[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This short-dick guy should have gotten an Oscar. not Leo. Leo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
This short-dick guy should have gotten an Oscar. not Leo. Leo was good, but it was not his best movie, he was just growing and crawling the whole movie, not talking too much. Hardy's performance and role were much much better.
>>
what do you think, guys?
>>
All he did was bitch about his pelts, tree niggers, and some "living" shit. It's not a very much higher step up
>>
>>68126012
A lot of people were saying this at the time. I think the oscars just caved to public opinion. It was too late to please tumblr by throwing a bunch of nigger nominations in so they did there best to please them by giving leo "the meme" de caprio his oscar. And it worked I guess, distracted them for a while
>>
>>68126138
>All he did was bitch about
But he did it beautifully
>>
>>68126138
he killed a half breed. That's commendable.
>>
File: 1451210408677.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1451210408677.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>68126012
>this supporting actor should have gotten the Oscar for best actor
>>
m-m-MUH PELTS
>>
>>68126012
Not really, Leo doesn't deserves his oscar desu. It was Fassdaddy's year for sure. But I agree that he has a short dick though. (Bronson lol)
>>
>>68126012
I dont know about you all, but this movie was comfy as hell.
>beautiful scenery
>lovely winter
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: 1456360323029.png (313 KB, 598x468) Image search: [Google]
1456360323029.png
313 KB, 598x468
>>68126012
Everybody knows Leo's Oscar wasn't for his performance in this movie, it was more of a lifetime achievement award slash mercy award slash an effort to kill the meme.
>>
I have to disagree anon. Despite the lack of dialogue, I think Leo gave his best performance in this movie, and it was a great performance. I didn't see Leo just shouting and being himself with a different accent. I saw a man, brought to his lowest, most tragic point, bent of surviving and living for revenge. It's true Hardy gave a great performance as well, but I wouldn't say it was quite up to par with the rawness of Leo.

But goddamn, that moment where Hardy and the native kid came upon that burned settlement, that was some brilliant black humor. "Damned savages, always tryin to steal our shit".
>>
>>68126138
That's the script not acting you dumb faggot.
>>
>>68127380
wel why not? they did it for brando and nicholson
>>
>>68127471
Once I get a good copy, I'm gonna screenshot it. But there was one shot about 20-30 minutes in where the camera focuses on a tree branch with dew dripping from it, and very light sunflare caught on the side of it. It still amazes me how someone saw that part of the wood and lined an establishing shot from it.
>>
>>68127542
The real question is who else should have won?

I think it was more of a case of Leo's performance being the least worst, not necessarily the best.
>>
>>68127677
colin farrell for the lobster
>>
>>68127471
>comfy

>frozen, barren wilderness
>bear rape
>genocide
>>
>>68127664
Yeah idk I might buy it. I hardly ever buy movies but I might go grab a blu ray copy once the price drops.
>>
The only great parts with Leo were when he looked into the camera at the end, with a bit teary eyes, and when he screamed at Fitz after him killing his son. The other parts it were just him moaning and groaning like an asshole, anyone could do that.

Tom made his character very interesting. He was just a simple money loving bad guy but Tom with the way he delivered his dialogues and facial expressions really made him more human, like he was still a bad guy but not comic book-tier.
>>
>>68127832
reminder fitzgerald literally did nothing wrong
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.