[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A couple weeks ago I started to watch Trailer Park Boys.It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Trailer Park Boys.jpg (306 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
Trailer Park Boys.jpg
306 KB, 1536x1024
A couple weeks ago I started to watch Trailer Park Boys.It was fun, not hilarious but it was funny. If I would be younger I might be dying of laugh by watching this but I had this comfy feel all the time while watching this. Also the cast feels comfy too and besides it kinda repeats the same formula it didn't feel too repetitive.

I finished watching the season 7 (I believe is when it really ends the series) and im watching the movies right now. The First one I liked besides it wasn't canon and the second (that one where Jim steals their money and sends them back to jail) not so much, I didn't see the point in that one.

My question is : I should keep going and watch season 8,9 and 10? I read that they are not so good and the celeb thing made the series lose the way.

Also for the Canadians here, is TPB the tipical show that almost every country has that has a long run and everyone loves/hates?
>>
>>68097952
watch "say goodnight to the bad guys" i think its still on netflix, its a tv movie that comes right after s7. It's great
>>
>>68098055
that one is the second one I believe, I didnt like it.
>>
File: 1433520101274.jpg (81 KB, 719x536) Image search: [Google]
1433520101274.jpg
81 KB, 719x536
They are not very good at all, the only moment I actually laughed out loud was when all this crazy shit is happening on screen and Lahey casually calls Julian Patrick Swayze
>>
>>68098092
ok, it was the one where they have a dance at the end. another one to watch is the xmas special, it acts as a prequel
>>
>is TPB the tipical show that almost every country has that has a long run and everyone loves/hates?
I think this is a much better description of Corner Gas than anything else.

Anyway, the netflix seasons are pretty mediocre and everyone is all... old. It's weird. The idea of men in their mid 40s behaving like this is just depressing.
>>
>>68098381
>Corner Gas
its this any good? its on Netflix?
>>
>>68097952

as a Canadian I can say that it is rarely talked about, at least not in the circles I'm in I guess

we're not the best at paying attention to/discussing our own cultural products
>>
>>68098455
>its this any good?
I've only seen a handful of episodes, it's alright. It's about a really dull town in the middle of Saskatchewan.
>>
>>68098455
Comfy as fuck
>>
>>68097952
Don't bother with the netflix seasons.

It was never even too big in Canada. It was 10 years ago that it was on tv. The channel it was on was a cable channel, that not everyone had. And the new episodes where just for April and May usually.

They would go around in character to promote it, but it would never really work because they were out of their element.

Canada doesn't really have a show like that, because we can just watch American shows. Chapelle's Show was a much bigger deal in Canada.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.