[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it was obvious that Boba Fett was meant to be viewed as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
So it was obvious that Boba Fett was meant to be viewed as a silent badass to the audience, but what was his reputation and skill level in the Star Wars universe itself?
>>
He was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior.
>>
>>68124073
No.

>>68124017
His reputation was far greater than his actual skill. In the current canon he accomplished jack dick. For beaten by a blond guy twice and dies in debatibly the most humiliating way possible.

If star wars was dragon ball z and had definitive power tiers (which it's not, and doesn't), then I would say he's probably aground the same skill level as a really well trained storm trooper. A shame to his father.
>>
>>68124247
his father died like a bitch too, how can boba be a shame to him.
>>
>>68124301
>killed by a master jedi in combat
>died like a bitch
>a bitch
>>
Pre-Disney?
Top-tier.
He was Vader's right hand man an unusual amount of times.
Post-Disney?
Greedo-tier.
>>
>>68124301
At least jango beat obi wan Kenobi in a fight. He also killed a Jedi which is pretty much the most difficult thing you can do in Star Wars as a bounty hunter
>>
>>68124017
Why don't you read a wookiepedia article about it, you schizophrenic fuck?

Star Wars isn't a fucking documentary.
>>
>>68124343
>died because he couldn't walk backwards fast enough
lel
the jango versus windu fight was dogshit.
>>
>>68124389
agreed

but still ..
>>
@68124407
>..
You know ellipses are meant to indicated omitted material, right? This isn't twitter. You don't have itty bitty character limits.
Type your post out or fuck off with your attention whoring tactics.

I won't use the correct reply formatting so you can't even get any (you)s.
>>
>>68124378
Not only that, he killed like, six or seven Jedi with his bare hands before they managed to subdue him.
>>
>>68124385
sup reddit
>>
>>68124497
Did he? I only remember him killing dinosaur man
>>
>>68124520
I guess this is till canon post-Disney

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett:_Open_Seasons
>>
Will there ever be Star Wars version of The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly featuring Boba Fett, Han Solo, and Jaba the Hutt?
>>
>>68124017
As a number 1 Star Wars fan, having read all the books that go along with it and growing up in a Star Wars household, I can confirm that Boba Fett was feared by many. Including myself. My dad used to punish me by locking me into my bedroom and threatening to hit Boba Fett up and kill me. Quite horrifying.
>>
>>68124247
Well if nothing else he was part of the like five bounty hunters contacted by the Empire, and was also the person who actually found them. I skipped to this scene to check it, and Vader points at him with the "no disintegrations" comment, so it would be reasonable to assume he has a reputation for it.

He does die like a bitch, but it's because a blind man spins and boops his jetpack in the exact right spot to send him flying. I mean, come the fuck on.
>>
>>68124557
>jabba
>not dengar
nigger come on
>>
>>68124358
Fuck off, he was eaten by your mom's anus long before Disney.
>>
>>68124639
>not IG-88
>>
>>68124629
He doesn't die. Dengar saves his life. I read the novels. I know.
>>
File: not_canon.png (139 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
not_canon.png
139 KB, 800x800
>>68124690
>>
>>68124728
Nice meme reddit.
We're clearly talking about Pre-Disney Star Wars. Post-Disney Star Wars is so empty there's nothing to do but circlejerk over whether TFA or TPM is the better movie.
>>
>>68124541
Nope
>>
What would you like to see in the inevtiable Boba Fett Anthology film? Any actors and directors you'd like for it?
>>
>>68124862
I would like Star Wars 1313 personally.
>>
File: wew lad.png (56 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
56 KB, 220x200
>>68124447
I don't understand this hot new meme of getting triggered by ellipses.
>>
>>68124947
annoying....
>>
>>68124881
What was known about that before it got cancelled?
>>
>>68124862
Without bullshit. If they do a Boba Fett film something like a fist full of dollars would be neat. Get a legit director and be subtle about the star wars themes.

Basically Boba playing out two gangs against each other, then gets fucked up, is helped by some guy and then gets revenge.
>>
File: 1456197008718.png (3 MB, 1904x5336) Image search: [Google]
1456197008718.png
3 MB, 1904x5336
>>68124761
>Post-Disney Star Wars is so empty
>>
>>68124862
I was listening to a podcast a while ago and they casually mentioned the idea that boba fett isn't one person, but instead a persona given to whoever happens to be wearing the suit. I would love to see that idea make it's way into a film. So basically even though the previous wearer might have died in the sarlacc, boba fett is still very much alive being portrayed by someone else
>>
>>68124805
I don't see why it wouldn't be.

It's a set-up for the video game which is a set-up for him getting brought on to make the clone army.

