[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is digital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 5.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
this is digital
>>
>>68128034
this is reddit
>>
File: 86697c35d8e1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
86697c35d8e1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
and this is 35mm
>>
>>68128034
this is memes
>>
>>68128034
This is sparta!! XDD
>>
>>68128069
>>68128034
Digital is the future, but it's not quite 70mm yet.
>>
>>68128069
TFA is the worst looking film dude

J.J. doesn't know how to shoot on film, he just takes a shit on it with filters that don't make sense

Lucas didn't even try to imitate film, he embraced the digital

and phantom menace, which was still shot on film, still has better colors than TFA
>>
>>68128069
Nice and grainy. Like film should be.
>>
>>68128111
Some of TFA looks great, famalamadingdong. Particularly the bits with Snoke, and whenever TIE-fighters are involved, for some reason.
>>
I fucking hate directors who still insist on using film.

If you use color 'correction' and CGI on your film then you should fucking kill yourself.
>>
Film dies when the decision to shoot on celluloid is stripped away from filmmakers without their consent.
>>
>>68128137
Most of it looks great. Anon has no clue what he's memeing about.
>>
>>68128111
There's a featurette or bit of trivia somewhere, you can look it up, where for Attack of the Clones they had to add a layer or filter over the image to make it look more like film. The image was too sharp and was off putting. If you watch the film again you'll see an unusual softness in most live action elements not present in Phantom or Revenge. Cameras had improved by the time Revenge happened. Lucas also insisted on the same frame rate as film on clones, i think digital was 30 fps and he wouldn't use their cameras until they added a 24 fps mode.
>>
>>68128106
are you a time traveler from 2007?
>>
>>68128034
What movie is this from?
>>
>>68128236
I know about it, but it's not to make it look more like film, I understood it was to better work with the make-belief environments and combine them with live actors. It's also the direct cause of people complaining about "fakeness" etc. Most scenes in AOTC are reliant on digital in the way they fill out the picture and how relentless the colors are. A lot of what is shown is impossibly vibrant.
>>
>>68128374
The Revenant
>>
>>68128409
>>68128236
And 24fps is required for consistency to blend in the with other ones. It's funny, if you add a sharpness filter with a video editing program on AOTC, it brings out that cool smudgy movement and you can notice how weird the actors look sometimes, especially when you look at their hair. They look very unreal.
>>
>>68128409
to further emphasize this you can just look at some scenes in TPM where a similar filter probably could have been beneficial, due to the way certain stuff pops out in an arguably undesirable way
>>
>>68128034
this was so pointless

he treks through meters of snow before in his meme fur only this time he was somehow so cold that he needed to sleep in a horse
>>
>>68128576
weather varies in the world, you probably haven't been outside in a while, but temperature can go from cold to colder
>>
>>68128069
Comfy...
>>
>>68128107
70mm is too expensive and heavy though.
>>
>>68130817
Yes. That's why movies are going to be changed forever when digital becomes as good as 70mm.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.