[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his fucking problem?? Why didn't he just bend the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: a8IxZzr.jpg (190 KB, 1599x897) Image search: [Google]
a8IxZzr.jpg
190 KB, 1599x897
What was his fucking problem??
Why didn't he just bend the knee?

I smell bad writing here.
>>
>>68128200
Everyone in that show with power is a stubborn fuck.
>>
He was a non-bender, did you even watch Avatar?
>>
>>68128240
Sloppy.
>>
>>68128240

>says he wants to save his people
>lets them die while Stannis offers them safety in exchange for their service for a few months

>says it isn't about pride
>afraid to appear weak in front of his people

it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>68128200
In the book he did not give a fuck since he is not dead, but some doppelganger took a fall. But the show gives even less of a fuck about book so they just made him look retarded.
>>
>>68128284
>gets people to follow him
>understands its because he's convinced them and not because of any authority concept, which he himself rejects anyway

>asked to abandon that principle in full view of his men
>refuses to do so

It makes perfect sense.
>>
>>68128365
Yeah to follow them TO SAFETY.
He's aware that nearly all of the people he tried to save were still beyond the wall and Stannis and Jon were the only ones in the entire continent to give a shit about them. If he were such a philanthropist as he's portrayed in the show he would understand that bending the knee was the only way to save his people.

And only a handful of wildlings were present at Castle Black to watch his execution. A small enough number to explain them why he had to do so. He fucking convinced the Thenns and the Giants, surely teaching 30 wildlings a bit of geopolitics 101 isn't a big deal?

It's just bad writing, plain and simple.
>>
>>68128456
>to follow them
to follow him*
my bad
>>
>>68128456
>If he were such a philanthropist
Philanthropy was not his one and only guiding principle and he wasn't portrayed as if it was. He had a goal and was willing to fight for it, but he wasn't prepared to compromise everything else he believed in to achieve it.
>surely teaching 30 wildlings a bit of geopolitics 101 isn't a big deal?
Jon had no success getting anything about the rest of the world through to these people while he was their captive.
>>
HE WAS A CONSUL OF THENN
>>
>>68128622
SHAME ON THE HOUSE BARATHEON FOR SUCH BARBARITY
>>
>>68128622
*CONSOLE
>>
>>68128200
Everyone is shitting on Stannis for no reason.
>Okay, I'll be willing to forgive the terrorism, the raiding and desertion if you work with me on this. I'll even give you and your people what you've been fighting for for years. just follow the laws of the land an
>LOL FUCK YOU I'D RATHER BURN ALIVE
>Okay, Boltons are nuts, they've been flaying Northern lords, your friends, they betrayed and butchered your warden and now sit in his castle. They terrorize you every day, break all your ancient laws, and are in bed with the Lannisters. I'm sure that if we work together we can drive them out and restore
>LOL FUCK YOU NORTHERN PRIDE WORLD WIDE WOULD RATHER BE FLAYED DESU SENPAI
>Look, your people are being retarded. How about I make you the lord of Winterfell, restore your home, your family, avenge your brother, let your free folk in, and just generally give you everything you ever wanted to out mutual benefit
>LOL NO I TOOK A VOW, SURE I BROKE LIKE TEN OF THOSE ALREADY, BUT THE PUSSY WAS WORTH IT

Honestly if I were him I'd just take my family and fuck off to Essos at that point.
>>
>>68128703
>if I were him I'd just take my family and fuck off to Essos at that point.
Stannis is as stupid as the rest of them in the exact same way, he's the rightful heir therefore he must have the throne, even though it became a true fool's errand after the loss at Blackwater.
>>
File: Stannis-Baratheon.jpg (132 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Stannis-Baratheon.jpg
132 KB, 1024x512
>>68128703
The hero Westeros deserves.
>>
>>68128773
I think he was doing it to save the kingdom from an icy apocalypse by that point.
>>
>manchildren try to make sense of a character's actions in a medieval soap opera written by autists who don't understand how human beings think or behave so the characters couldn't be rationally written

Good luck retards
>>
>>68128797
Vaguely, I don't know what his motives are in the book but in the show he just gets the note from the wall and then melisandre tells him that's an even bigger deal, and he buys right into it. Even then he never really seems to take his eyes off the throne.
>>
>>68128200
Because he is rhaegar targaryen. Something so ridiculously obvious even the most stupid of assholes can pick up on it. Changes rhaegar to rayder, during time of nights watch wore the colour standard of house targaryen and left when he had to also give that up.
The rightful king coming into contact with a baratheon.
Joawn snoo. I, am your father.

"Neoooooooooooooooooh".
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.