[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got around to watching this. So what exactly was the issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: Negan.jpg (45 KB, 960x611) Image search: [Google]
Negan.jpg
45 KB, 960x611
Just got around to watching this. So what exactly was the issue with the season 6 finale? Outside of the standard TWD bullshit issues. I thought Negan's introduction was great.
>>
"Pee pee pants city."

Only JDM can get away with saying something like this and making it sound cool.
>>
I agree, loved Negan's intro and the whole episode itself. I almost never post/lurk here so I'm not sure what the problem anyone has with it is. Probably the typical hipster response to anything "mainstream".
>>
>>68116394
The problem was the ending itself. The entire episode was intense and a great episode but it's obvious what they're doing: waiting to see what the internets' response is before deciding who they're gonna kill off bc they're too pussy to let one of the "best" characters die.
>>
>>68116549
Was that really the main reason? I mean I cringed a little bit at that but the writing for the most part of TWD has always been mostly shit. DESU, I wasn't even really listening most of the time.
>>
>>68116587
>>68116394
The cliffhanger
>>
>>68116616
Fuck... yeah, I guess that makes a lot of sense. They are massive faggots when it comes to writing off a character.
>>
>>68116621
That was actually a really well wrote monologue he had and JDM pulled it off great.
>>
>>68116692
I'll have to watch it again. I was more focused on his body language which was also excellent. He's perfect casting.
>>
>>68116670
I kinda feel like they're asking "hey fans we don't want to upset you... how about Eugene?" when the only acceptable switch from Glenn would be Darrell atm. Darrell is an OK character but he has developed as far as he can... we get it you're a badass with a heart of gold.
>>
File: jdm.0.0.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jdm.0.0.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>68116394
>Mfw Papa Jeff is the saving grace of this show
>>
>>68117052
I want to find out who those people on the horses were.
>>
>>68116549
>Bruce Campbell
>Patric Warbuton
Any of those two could have made those lines sound cool.
>>
What ever happened to the remaining Wolves? Do you think they will come back into play?
>>
>>68116732
>He's perfect casting
>look like an aids victim
>stubble
>perfect casting
JDM gotta bulk up and shave.
>>
>>68117113
>"Found your horse"
>>
>>68117116
Patrick Warburton would have sounded too goofy with it.
>>
>>68117166
Huh? They're all dead anon. The ones that weren't killed in Alexandria and escaped were gunned down by Rick when he was on his way back.
>>
>>68117113
They're part of The Kingdom, another community under Negans rule
>>
>>68117266
Isn't that how Negan in the comics is? The "comical" serious type.

Warburton would have perfected Negan.

JDM got lucky because Nicotero was channel surfing late one night and came across JDM in a show and decided he wanted him as Negan. Not much care go into the casting it seems.
>>
>>68117303
Oh ya. What a forgettable series of events.
>>
>>68116394
The issue is how much they fucked up the original scene. The significance of the scene wasn't just negan showing up, it was the fact that when he showed up he brutally murdered one of the people that have been around since issue 1. And most importantly they showed it happen on screen (page) and it was one of the most sickening moments of the series. AMC somehow didn't fucking understand what made that scene so great, and that really is disappointing more than infuriating. Not because I want to be mad at AMC, but because I was really, really looking forward to seeing this moment onscreen. All that said, I will still give the show one more chance. If it picks up from the beginning of eenie meenie minie moe from a regular viewpoint and shows it all I will keep watching. But I am 100% for sure torrenting it after it airs, they're not getting me view after that Jewish bullshit.
>>
>>68117521
Tell me about it, I'm most disappointed in the fact that the leader never once uttered the line "Little pig, little pig let me in" like they do in the comics. Hell I thought that's why they changed their name from the DC Scavengers to the Wolves just so that line would have a little more "umph."
>>
So you thought the Walking Dead was just innawoods, silly fun? Think again. It is, in fact, the deepest television show of the last 15 years, providing a daring and shocking insight in the human psyche.

Enter Rick and Morgan, their outward appearance being similar to ordinary survivors, their characters and interactions however resembling the protagonists of plays and novels, by Camus, Beckett and Sarte, both trapped in existential loneliness, the abusive and destructive nature of their bond symbolizing the eternal conflict between the Freudian "Es" (the raw, primitive force of life, Rick) and the "Ich" (Morgan's defensive, realistic and rational nature).

