[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/ba tman-v-superman-scree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: bvs.jpg (11 KB, 300x155) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
11 KB, 300x155
>http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/batman-v-superman-screening-gets-standing-ovation-affleck-gettin/

>http://www.cinemablend.com/new/R-Rated-Batman-V-Superman-Cut-May-Coming-Theaters-123667.html

Are you ready for the 3-hour Director's Cut, /tv/, the way Zack Snyder intended the film to be seen in the first place?
>>
>>68088705
The new Kingdom of Heaven?
>>
The 2.5 hrs was a painful piece of shit.

Why would I subject to 3 hrs of it? and PAY for it again?
>>
>>68088705

I just want to see Jena Malone's tits.
>>
>>68088705
>pay for ticket to watch BvS
>''oh no sorry, that was the shit version. here, this is the good version, now pay again.''
>>
this might be the most desperate thing in film history, but its kinda cool anyways.
>>
>>68088764
>Jena Malone
>tits
>>
this is marketing 2016 everybody
>snyder reads reviews of his capeshit movie
>"oh noes! if ppl dont like it it wont make enough money on bluray for my new yacht!"
>"better add a strip club scene, seemed to work in deadpool"
>"if i re-release the film in cinemas all the DCucks will go and see it"
>>
>make a shitty movie
>I KNOW HOW WE CAN IMPROVE IT, WE MAKE IT LONGER
Poor Synder.
>>
>>68088817

You heard me
>>
File: dip.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
dip.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>68088705
I figured you'd have to wait for the bluray to see the directors cut
>>
>>68088920
What's the point of this gif?
>>
>>68089148
Double dipping.
>>
>>68089148

He double dipped, you're not supposed to double dip.
>>
This is why I don't trust the early Civil War reviews. The fans fuckin loved BvS at those early screenings, but it was a pile of shit.
>>
>>68088705
>critics said my movie was too long, too dark, and too miserable
>let's increase all of those factors and then re-release the movie
>>
New untold levels of damage control
>>
>>68088705

is Lex still an angsty, neurotic fool?
is Doomsday still in it?
is Superman still an angsty, whiny bitch?
is Lois still a retard running around being a human plot device?

then no, i am not ready...
>>
If you can't fit a decent flick into 2.5h then you should fucking stop making movies.

Cut out all that JUSTice League shit nobody wanted to see anyway and replace them with scenes that make the movie better.

I'm just sitting here and even I know how to make a better movie than Hack Snyder.
>>
>>68089363
The theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven was pretty shit.

Adding nearly an additional hour made it near-masterpiece tier.

Now, I'm not going to say that adding time will by any means make BvS a masterpiece, but the notion that doing so can not vastly improve movies is simply false.
Some movies simply operate better as epic-length features, and in the case of BvS, the biggest problem with it is that it's dealing with probably 4 hours of material crammed into 2.5 hours.
>>
>>68088705

I fucking hate Snyder's Superman so much. I'd rather they just leave him dead and have Batman carry the movies like he does anyway. Fuck this Superman.
>>
>>68089363
>Cut out all that JUSTice League shit
That's like at most 5 minutes of the movie. AT MOST.
It's nowhere near as invasive as say, Age of Ultron, which is literally a 2 hour advertisement for more movies.
>I'm just sitting here and even I know how to make a better movie than Hack Snyder
Ok, you got me.
3/10
>>
>>68088705

I fucking hate Snyder's Superman so much. Goddamn is he boring. Can't they just leave him dead and have Batman carry the films like he does anyway? Fuck this.
>>
>>68089531
The Justice League stuff isn't long, but it completely fucks up the pacing. The fight buildup was going fairly well, then the laptop scene gets placed in and I didn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>68089438
>>>68088705
>
>I fucking hate Snyder's Superman so much. I'd rather they just leave him dead and have Batman carry the movies like he does anyway. Fuck this Superman.
That actually is something they are thinking about doing.
>>
>>68088705
Can we get a G-rated cut where Batman doesn't use machine guns to mow down several dozen people?
>>
>>68088705

this should hopefully remedy the issues many had with its pacing and editing. hopefully.
>>
>>68088764
There was Jena Malone?
>>
>>68089566
>>>68089531
>The Justice League stuff isn't long, but it completely fucks up the pacing. The fight buildup was going fairly well, then the laptop scene gets placed in and I didn't give a shit anymore.
Laptop scene would have served better as a post credits scene.
Actually, it would have fit pretty good as a post credits scene.

