[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stop lying I know you own this shit and hide it under your mattress.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: the force awakens sets-0003.jpg (195 KB, 1210x1523) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens sets-0003.jpg
195 KB, 1210x1523
>It's your guilty pleasure /t/

>Prove me wrong
>>
>>68137542
is there a steel book version?
>>
>>68137542
>implying I'm buying This now when I know they'll be a 3 movie set eventually after 9
>>
>>68137542
I watched the YIFY version and I have to say it's a boring movie.
>>
>>68137542
Shit you got me senpai. That's a good one. This is gonna be good.
>>
>>68137542
Guilty?
Now it's my proud pleasure sister.
>>
>>68137567
Feed the movement anon, don't be scared.
>>
>>68137566
yeah
>>
How am I supposed to prove I don't own something?
>>
It's not out in the UK yet, so no, I don't. Eat shit I'll buy it straight away when it does
>>
>>68137542
I only buy my favourite movies. This is not one of them
>>
>>68137542

waste of HDD space,
movie is so shit I didn't even bother torrenting.
>>
>>68137731
No fuck you LucasFilm, I'm not doing the same shit I did for VHS
>>
File: 1420930399101[1].jpg (39 KB, 283x269) Image search: [Google]
1420930399101[1].jpg
39 KB, 283x269
>>68137542
Watched it once and haven't been able to stomach it again. Bland, mindless entertainment m8.
>>
>>68137542
I've watched it 5 times so far. 2 in theaters 3 at home. It gets better every time. Best star wars since Empire imho senpai.
>>
File: Hears_Solo_3.jpg (313 KB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
Hears_Solo_3.jpg
313 KB, 889x500
>>68137542
Lol... nope...

>but sadly I'll one day have to buy it... but only if base Rain Jonson can save the ST.
>>
>>68139943
TOP KEK. So are you implying that it's not even worth it?
>>
>>68137542
I don't remember fucking anything significant about this movie outside the death. There was so much pointless filler in the middle there
>>
>>68140127
Not that anon, but yes, he made that clear. I agree.
>>
>>68140127

seeing in the theater once was enough for me.
>>
the first time I watched it, it wasn't as good as I'd hoped but it was better than I expected

I just watched it for the second time yesterday and I was mostly bored. it's about as disposable as it gets
>>
>>68140229

* it
>>
Let's all have a thought for the poor shill who lives off shilling money. Poor shill.
>>
It could be that I spent too much time in places like 4chan but I felt like the whole thing with the new girl jedi being self-reliant and not needing a man's help was a little hamfisted and just thrown in the viewers face. I like her character though, the black dude seemed completely irrelevant to just about the entire movie imo though.

Was Ex Machina really so good as to warrant the two actors being in every movie released this year? All of the sudden they are fucking everywhere.
>>
What are the odds of this new trilogy feeling disjointed due to the fact that every movie will be made by a different director?
>>
>>68140595
the OT was all by different directors and it worked pretty well
>>
The Force Awakens is basically what we've been exposed too for the past decade and a half in pop culture sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother or Family Guy, all reminding us how awesome the original Star Wars trilogy is without delivering any new real content in case of scaring away old fans and alienating people, you might say it was one, long overdrawn Conway Twitty joke only to go nowhere in the end, The Phantom Menace took risks and was bold in this regard, one of the reasons it is a better movie but also a disaster, a disaster but a fun one. The Force Awakens is a boring, dull exposition movie filled with the worst type of pop culture references we've seen so many times over and is a chore to watch because there is no heart or soul with it due to being nothing more than a cash in gimmick on the current flavour of the decade growing faux nerd culture trend. JJ Abrams is not a movie or film directorm he is a business man, who only knows how to market products, which is why he was perfect for the reboot by Disney and shame on Abrams for just tacking on Han's death to stop it being a forgettable movie we all figured it would be.
>>
The new Star Wars failed in what is, in my opinion, the most important aspect of making a scifi movie on this scale. It had barely any world building or atmosphere, I never felt immersed in the world. It could be that I'm just tired of the same hero on the desert planet in the beginning and evil sith lords being jerks to their men for half the movie. It got me thinking about this, is Star Wars too shallow of a film to be released in modern times? If so, any Star Wars film that would be acceptable to hardcore fans would also be as shallow and simple. Everything is so black and white that it's just not interesting to me.
>>
>>68140760
>everything is so black and white
It's perfect for Disney then. What's better than releasing the same old absolute good vs absolute evil movies with such a rabid and dedicated fanbase? It's like if Disney found a way to make a new aladdin every year that was guaranteed to gross 1bil.
>>
File: IMG_0984.png (75 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.png
75 KB, 250x214
Nope, it didn't draw me in like the first two trilogies. There's little to no mystery or worldbuilding to it. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't a good Star Wars movie. It was essentially just an Ad. to sell more BB-8 lunchboxes.
>>
Why there is no 3D Blu ray ?
>>
>>68137542
I've already watched and enjoyed it all 3 times
Plus I saw it twice in theaters so I've seen it 5 times

>>68137566
Best buy buddy
>>
I'm going to see this kînó 12 times in the cìnemâ!
>>
I saw TFA 7 times in theaters, downloaded the Blu ray rip, watched it twice more, and then bought the blu-ray yesterday and watched it again.

