[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Muppets were just Muppets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: taliban recruit.jpg (62 KB, 634x423) Image search: [Google]
taliban recruit.jpg
62 KB, 634x423
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/television/2016/04/09/zari-puppet-afghan-sesame-street/82832732/
>>
>>68095105

You're ignorant:

>Jim Henson, creator of The Muppets, was initially reluctant to work on Sesame Street, but joined due to social concerns of the time.
>>
>>68095105
>Remember when Muppets were just Muppets?

There was a time when Cookie monster couldn't eat cookies anymore because it sent a bad message, never mind there were numerous skits of him promoting healthy foods as well.
>>
thats still a muppet, bitch looks like an eggplant.
>>
Can't wait for the episode when Zari learns about stoning.
>>
>>68095105
No. Muppets were always liberal hippy propaganda.
>>
>Almost no muppet wears clothes that relate to a particular ethnia, country or whatever
>Almost no muppet has a color that related to a particular race
>"We need an afghan muppet!"
I don't understand current year
>>
>muslim
>feminist
>>
>>68095105
>Mascara
>Makeup
>Color wicks
I call beheading in her 3rd episode
>>
>wanted to make a character that was a girl to not be misoginstic
>character who lives in a country that is misoginstic

I do not get it
>>
It says right in the article that she's on the Afghanistan version of the show.
>>
>>68095276
My point is that Muppets really weren't bound by cultural costuming, except perhaps Dr. Mayhem and the Electric Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
>>
>>68095221
Cite?
>>
>>68095536
>expecting anyone including the OP bothered to read the article they're arging about
Do you have any idea where you are, son?
>>
>>68095609

First line of second paragraph:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sesame_Street_Muppets
>>
I can't wait for the white puppets to accuse her of developing weapons of mass destruction, and then carpet bomb her family.
>>
File: oscar.png (1 MB, 708x1155) Image search: [Google]
oscar.png
1 MB, 708x1155
>>68095746
Okay, so he was initially reluctant. But the result were Muppets that were just monsters and animals not culturally bound through costuming, unless you think living in a garbage can is something unique to the U.S. Now, it's just gone overboard with PC baloney.
>>
>>68096206
>Le religion of peace

The only good pedo-worshipper is a dead one.
>>
>>68095248
>There was a time when Cookie monster couldn't eat cookies anymore because it sent a bad message
Cookie Monster was originally created as a TV commercial character to sell junk food prior to Sesame Street. The whole healthy food propaganda didn't come along until at least the 90s.
>>
>>68095105
You do know that this is being held in the Afghanistan version of Sesame Street right?
>>
>>68096223
Holy shit, it's just in the Afghanistan version of the show. I bet if you lived in the 80's went it started to air in Russia you'd be pissed.
>>
File: executed for no head scarf.png (424 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
executed for no head scarf.png
424 KB, 475x356
>>68096552
Yep. Don't need culturally distinctive Muppets to teach kids stuff.
>>
File: Russian Muppet Zeliboba.jpg (31 KB, 300x607) Image search: [Google]
Russian Muppet Zeliboba.jpg
31 KB, 300x607
>>68096651
Here's a Russian version. Where's the Cossack hat? Point is, there's virtually nothing here that's culturally specific. I guess the character's blue color has something to do with spirits, but that's it.
>>
>>68095105
Remember when everyone was super racist and died during childbirth?
Times change grandpa.
>>
>>68097084
>>68096855
Head scarves is what Afghan people normally wear though
>>
>>68096855
You're whining about fucking nothing
>>
>>68095411
???
There are a bunch of Hispanic and black muppets.
>>
>>68095580
>Muppets really weren't bound by cultural costuming
Two of the most well known muppets have been gay for decades.
>>
>>68096855
Does it really matter? It's in Afghanistan, and everybody wears a headscarf so it's not culturally distinctive there.
>>
>>68095105
Sesame Street has international characters for different countries. In one country there's a muppet with AIDS.
>>
>>68097992
Ernie and Bert are not gay
>>
I don`t get the problem with this. It`s a Afghan muppet. So what?
>>
>>68100127

LEFTIST LIBERAL PROPAGANDA ONLY WHITE MUPPETS SHOULD EXIST
>>
File: 1460203148242.jpg (18 KB, 264x420) Image search: [Google]
1460203148242.jpg
18 KB, 264x420
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR
ALLAHU AKBAR
>>
>>68100127
Because it is teaching girls things that Allah did not intend them to learn.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.