I would expect in the directors cut they move it to somewhere else
>>
>LET'S REMIND THE AUDIENCE THAT BRUCE WAYNE'S PARENTS WERE MURDERED IN CASE THEY HAVEN'T HEARD OF BATMAN BEFORE
If you've never seen a Batman movie then this isn't the time to start.
>>
File: survey[1].jpg (38 KB, 800x605) Image search: [Google]
survey[1].jpg
38 KB, 800x605
>>68089602

Her scene(s) were cut from the movie, she's Barbara Gordon.
>>
>>68089602
>There was Jena Malone?
She plays Gordon's wife. Her entire swath of scenes were cut.

A lot was cut.
There was probably like 5 hours of shot footage for this movie. We need a 3.5 hour cut of this movie.
>>
>>68089435
The theatrical cut of KoH suffered from not having scenes to set up certain things and establish why certain characters act the way they do.
Take the mother (whatsherface). In the theatrical cut it seems like she went loco for no reason but in the DC it's further expanded upon and made more natural.

To make BvS good then you would need to replace or cut scenes, not add more of them.
>>
>>68089654
>She plays Gordon's wife.

Pretty sure she's playing the Oracle/Batgirl version.
>>
File: 1455235539641.gif (391 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1455235539641.gif
391 KB, 500x372
>>68089580
Sure you can, it's called Super Friends.
>>
>a shitty 3 hour capeshit movie by one of the worst hacks of a director will now how DCcucks saying "you need to see the director's cut, its amazing! It totally saves the fact that it's a shitty movie with an awful wonder woman and Luthor!"
>>
File: 1438263635940.jpg (22 KB, 320x322) Image search: [Google]
1438263635940.jpg
22 KB, 320x322
>>68088705
>29%
>wont break 1B worldwide
>>
>>68088705
Snyder needs to git gud as a director.
>>
>>68089693
Comments like these prove pretty much that my speculation of most of the hate this movie is getting is from people that have a pre-conceived idea of what the characters are like going in and are unwilling to accept any expiramentation with them.

This Superman has a diety complex.
This batman kills.
This Lex is quirky.
This wonder woman is Jewish.

Deal with it
>>
>>68089686

>Superfriends has an episode where the entire Justice League is murdered but it was all a ruse at the end
>>
>>68089655

To be fair a director's cut isn't limited to just adding scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the cuts made to trim the run time necessitated reshooting scenes to ensure some semblance of coherence.

With the replacement of the original scenes, they could modify, take out, or change existing scenes according to the material they had originally.
>>
>>68089654
>3.5 hours
I'd watch it
I'd gladly watch a 4 hour cut, same goes for the future JL film.
>>
>>68089757
>>
cape?

kino.
>>
>>68089757

Wasn't it reported that when the WB execs gave a standing ovation to BvS it was the 4-hour uncut version? I didn't think the Ultimate Edition would even restore it to the original cut.
>>
>>68089742
>pre-conceived idea
It's not pre-concieved you dumb fuck, these are established characters

There is a difference between you going in thinking "Superman should do this and this" and 50+ years of established characterization
>>
>>68089750
>To be fair a director's cut isn't limited to just adding scenes

OPs article is mentioning how it's gonna be a 3h cut. That's 30 more minutes alone.
>>
>>68089852

I meant that adding scenes will be a part of it, but also lengthening scenes already in the film will probably also be included in the run time which may remedy some of the issues with pacing and editing.
>>
>>68089655
>To make BvS good then you would need to replace or cut scenes, not add more of them.

OK not the guy you're discussing this with but you could not be more polarized from the truth here.

Batman v Superman has too many things that are not fleshed out. Simply cutting them won't help matters. They need more substance.

Look at the deleted communion scene:
https://youtu.be/s-MUzvASr8s
Already, that makes the whole DINGDINGDINGDING thing so much more tolerable and understandable, and that's just one scene
>>
>>68088705
You guys will make me watch this shitty movie by shilling so hard against it.

Watchmen is one of the only decent superhero movies i've seen. On the other end, The Avengers, the absolute bullcrap no-story no-character non-original piece of shit seems to be the supreme ruler on /tv/ - and the last movie of the type i've seen.
>>
>>68089921
>Already, that makes the whole DINGDINGDINGDING thing so much more tolerable and understandable

No it doesn't, it makes the movie even dumber

Why would Joker Jr. try his hardest to kill Superman when he has knowledge about actual evil aliens setting their sights on Earth
>>
>movies
>ovation
That's the most stupid, uneducated thing that can exist, no matter how good the film can be, which is not the case here
>>
>>68089818
>It's not pre-concieved you dumb fuck, these are established characters
The only established character before this movie was superman and that's only because he already had a movie. You're proving what I just said, that because it's not YOUR superman and batman that it drives you up a fucking wall.
>There is a difference between you going in thinking "Superman should do this and this" and 50+ years of established characterization
Muh superman that flies around the world to reset time.
Muh peaceful batman.

