[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so I know I'm probably way too late for discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
Alright so I know I'm probably way too late for discussion on this movie.

But it seems odd to me that with all the interpretations people have I've never once see people point out that all the motorcyclists in the movies are seen wearing full 1 piece motorcycle suits at all times, you know...made of animal skin?

Does this suggest they're an extra layer removed from humanity as they police her?
>>
>with all the interpretations people have
there are others? a bunch of stuff is left out from the book but im pretty sure reading it would explain everything. I don't think the movie was going for different interpretations.
>>
>>68123513
All right, here I think you're reading too much into it.

The motorcyclist was played by an actual motorcyclist. He was probably just using is own suit.
>>
>>68123513
Ye, also she has a change of heart because she has to be directly in contact with people much more often, that deformed lonely dude was just the final straw.
>>
>>68123513
What?
He's just wearing motorcycle gear.
>>68123725
>a bunch of stuff is left out from the book
They're pretty much two totally different stories.
>>
File: motoman.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
motoman.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1036
>>68123886
I did look into it, they had an entirely new set of motorcycle leathers free of sponsors made for the movie and put it in a concrete mixer to age it instead of dressing him up in more casual motorcycle garb, and the other riders all wear leathers too.

I think the whole reason for going for motorcycles in the first place might have been because of that.

proud british road racing heritage aside...
>>
>>68123985
>What?
>He's just wearing motorcycle gear.
It's a valid interpretation moron, and it makes sense thematically. These thoughts encourage actual discussion to sprout. This board urgently needs this.
>>
Were the Scottish men supposed to be unintelligible? You know, so it would feel like you're an alien when listening to them.
>>
I know it is a common thing, but the hump like thing in his suit also made him more inhuman looking
Just to add my two cents
>>
>>68124135
Well a guy in a leather wind suit and a helmet looks like a guy in a space suit, plus a character on a motorcycle is a lot easier to recognize than one in a car, where you would need to cut away to a close shot to establish who is in the car. This way you just get the quick visual cue of "handler on motorcycle."
>>
The abandoned baby still haunts me to this day.
>>
File: 1403308959438.png (87 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1403308959438.png
87 KB, 684x576
>>68124327
same.
>>
File: ohgod.jpg (618 KB, 1830x2400) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.jpg
618 KB, 1830x2400
>>68124327
not the dude getting his body siphoned?
>>
>>68124068
Shut up
>>
File: under the skin leathers.png (3 MB, 1920x1036) Image search: [Google]
under the skin leathers.png
3 MB, 1920x1036
>>68125684
just as clarification I did go back and check and yes every single other moto-handler in the movie is wearing full leathers as well.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.