Michonne, as the archetypical "Ueber-Ich" controls their interaction from a distance, her ninja magic symbolizing society's moral fibre, which has a dampening, smoothening effect on the eternal conflict between the Es and the Ich.

Thus, the three characters' interwoven personalities are metaphors for the mental processes which take place within the mind of a single individual. Morgan illustrates this philosophical principle by splitting herself in three, in episode 4. The three "Morgans" act like exaggerated segments of his own personality, and seen in this light, Rick, Morgan and Michonne, as representatives of the Es, Ich and Ueber-Ich respectively, possess the same amount of comical exaggeration and simplification, added to the archetypes that define their split personalities.

The "unused character" symbolizes God. Modern man, having no use for a higher power, assumed divine power and became God himself, symbolized by Morgan taking the Unused Character's place and usurping his characteristics.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>68117407
If Warburton hadn't done so many comedies and shit, I would agree with you. Warburton was a great villain in Tales From The Borderlands though. Roles like that he can pull off.
>>
Negan is a fictional character in the comic book series The Walking Dead. He was the leader of a group of over 50 survivors in Washington, DC called the Saviors, who extort other communities in the area for half of their resources in return for protection against roamers. The character's appearance is based on Henry Rollins, as confirmed by Charlie Adlard himself[1] and his excessive use of profanity was worked in by Robert Kirkman's own vernacular and derived from other people he knew.[2] Jeffrey Dean Morgan portrays Negan in the television series of the same name, and first appeared in the series' sixth season finale.[3]

After Rick Grimes and his fellow survivors agree to start a trading network with the Hilltop Colony, they are ambushed by the Saviors and are forced to obey Negan's rules and orders to give half of their supplies away like the other communities. Initially obedient, Rick and the others secretly prepare for war against the Saviors with the other communities in the DC area. Negan resides in an abandoned factory (being labelled 'Sanctuary') where most of the attractive women act as his wives (who were the other men's former girlfriends/wives). He soon grows fond of Rick's son, Carl Grimes.
>>
>>68116394
The cliffhanger at the end was bullshit
>>
Even though the cliffhanger sucked ass everything before it was great. Once they got corned by the saviors I just got tingles and could feel the anxiety and fear Rick and the group had. I was loving it when Negan walked out and gave his speech.
>>
File: 103.99.png (542 KB, 1172x1412) Image search: [Google]
103.99.png
542 KB, 1172x1412
>>68116394
Negan was too lanky, unimposing and unfunny.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oJnCJ_XS04U#t=2761
10/10
>>
>>68118381
100% of Negan's funny lines are based off his conversations with other characters. No one spoke in the last episode.
>>
>>68116394

i like jdm as negan desu senpai. wish the network allowed him to cuss more but whatever. the cliffhanger sucked dick but people are still gonna come back in october.
>>
Is it true the talking dead went full damage control? I heard even neagan's actor was speechless and looked disgusted
>>
>>68116760
he's showing signs of losing that heart of gold, he said he should've killed those people, and he clearly intends to handle situations like that differently if he gets the chance
I am slightly concerned though, because it's sort of a reversion, and they kind of sort of did a reversion with Carol-- she clearly can still kill people but the trauma is getting to her and she doesn't want to deal with it, so her usefulness and effective toughness have taken a hit
>>
>>68118381
I think JDM lost weight for another role and couldn't put it back on in time for the filming, at least I hope that's true, cus the skinny thing bugged me too, especially considering what he looked like in Watchmen.
>>
>Carol's character is complete ass
>Contrived situations just to get Morgan to kill someone
>Repetitive nature of the episode (roadblock, flee, roadblock, flee, and so on)
>Trevor's dialogue was a bit stilted
>Introductory monologue was at least three minutes too long and a little too heavy on the sinister side - I would have appreciated a bit more manic levity
>Not even a single 'Fuck'
>Useless red herring scenes like Eugene setting himself for self-sacrifice but, nah, he's okay
>The gigantic cocktease of an ending that ruined arguably the most iconic moment from the comic
A 5/10 only partially redeemed because JDM was fun to watch and Rick losing his shit and putting on his 'JUST' face was entertaining as hell
>>
>>68118446
They could have at least kept his race joke.
>>
>>68116394
Negan was perfect aside from the stupid censorship, it was that they turned the most iconic moment from the comics into a cheap cliffhanger for views.
>>
>>68118628
Kek this is a billion times better than the show monologue
>>
>>68118628
>heh i dont want to be called a racist
>i'll just kill this asian because the only race is black

