[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm about half way through watching pic related and have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
i'm about half way through watching pic related and have fucking no clue whats going on

am i retarded ?
>>
>>68129861
no this was a fucking awful show. so fucking slow man.
>>
>>68129861
You're retarded but the movie is shit anyway so you're not missing out.
>>
>>68130080
talking about the film, i'm pretty lost watching it
>>
>>68129861
Just go watch avengers again.
>>
you're retarded, it's not that hard to follow
>>
>>68130102
please explain it in a few sentences ?
>>
>>68129861
yes, you are.
>>
>>68129861
its easier to understand on a second viewing

there are some great action scenes though, just hold out till the end broski
>>
nigga ai wants join with cyber babe to become fully realised self actualised faggot while nigga ops want to prevent that shit.
>>
Go back to your capeshit. This movie isn't even difficult to understand.
>>
>>68130109
>>68129861
Turn on the subtitles?
>>
>>68129861
>have fucking no clue whats going on
you're joking right? this movie is FULL with dialogue exposition and it literally explains you everything that's going on.

even a blind guy could understand it cause the dialogue is audiobook tier
>>
>>68131412
But that's SAC. I couldn't even get through the first few eps with all the characters' blabbering. The movie's dialogue didn't bother me.
>>
>>68131412

Not everyone has watched enough Jap subtitled shit to be able to work out what they mean. Things get lost in translation, particularly literal translations, because they have a very different way of phrasing things than we do. This is particularly true in shows that use a lot of technobabble like Gits.
>>
>>68129861
Its generic jap robot-shit
It basicly boils down to
>i want to fuck qt robots
>>
>>68129861

If you are struggling to follow, just watch the dub, but acknowledge that you aren't seeing the film as originally envisioned.

It can take a little while getting used to reading subtitles and following what's visually going along, especially during the action scenes.

Don't feel shame about watching the dub if you haven't seen many foreign language movies before. Just plan to re-watch it later. No biggey brah.
>>
>>68131503

Whilst bait, you can certainly say that reproduction is theme with the whole DNA vs source code thing.
>>
>>68130080
>slow

Sorry if action is the only thing that can hold your attention anon. I bet you like "popcorn movies" too.
>>
File: 1460132614014.jpg (17 KB, 341x300) Image search: [Google]
1460132614014.jpg
17 KB, 341x300
People got robot body parts

Technology is like super awesome

Sentient ai emerges or guy does and uploads his consciousness to the web or something

Ai wants to take human form which is fucking Ultron levels retarded. Why would an ai want to limit itself to a singular entity

Who cares. Movies over. That was my experience anyway
>>
>>68129861
it's just a horror movie that relies on psychological manipulation.

Motoko is depressed and the puppetmaster is fucking with her mind.

pretty easy to follow.
>>
>>68130080
The fuck? No it wasn't. The show was great for the various themes and excellent plot it delivered, along with the great world building it had.
>>
>>68131720
>acknowledge that you aren't seeing the film as originally envisioned.

Even watching with subs isn't what is originally envisioned. No translation can be perfect, subs or not, and you waste time reading subtitles instead of actually looking at the movie.
The only correct way is to learn ching-chong but it's not worth it.
>>
>>68132151
>technology is like super awesome
WAY TO MISS THE ONE THING THAT SETS GITS APART FROM MOST OTHER CYBERPUNK MOVIES.

IT DELVES DEEP INTO HOW ALIENATING AND CREEPY TECHNOLOGY IS ON AN INDIVIDUAL LEVEL.

AND YOU SOMEHOW OVERLOOKED THAT.
>>
>>68132201
Not for the characters unfortunately. Neither was the movie tho
>>
>>68129861
It's not at all hard to follow, at least compared to the sequel. That was legitimately a fuck up.
>>
you niggas will never know how it felt watching this movie in the 90s were non of that future shit existed or even talked about.

also back then the animation was god-tier different from anything else
>>
>>68132209

No, you are right.

But learning to read the subs and still see what is going on is a skill you learn over time. It helps if you have a good reading speed.
>>
>>68132217
Man I get it. Cybernetically enhanced limbs for lightning fast fapping and your friends can hack into individually points of your arm so they can help you fap using cheat codes like discharging lube from your wrist sprockets man come on with that shit
>>
File: file.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>68129861
>there are people that unironically disliked SAC
>>
File: 28.06.2014.13.53.jpg (30 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
28.06.2014.13.53.jpg
30 KB, 500x587
>>68129861
>chinky cartoons

pure fedora autism
>>
>>68132830
>>>/a/
>>
>>68132887
>implying /a/ will ever stop talking about the flavor of the jizz the industry squirts out
at least the memes are dank here
>>
>>68129861
>posting half way through movie
yes you are
>>
>ghost in the reddit
>>
File: 1451670958345.jpg (35 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451670958345.jpg
35 KB, 640x640
>>68132441
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
This movie is aesthetically and intellectually stimulating, only plebs dislike it.

It also was way ahead of its time, more so for the western market, for it spawned The Matrix. The Wachowski br- sisters showed the producers this movie and said "We wanna make a live action western version."

What did we get? A steaming pile of shit that needs to hamfist its moral dilemmas and "complexities".
>Nigger holds battery infront of camera
"Hey asshole, thats you, get it?"
>>
>>68133410
>only plebs dislike anime

ok
>>
>>68133479

He didn't say that.

Just if you can't take food-for-thought away from this film, you are the pleb.
>>
>>68133479
If you dismiss an entire culture's art on principle then yes, you are indeed a pleb and a faggot aswell.
>>
>>68133571
Agreed. It's fine if you dislike anime in general, but to say that all anime is shit is incredibly closed minded.
>>
>>68133618
Reflective arguments that aren't solely calculated to evoke a crass response?
Woah, slow down there buddy!
>>
>>68133618

Yeah, I can get if you don't enjoy animation, but that certainly doesn't mean that genre doesn't have any merit.

Kinda like how I dislike fish, but that doesn't stop me appreciating a good salmon steak.
>>
>>68133555
>anime
>can ever be film status

pleb
>>
>>68133789

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
>>
>>68133410
>Only plebs dont enjoy gook childrens cartoons
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.