TFA is genuinely ANH/ESB level and if you think otherwise you're most likely a dumbass or a memer with an agenda
>>
>>68142185
because 3DTV never really took off.

That, or Disney knows they can release a 3D blu ray later and people will buy it
>>
>>68137631
dumb ghettoposter
>>
>owning movies

does downloading the full quality bluray count?
>>
>>68143370
I'm thinking about getting 3D tv is it worth it ?
>>
Wasn't a fan but I've never been a huge fan of Star Wars

The movie was okay, but the Kylo Ren fight sequence at the end was very anticlimactic

>somehow this powerful sith-lord doesn't immediately decimate the black guy, and somehow loses to an untrained jedi

The scene where she discovers the lightsaber in the basement of the tavern was also incredibly stupid
>>
Just got mine in the mail

Pretty excited to see the movie for the 5th time and see all the bonus footage t b h
>>
>>68140127
If i saw a copy of this film on the floor in the street I would throw it in the bin
>>
File: destroy.jpg (34 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
destroy.jpg
34 KB, 600x421
>>68143482
>somehow this powerful sith-lord doesn't immediately decimate the black guy, and somehow loses to an untrained jedi

HE'S NOT POWERFUL YOU RETARD, HE'S NOT EVEN A SITH

THE ENTIRE POINT IS THAT HE'S AN INCOMPETENT FUCKTARD PRETENDING TO BE DARTH VADER WHO NEITHER FULLY BELIEVES IN NOR IS COMMITTED TO HIS CAUSE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>68137542
CONFESSION

I haven't bought it yet because I don't own a Blu-Ray player. I was thinking about getting it digitally though.
>>
Why would I waste money on flicks? I have a hard drive full of arthouse kino.
>>
>>68143530

I understood that he was weak compared to other siths or whatever, but he still shouldn't get shit-stomped by some completely untrained rando

I mean, ffs, she just learned how to manipulate the guard for the first time hours before her fight with him

You can defend the movie and series tooth and nail, but that part WAS anticlimactic and it was plainly stupid

The best part of the movie, I thought, was that campy little scene where they are comparing the size of the death star to that of the planet mega-cannon, and treating the material with some levit - besides that, the whole thing was largely unmemorable
>>
>>68142185

Probably a stunt by disney to get people to buy it again. They'll probably be more special features on that edition.
>>
>>68143675
>I understood that he was weak compared to other siths or whatever, but he still shouldn't get shit-stomped by some completely untrained rando

Yeah because god forbid the hero does extraordinary things through the power of the Force

and let's just completely disregard that he was clearly toying with Finn and was under explicit orders to bring Rey to Snoke alive and had also been shot in the stomach with a bowcaster
>>
File: The Mary Sue Awakens.png (1 MB, 1267x787) Image search: [Google]
The Mary Sue Awakens.png
1 MB, 1267x787
>>68137542
Probably one of the worst Mary Sues of all time. Disney planned on it, anyone who criticizes the movie is "sexist" "racist" and against "progressive" movies. And for some reason women have never been leads before, all those that defend this piece of shit are completely crazy.
>>
>>68143303
>I saw TFA 7 times in theaters, downloaded the Blu ray rip, watched it twice more, and then bought the blu-ray yesterday and watched it again.
How does it feel to have such complete shit taste?
>>
I have it but i need to get thr steelbook to keep that saga set up.

I've seen it 20-30 times
>>
>>68144375
>people post the honest trailers caption without realizing that entire video was a mockery of faggots who hate TFA for petty fucking reasons

>>68144539
Shit taste? TFA is fucking great, dude, literally everyone but a small population of autists on the internet loves it
>>
>>68140649
You're right but wrong. We knew this wss jj all we wanted was a good villian and a not shit movie. It delivered. The next ones should be mote original. Wait a few years then bitch
>>
>>68140649
You're right but wrong. We knew this was jj all we wanted was a good villian and a not shit movie. It delivered. The next ones should be mote original. Wait a few years then bitch.

And yes I unironically like jjs movies. From mission impossible iii to star trek to this. Somehow I've seen all of his movies in theaters and had a good time
>>
>>68143631
You should sabe your money and get a blu ray player they are fsirly cheap now. You could probably find them for 50 or even on sale for less
>>
>>68144823
Kylo Ren was a shit villain dude fucking reminded me of mclovin
>>
File: getgetkekeit.jpg (82 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
getgetkekeit.jpg
82 KB, 300x400
>>68146495
>>
File: rey-han.jpg (330 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
rey-han.jpg
330 KB, 900x470
>>68137542
>implying I don't display my black TFA blu-ray case proudly
>>
>>68146495
Kylo Ren was great. My only qualm is that he looked nothing like Han or Leia.
>>
>>68137542
Everything about this movie was shit. I don't even understand who the fuck the main characters were.

There was no point to anything. At all.
>>
>buying this piece of shit
not even once
>>
>>68137542
I haven't even watched it.
>>
>>68143631
>>68143631
You could just like get a PS3 or a PS4 or like any of those things
>>
>>68140127
Haven't seen it. Probably won't for a few years until I see it on TV >implying cable
>>
>>68137542
>/t/
britfag pls go
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.