[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TMNT 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: rowAyUp.png (785 KB, 1000x550) Image search: [Google]
rowAyUp.png
785 KB, 1000x550
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAbRg7xUtVU

It has actual character development

it can't be worst then the first film, could it?
>>
I'm sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3BclsxYvNM
>>
i kinda liked the first one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk0CNnUNag
>>
>>68134047
Jesus why
>>
>>68133053
>it can't be worst then the first film, could it?
The first TMNT was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAx750tqxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTcy51kHDTM&nohtml5=False

People take a movie about turtle ninjas too seriously. Just have fun.
>>
>>68133053
The first one is one of the most offensively bad films I've ever seen.

Let me expand, I don't mean bad as in the story was uninspired like say any of the cookie-cutter marvel films
I don't mean as in badly acted like the hunger games
I don't even mean bad as in just a cash grab that treats the audience like retards like Transformers

Don't get me wrong, it was bad in all of those ways too. But it was literally a film that a high school kid could'e written and directed better. And I don't say that lightly. When people talk about how shit some of these blockbusters like TFA or Pacific Rim are, like they'r the worst big-budget films ever made, I know they've never seen TMNT

And any critic that gave it a positive review without clearly stating "You won't enjoy it if you're older than 7" deserves to be publicly shamed
>>
The first film wasn't bad. Just mediocre and forgettable.

The second film looks like it might actually be good.
>>
>>68134823
>The first one is one of the most offensively bad films I've ever seen.
Nah.

Megan Fox kind of sucked as April, and the movie focused on her a bit too much, but overall, it was a fun film.

>high school kid could'e written and directed better
Really doubt it. The action sequences were well done and highly entertaining.

>"You won't enjoy it if you're older than 7"
It's a movie about turtles who are ninjas. You went into the theater expecting the wrong things. Get over yourself and lighten up.
>>
>>68134823
I can't believe I actually read all of that.

After the first few sentences, I thought you were building up to some detailed argument explaining what you didn't like about the movie. It turns out all you were building up to was just "a high school kid could've written and directed it better" with no elaboration or examples to support your point.
>>
>>68134216
First movie actually wasn't that bad, retarded "Arpil and turtles are connected!" storyline didn't bother me that much and characterisation outside of that was on point, it had TERRIBLE action though, schacky cam bullshit that made my head hurt.

New director seems to be much more competent, so i think sequel should be better
>>
>>68134047
>>
File: 1389470396619.jpg (70 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1389470396619.jpg
70 KB, 413x395
>>68134047
>>
I thought I'd hate the first, but I didn't mind it. It wasn't a patch on the new series though
>>
>>68134631
Hard to have fun when the villain is so goddamn serious and not cheesy.
Also April sucks cocks.
>>
>>68135151
>serious
>Shredder
Hahahaha no.

>April sucks cocks.
True but you're not really watching it for the acting.
>>
>>68134047
Geez, you guys are fucking quick
>>
>>68134942
>>68134961
Okay, fine

>Editing
Aside from the fact that it takes the worst things from the first transformers film (read: unnecessary slowmo mixed with constant quick cuts that make it almost impossible to comprehend the action), there's no attempt at making it smooth.
They change from scenes with multiple inconsistencies, like torn shirts being fixed and jackets appearing, with no consideration of pacing.

>The story and characterization
It can't decide if it's a comedy, an action film or a gritty reboot. So it attempts all 3.
We're first introduced to the turtles in a scenario that makes them seem like deadly mystical ninjas, and then they start making jokes and acting like idiots and then we see them and they're thinly-veiled caricatures of a ghetto crew (I'm sure you can guess what word I didn't use there)
Beyond that, the turtles are barely distinguished. One is kinda clever, one is funny and the other two both want to lead. That's their entire personalities.
And April is just the hot reporter who never knows anything. But somehow every other human is stupider than her.
Let's not even start on Will Arnett's 'character'

>the action
Already mentioned above, but the quick cuts and slow mo come off as a poor man's transformers (and transformers isn't exactly for refined taste in the first place) with green things instead of robots. There's non-stop action that's about as interesting as watching a let's play.
To its credit, I will grant that the final fight against shredder was pretty decent. To its sole credit. Everything else was trash

>the acting
It's unfair of me to even mention this since the actors were clearly given nothing to work with but they're flat and uninteresting
"Oh NO! Don't. DO that."
It's like the director saw them say their lines and said cut after the first take. I recall a moment where Megan Fox is crying and it looked more like she was trying not laugh at the ridiculousness of the scene.

And I'm out of space
>>
this shit is aimed at 10 year olds
>>
>>68135240
>True but you're not really watching it for the acting.
It's not about acting. I'm not having fun when watching Megan Fox dressed as a prostitute cry about her past. That's not the role of April.
>>
>>68133053
I didn't like the first one, but this really feels like what the first one should've been. I got the Mirage Turtles movie I wanted from the first film, now it's time for the cartoon Turtles movie I've wanted.
>>
>>68133053
>2016 film with worse cgi than starship troopers in 1997
>>
>>68135367
>taking tmnt this seriously
>>
>>68133053
My nostalgia senses is tingling as fuck.

I'll probably actually go an see it.
>>
why do the turtles look Philippino?
>>
>>68135611
>>
>>68135952
No other film compares to that shitwreck

The closest I've seen over the last few years was the d-train and tak3n
>>
Teenage Mutant Nigger Turtles
>>
>>68135367
> Can't follow the action in a transformers movie
Sorry your eyes can keep up.
>Endless action is boring
Do you even know the stories your watching? Action movies tend to have action as the main draw.
>>
>>68136176
I hear they're considering making the next expendables a recording of Arnold playing Gears of War with new skins while him and Sly comment in the background

Super psyched!
>>
Anyone else watch the current tv series?
>>
File: 1458252878170.png (188 KB, 324x320) Image search: [Google]
1458252878170.png
188 KB, 324x320
>>68134047
10/10 godamn
>>
>>68133053
>I'm a little piggy
:^)
>>
File: bane true detective.jpg (199 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
bane true detective.jpg
199 KB, 1366x768
>>68134047
this is the /tv/ I've done nothing for
>>
>>68135151
should could suck mine, I wouldn't be mad at all
>>
>>68133053
Why do people get passionate about fucking TMNT? Because they watched the shitty cartoon when they were kids?
>>
>>68133053
At 1:50, what is that CGI model used for Rocksteady from? I'm sure that exact shot is from another movie.
>>
>>68137650

Yes.
>>
File: 1451084865247.jpg (13 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1451084865247.jpg
13 KB, 208x199
>>68133053
>>
I kind of want to see it because Arrow is Casey Jones and I think he'll be good in it. I'll wait for YIFY
>>
>>68139036

Kung Fu Panda's rhino guards?
>>
File: 1459562918640.jpg (65 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1459562918640.jpg
65 KB, 380x380
>>68136025
back to r/imdb
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.