film:

-Female lead
-Attractive male co-lead
-Normal girl becomes a princess story line

Things that make it not a girls film:

-Good fight scenes
-It's a sci fi
>>
>>68142743
>-Good fight scenes

Like when
>>
>>68142743
It's a really bad fanfiction given a really big budget.
>>
>>68142743
it and John Carter were both made to try to duplicate Avatar's success.

James Cameron knows how to make films women will go see so the chick flick elements in Jupiter Ascending can be thought of as attempts to do what he does, just like with the shitty new Star Wars films.

At least Jupiter Jones wasn't a Mary Sue.
>>
File: jupiter ascending review.png (673 KB, 1703x1161) Image search: [Google]
jupiter ascending review.png
673 KB, 1703x1161
>>
>>68142781
The shit with the spaceships blowing up buildings was at least interesting
>>
>>68142819
>At least Jupiter Jones wasn't a Mary Sue.
>YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF THE WHOLE UNIVERSE JUST BECAUSE

fuck off idiot.
>>
Those fucking Wacko brothers thought if they tried to cater to the twilight crowd they wouldn't make a bomb
>>
>>68142819
>At least Jupiter Jones wasn't a Mary Sue.
Oh BULL FUCKING SHIT.
>>
>>68142825
Eddie Redmayne was the best fucking part
>>
Another movie in the latest trend of "female in leading role of an action movie but the actor cant act let alone do stunts" movies. Imagine if this story was told the other way around, where some werewolf angel bounty hunter alien came to earth to save some hapless young man because he is king of earth, would this be a better movie? It would appeal to guys at least, the original appeals to noone on any level. Trying to build or appeal to a market that isnt there was a dumb decision.
>>
I sort of liked it (if I remember right). This movie is the ultimate kino.
>>
File: jew_jitsu_kata.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
jew_jitsu_kata.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>68142819
Out of Avatar, John Carter and Jupiter only John Carter was decent. The rest is pile of shit.
>>
>>68143201
>Imagine if this story was told the other way around, where some werewolf angel bounty hunter alien came to earth to save some hapless young man because he is king of earth, would this be a better movie?
Keeping the same level of absolute buttfuck crazy "everything-and-the-kitchen-sink" aesthetic that the original movie had, I'd be extremely happy with that.

>tfw we'll never have a movie about Caine and Sean Bean being space cops with wings and doing space shit
>>
>>68143430
Give me a movie with them doing space shit and Ill be happy even, the problem here was this is an action movie with a flaccid lead driving the whole thing, and was really pushing to appeal to girls, Id watch Boromir and Magic Mike flying around stopping space crime any day, thats a fucking movie.
>>
Visuals were good
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.