There are so many different caricatures of these characters over the last century it isn't even funny. The dark batman character that everyone relates to now wasn't even a thing before the late 80s. It was all slapstick and funny.
Lex has been black before.

Get off your podium. This isn't your movie. If you want to portray the characters differently, go make your own BvS film.
>>
>>68089654
She plays Barbara.
>>
>>68089921
Holy shit you're retarded.
That scene takes place after doomsday is defeated
>>
I'm glad I waited to see just this one
>>
>BvS gets bad reviews
>watch entire movie waiting for it to get bad
>it's about average for CapeShit

I'll go see the 3 hour version. I liked it more than most cape flicks anyway...some of the pacing problems might be fixed with a longer cut.
>>
File: 1456688837735.jpg (136 KB, 1000x533) Image search: [Google]
1456688837735.jpg
136 KB, 1000x533
>>68090105
>Lex has been black before.

Don't take that bait, guys.
>>
>>68089742
Just cause they are different doesn't mean they are good.

Superman is just boring for a movie where his existence triggers everyone he is barely in it and does hardly anything.

Having batman slowly become more violently would have made more sense than him instantly shooting everyone up.

Same with Lex having him gradually show how crazy he is as events happen instead of him being a shady psyhco from the get go.

Wonder woman just wasn't in the movie enough and comes off as such a after thought.
>>
>>68090148
Meant to reply to >>68090007

I fucking hate this app.
What the fuck happened to clover? Why isn't it in the app store?
>>
>>68090007
This. Im not into either capeshit spergteam avustice unuion comic crap; i watched this because of the bad reviews. I couldnt care less about the characters not being canon, but luthor's motivations are just confusing.
>>
>>68090105
HeY 70s Batman was serious before the Frank Miller dark knight era.
It's not like batman was dick sprang the entire run up till mid 80s
>>
A longer shot film is not going to change the painfully generic and rushed ending, it's just going to make the interesting parts more painfully contrived.
>>
File: 82359857928592.jpg (81 KB, 542x727) Image search: [Google]
82359857928592.jpg
81 KB, 542x727
>>68088705
>Rumor
>May be
>>
>>68089921
I knew what lex was talking about but I can understand why people that don't have some knowledge of these comics will be lost, we'll besides being an obvious sequel set up.
I didn't even know this scene existed until you showed it and it definitely helps.

It's like resident evil afterlife, I know why wesker out of knowhere has super powers and tentacles coming out of his mouth and a big dude that's not a zombie randomly attacks the protagonist, but people that didn't play the games will have no fucking clue, there's no context to why this happens and the director or Writter expects you to know this before watching the film. it doesn't matter if the majority who watched this film are people that played the game or read the comics know about it, you have to explain it to a degree.
>>
>>68089638
lol what the fuck , wb is this desperate hahaha
>>
>make it 3 hours, then it will finally be good!
If anything, the film should be cut down to 100 minutes. There is so much filler in the film especially the subplots involving Lex Luthor. If I was editing the film, I would make the first time that the audience sees Luthor is when Lois Lane is brought to him. The government officials agreeing to Luthor's demands could have been just been a scene of them talking about it without Eisenberg.

Also you can edit the film, with the existing footage, in a way in which Batman doesn't kill anyone. You don't need to scene of Batman in the Batwing firing a machine gun at that guy or the senseless destruction that Batman was causing in the Batmobile. Hell, all you keep from the latter sequence is Batman firing a tracer onto the truck. Thats it. I would throw out the Superman confrontation because it adds nothing to the film.

I wish I had access to the assembly footage because I know that I could edit the film. The film can be redeemed with the current scenes shot if it was in the hands of someone competent.
>>
>>68090228
>Just cause they are different doesn't mean they are good.
Nor bad.
>Superman is just boring for a movie where his existence triggers everyone he is barely in it and does hardly anything.
"He is barely in it and does hardly anything"
K
>Having batman slowly become more violently would have made more sense than him instantly shooting everyone up.
This batman is already retired. That build up already happened.
>Same with Lex having him gradually show how crazy he is as events happen instead of him being a shady psyhco from the get go.
You're literally asking for a drawn out TV show at this point.
>Wonder woman just wasn't in the movie enough and comes off as such a after thought.
I agree that she is an after thought in this, but pretty much everyone enjoyed her in the movie all the say. For a lot of critics even, she was their favorite part.
>>
File: 1460243020609.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1460243020609.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>68088705
DC
LOL
>>
>>68090223
>we will never get a serious live action lex on the big screen, the closest we got was spacey.
>>
>>68089742
The average comic fag hates anything that deviates from their perceived version, a chimeric blob made from 70 years of writers, artists and editors.
>>
>>68090395

The average moviefag will gobble down the regurgitated soulless trash of a music video director and call it a kino masterpiece
>>
>>68090338
This is the most conniving, menacing Lex we have literally ever seen.
I'm perfectly ok with how the quirkiness covers up the hostility and anger he has.