Why can't disney let me have this.
>>
>>68124975
So something like the mandalore?
>>
>>68124964
It's more annoying when people shit up threads by drawing attention to it. Who cares.........................
>>
>>68125026
Kinda. More like how there are multiple mall satntas. Only there is only one existing at a time
>>
File: original.jpg (2 MB, 3300x1856) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
2 MB, 3300x1856
>>68124967
Boba Fett during the post-war years navigating the underworld and slums of Coruscant.
Since it was post-RotS, the idea was you'd be bumping into characters who'd gone down with the Republic.
Senators reduced to crime lords, business owners who'd been shutdown for suspected jedi sheltering (a la Dexter), etc.

The idea was to look at the transition from Republic to Empire from the street level.
>>
>>68125028
Nah....
two idiots bickering does.....
>>
>>68125026
Well, Boba is a mandalorian after all.

>>68124971
>Get a legit director and be subtle about the star wars themes
I was just thinking about that. How far could they stray from traditional Star Wars while still feeling like it's true to it? I mean stuff like opening with different music, without a title crawl, no lightsabers etc. In theory you could definitely make a film that obviously takes place in the Star Wars without using elements such as those, but they're such a big part of the recognizability of Star Wars that I'm not sure if audiences would be able to deal with it.

Would Disney dare to make the Boba Fett film R-rated?
>>
>>68125142
That sounds awesome.

Why did it Disney cancel it after their takeover? Star Wars and Boba Fett are both like printing money.
>>
>>68125202
>boba is mandalorian after all

Anon...
>>
>>68125202
>Boba is a mandalorian
Not canon anymore, don't bother arguing it's been discussed multiple times before.
>>
File: 1454803253260.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454803253260.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
>>68125142
All that aurebesh translates to nothing
>>
>>68125275
>>68125265
He isn't? Weren't there Mandalorians in Clone Wars and Rebels (I haven't seen them)? They included Mandalorians, but said Boba wasn't one?

What the fuck, famalamadingdongs.
>>
>>68125251
Something something "the EA games deal is too good" something something "better shut down LucasArts".
>>
>>68125251
Too gritty for the mickeydrones.
>>
>>68125312
They specifically made the point in the show that jango isn't one, and boba is just a clone of jango
>>
>>68125357
That's unfortunate.

why would they do that though
>>
>>68125251
Because LucasArts was in dire straits. Lucas had taken a more hands on role that sunk a lot of projects, he was running the studio into the ground. Read about what happened to the Maul game.

Disney didnt kill anything, lucasarts was dead long before the acquisition
>>
>>68125357
but Jangos entire character revolves around him being the last "true" Mandalore.

It doesn't make sense to retcon stuff like that.
>>
>>68125413
Just recently they came out and said Jango wasn't born on Concord Dawn.
>>
>>68125382
Good lord.

>George Lucas then revealed his interest in Darth Maul working with Darth Talon during a meeting with representatives of Red Fly. When George was told that this wouldn't work since Talon lived more than 170 years after Maul, he said it could instead be a descendant or clone of Maul. Red Fly then began working with this idea, and their game's story finally started coming together. The plot would've featured Maul and Talon pitted against Darth Krayt and his Sith army, with a developer of Red Fly saying Maul could strike at the Sith for going against the former Sith Rule of Two. Despite the project coming together, however, LucasArts wouldn't "sign off on any of the big-ticket items that would allow development to truly get underway."[1]

The project became troubled when LucasArts suddenly stopped communicating with Red Fly. Red Fly found out from some members of LucasArts that something was wrong, before finally being told via email that the project was cancelled.[1] At the time of its cancellation, the game's prototyping phase had just been finished.[2]
>>
>>68125413
Just ignore it. Clone wars contradicts the movies a bunch anyway, the new idea of "canon" is shaky as hell and is just a gimmick to make people buy into the new EU

The movies are all that really matter
>>
>>68125477
That's pretty disappointing.
>>
File: Clonewarsdeathwatch.jpg (68 KB, 800x656) Image search: [Google]
Clonewarsdeathwatch.jpg
68 KB, 800x656
>>68125413
>last "true" Mandalore
That's these guys now
>>
>>68125336
>Daredevil
kkdccuck
>>
>>68124389
>run backwards against a jedi master
>jedi master still cuts your head off

this is a pretty shit argument. jango lost his jetpack which was built into his tactical advantage. you never face a jedi master head on, jango had no chance at all. if he had the jetpack he could get out of the situation but all he had at that point was one blaster instead of his two.

>inb4 flamethrower

mace wouldve got around it then sliced his head off regardless

jango was completely disadvantaged. his main threats at the point of his death were a blaster and a flamethrower. youre not going to kill mace with that pleb shit.

