[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>arrive in a new region >bring horse to a halt >say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefaultk.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultk.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
>arrive in a new region
>bring horse to a halt
>say name of the region out loud
>resume traveling
>>
>>68111857
BRAVO
>>
You just realized movie audiences are generally stupid?

Congratulations dumbfuck.
>>
>>68111857
Exposition achieved!
>>
File: 1457156050645.jpg (47 KB, 640x626) Image search: [Google]
1457156050645.jpg
47 KB, 640x626
>>68111857
>arrive on 4chan
>make a new thread
>posts a boring and unoriginal post
>>
hes telling shadowfax to go there
>>
Pippin had never seen the place before
>>
File: creed.jpg (58 KB, 736x455) Image search: [Google]
creed.jpg
58 KB, 736x455
>a sign like this could only mean one thing...
>what?
>war.
>>
>>68112417
He did the same with Edoras when he went there with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli
>>
>>68111857
Better than the book.
>Arrive at a new location
>Spend paragraphs talking about other things around the location, like I'm going to remember all these names and make sense of this stuff.
>Later call out these names that mentioned once in reference to other locations.

Holy shit, Tolkien.
>>
>>68114466
I wouldn't say Gimli or Legolas would've been to Edoras before that.
>>
A communication outage can only mean one thing.
>>
>>68112417
>>68114466
Well it's not like they have a goddamned GPS. You might not instantly be aware of when you've crossed a border into another country. Gandalf knows.

Also so the fucking audience knows.
>>
>>68114554
that's not really an issue in lotr. his other stuff though... i can't even remember the 3 hidden kingdoms
>>
>>68115041
There is only 1 hidden kingdom... Gondolin.
>>
File: final scoot.gif (3 MB, 569x367) Image search: [Google]
final scoot.gif
3 MB, 569x367
>teacher/professor gives a lecture to his class
>what he's discussing is thematically related to the plot
>>
I was with a travel guide hiking once and whenever we got to a landmark he would stop and say "BEHOLD xxxx"
>>
>>68115470
He probably meant Doriath and.. dunno what third one there could be? Valinor the Blessed Realm?
>>
>>68111857
I do this whenever I cross state lines. I pull over at the nearest rest stop, get out of my car, stare down the road, and state the name of the state I just entered. Then I proceed with traveling.
>>
>>68115593
How do you even pronounce that ? "Behold exexex" ?
>>
THE VALLEY OF IMLADRIS
>>
>>68114847
>and so the fucking audience knows

Wowee, you think so? You're so smart, anon
>>
mwaaaah the helms deep has always been noted for its foritifactions
>>
File: reaction image #212412541353.jpg (7 KB, 188x152) Image search: [Google]
reaction image #212412541353.jpg
7 KB, 188x152
Is this the thinly-veiled /lotr/ thread?
>>
>>68111857
His balls hurt from the three days of horseback riding and wants to take a moment to take a good look at one of the most beautiful pieces of architecture in Middle Earth, give him a break.

>>68117638
It is now
>>
Hey, real quick as I've been gone a while. Are we starting Lord of the Rings threads with this post now or can I still fall back on the whole eagle thing? Need to program my bots accordingly.
>>
>>68118001
Does anybody really fall for the Eagle thing anymore? I thought this had been explained to death.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.