bravo
>>
>>68118811
What the fuck are you on about? He literally brings up the race card as he's on Glenn, and he kills him because that's who "it" landed on moron.
>>
>>68117203
He shot the fuck out of that one guy. How does that fit in with his "Life matters" philosophy?
>>
>>68118811
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>68117765
in the second to last issue he said something like over 70 people he lead.
>>
>>68116394
Issue 100

The introduction was a copy paste from the comic, so that's why it was pretty great. Should have been shaved and the way JDM talks isn't how I imagined Negan sounding.

I thought the guy would be way more articulate.
>>
>>68116692
most of the dialogue that he had was lines taken directly from the comics, minus the fucks
>>
>>68116616
>>68116653
>>68117824
>>68118581
>>68118684
hah, you want closure, you want catharsis, that's cute
I'm not saying they intentionally denied that for artistic reasons instead of trying to figure out who to kill or give people a reason to watch next season, but it may have been a contributing factor to the decision, and it worked out relatively well IMHO
actually now that I'm remembering the whole Glenn being almost killed thing, I'm leaning more towards that being a factor
>>
Based Negan.
>>
The only people here who like this guy as Negan are homos who would like to fuck him.
>>
>>68119057

>b-b-buh it's not how I imagined it!

eat shit
>>
>>68116394
Why was Negan an aids-ridden bear? He looked like he wanted to get fucked by Abraham right there, how he touched his beard after looking at him, full of homolust
>>
File: 1459826337743.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459826337743.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>68119110
They turned what could have been an 8-9/10 episode of The Walking Dead into a 4-5/10 with their cliff hanger. Period, end of discussion.
>>
>>68119186
Fuck off idiot, I'm not complaining.

I've been waiting to see this guy on screen for 4 years.
>>
>>68118418
Steven Ogg is fucking based, I wish he was Negan
>>
>>68119186
it's also not how it was drawn...
>>
>>68119154
THIS GUY WOULDNT LET NEGAN FUCK THEM.

WHAT A FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>68119154

So?
>>
File: 1447182942650.png (94 KB, 363x273) Image search: [Google]
1447182942650.png
94 KB, 363x273
>>68119127
>Negan "Teach men not to rape"
>based
>>
>>68119288
>he likes meme actors
You're on the right board, kiddo
>>
>>68119464
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>68118628
Negan was meta as fuck
>>
>>68119443
>TWD hasn't had enough rapists
>>
>>68119464
fuck off faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 630x630
>>68118381
I always pictured Henry Rollins. I checked to see if anyone else thought that and it turns out Negan is based on Rollins.
>>
>>68119900
rollins is a mega manlet though. carl is taller than him.

and he isnt menacing, just self harm creepy.
>>
I have not been up to date but when Rick was lined up to be beheaded with the cannibals, his whole group over that tub, you're telling me then he didn't have that last level hopelessness bewilderment like with this Negan encounter? Please. All in all that prior scenario was way more difficult and seemingly hopeless.
>>
>>68118757
You don't find it a bit... Meta?
>>
I haven't even watched this shit but that's some weird bullshit.

Didn't they get the GoT memo that actually having some balls brings in more viewers than this 90s tier shit?
>>
>HOLY SHIT, GLENN GOT BEATEN TO SHIT IN THE FINALE

>HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE DIED BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHO

Is it really that hard to guess which would've generated hype over hate?
>>
File: igetit.jpg (82 KB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
igetit.jpg
82 KB, 1920x1078
Getting Lucilled and complimented by Negan in first person is a badass cliffhanger. A bad cliffhanger would've been "Hi, I'm Negan".
>>
File: image.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
image.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
Normies...
>>
>>68120287
What did you mean by that?
>>
>>68119443
>rapists
>based
>>
>>68119222
>if I post a smiling picture he won't think I'm still mad
>over a TV show
>having a dumb cliffhanger
>on the fucking season finale
>of The Walking Dead
>also a few seconds ruins 90 minutes
>>68120849
this
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.