>>68124017
boba fett successfully found han solo when the empire and the other bounty hunters couldnt. he got into a shootout with luke just by hearing his footsteps on bespin. he had luke dead to rights but of course the good guys always win and boba "died" like a bitch because han got a lucky hit in while boba was extremely focused and ready to make a ton of credits capturing luke
>>
>Pablo Hidalgo controls the canon
What
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/693214698003644417
>>
>>68125531
adding to this jango fought obi wan 1v1 and stalemated him. obi wan eventually became a master jedi. when jango had his arsenal he could go toe to toe with jedi. jango losing to windu was the result of jango being crippled and mace at full power. if jango had everything at his disposal he couldve rocketed away and got away with boba, instead he stood his ground like a true mandolorian and faced his death with pride knowing he was dead anyway but he would give the fight everything he had.

scene still sucked though, jango shouldve been able to use some training or weaponry to not blindly fire a blaster at mace fucking dindu
>>
>>68125670
Jango had a Jetpack, Kenobi never had to face another master of highground before.
>>
i was always under the impression that he was known all around the galaxy for his adventures and had a legendary reputation for being a total badass and not taking shit from anybody. he was more famous (or infamous) than his father ever was. better question: would he have been better if he was actually silent? i think so.
>>
>>68125810
yea kenobi never realized others could have the higher ground over him. he learned it and used the battles against jango and maul to chop off anakins limbs since at that point he had seen all sorts of high ground
>>
>>68125821
his old country western bounty hunter voice was amazing

he was renowned, even vader knew his potential. thats why its made a point that vader says "no disintegrations" to him. vader doesnt say shit to anyone but boba because he knows how boba operates.
>>
File: 1458403470083.png (157 KB, 275x255) Image search: [Google]
1458403470083.png
157 KB, 275x255
>>68124972
>Handful of comic books and YA novels
>Mobile games
>>
>>68125670
>he stood his ground like a true mandolorian and faced his death with pride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4
>>
>>68125906
rebels is the epitome of shit. even swtor didnt fuck up this bad.

>mandos using lightsabers or "darksabers"

shouldve used a cortosis weave vibrosword like a real mando.
>>
>>68125906
>pre vizla says hes mandalore
>doesnt have mandalores mask

pleb. mandalores werent based on swords they were based on the mask of the mandalore
>>
>>68125957
That's clone wars. The darksaber was pretty much a trophy of the deathwatch.
>>
>>68125985
>deathwatch
>mandalorian

they were the mormons of mandalorianism
>>
>>68124017
literally the most overrated non-character in all of fiction
>>
>>68126008
wrong reply but yes boba was based off old country western bounty hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a897FGgDJy8
>>
>>68125888
country western voice? i thought he sounded like a stupid fucking pirate, like some kind of mongoloid brute with no brain. the Temuara voice actually sounds intelligent but tough, like a hunter.
>>
>>68126044
i thought he sounded like a retard honestly.
>>
>>68125957
>rebels
>cortosis weave vibrosword
How autistic can you get
>>
>>68126044
>what if he doesn't survive?, he's worth a lot to me!

whoever was doing a lee van cleef impression picked a good time to do it
>>
>>68126087
>not understanding KOTOR or old star wars

>>68126084
maybe, you must not have watched old westerns
>>
>>68126121
>KOTOR or old star wars
Not canon anymore. Couldn't give less of a fuck
>>
>>68126202
who cares cortosis has been replaced by phrkk, doesnt really matter
>>
>>68125302
Is Aurebesh just an alphabet, or did someone actually come up with a whole language for it, like Klingon or Quenya?
>>
>>68124017

When you have to be reminded no disintegration and you get your ass handed to you by a "Jedi" you're clearly shit
>>
>>68126121
watching old westerns doesn't make the voice sound intelligent or less brutish.
>>
>>68124972

Excuse me but that Darth Maul book is from Dark Horse. Why is that canon?
>>
>>68126279
the point is the voice is supposed to be brutish. then you see the actions of said character and you realize why
>>
>>68124971
Boba should be the bad guy.
>>
>>68124972
TOR was confirmed Non-canon but KOTOR 1 and 2 are up in the air as TFA and surrounding media make reference to them.
>>
>>68124971
only way this would work is if boba got saved by dengarr
>>
>>68126044
>Put captain Solo in the cargo hold
literally the voice of my childhood
how did they ruin the greatest sci-fi franchise
>>
>>68124017
He was likely rather revered considering the Empire only hired six or so bounty hunters to find Han Solo
>>
>>68124520
Want dino man a Master on the Jedi council at the time?
>>
>>68125381
Because they want all Mandalorians to be blonde Aryans now.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.