One of my close friends was beaten as a kid. That doesn't leave you. It defines you and to this day (he's 28) the every day person he puts forward is a front. He's actually filled with despair. He even killed his dog randomly because he's just so filled with emotion still.
>>
>>68090334
Lois Lane is way more relevant to the plot than he was. More people talk about superman than him actually doing anything.

Off screen build up sure. But he still went from branding to machines guns instantly. During the film I wanted to see him gradually lose control.

I don't want a tv series, they easily could have shown lex being more visibly crazy each scene.

desu most of the dumb shit in this move could have been solved if the second film in a franchise wasn't a fucking cross over.
>>
>>68090479
but anon, can't you see that person power fantasy fulfillment on screen is more important than anything?
>>
>>68090338
smallville lex is the best
>>
>>68090270
The entire doomsday sequence is really beyond saving.

It's only saving grace is that wonder woman is in it and is admittedly entertaining.

The rest of the movie however can be improved with more explanation and characterization.
If anythinh, 3 hours may not be enough, but it can help.
But if it's just more dream sequence footage, more BVS fight footage, and more doomsday footage, it's going to be pointless.
>>
>>68090479
>This is the most conniving, menacing Lex we have literally ever seen.
>I'm perfectly ok with how the quirkiness covers up the hostility and anger he has.

This is a Joker wanabe that completely misses the point of Lex Luthor
>>
>>68089237
He's also wiping his hands off over bowls of food
Want an asshole.
>>
>>68089757
This
They should have normie cut (<3 hrs muh attention span) and true kinographer's cut.
>>
>>68090575
>Muh lex
>>
>>68090504
personally i don't buy into that, with alfred telling him he's losing it and all the references to past events that fed into his current mindset i don't need to see bruce mulling over his actions
and lex did have gradual change,
>>
>>68090479
I actually agree with this completely.

As soon as Lex explained that his father beat him, his entire character made perfect sense to me
>>
>>68088705
Will they removed Lex?
If not, it won't fix the movies problems.
>>
>>68088705
The scene where Lois gets raped and doesn't tell Superman about it felt really out of place
>>
>>68090595
Fuck off normie
>>
>>68090595
>Greatest genius in human history becomes bitter because he thinks he was wrongfully robed of his chance to save humanity with the arrival of the Ãœbermensch

vs

>Whine Mark Zuckerberg who is angry his dad locked him in a closet and hates God because of it

Tell me how Joker Jr. was a better choice then the comic version of Lex
>>
>>68090624
show > tell

Lex was crazy from scene one. The worst was him crazing it up the first time he was told no.

this movie was really missing subtlety in any way
>>
>>68090479
sounds nothing like lex.
>>
>>68090747
nah lex changes through the movie srs mannerisms aside, which actually get more intense as the movie progresses....

and the change for bruce is being #triggered into seeing himself for who he is and changing.
>>
>>68090337
Was this directed by joss whedon?
Looks like something out of avengers.
>>
>>68090595
they should've made a new villain called Max Landis instead of Lex
>>
>>68088705
snyder directors cuts are always superior to the theatrical cut. this is known.
>>
>/tv/ up in arms over this movie
>critics hate it
>finally go see it

>that opening
Yeah Bruce floating was weird but the music makes it work for me. Honestly the music is probably the best part of this movie. Much better than Man of Steel, so I guess junkie is more to thank than Zimmer?
>man of Steel finale from Bruce's perspective
That was fucking great. Had a lot of weight to it.
>Middle East sub plot
Pointless imho.
Why not just have superman answering for metropolis? Why make up another scenario? Do people actually believe supes flew to Syria or wherever and killed people with bullets?
>This batman
I guess I'll go on record and say I'm 100% ok with batman killing people, and I think this iteration makes it work. Plus I love that batman is a fucking ninja again. I was so bored with bale and hardly slugging it out like a drunken brawl.
>that Congress scene
The entire theater went silent. Very powerful, don't understand the hate.
>Lex
Worked fine for me. Obviously this is a new character with the same name. That tower scene was very good.
>the fight
Pretty entertaining. Much better than...
>doomsday
Sigh. I guess WW was nice.
>The death
Should have stuck with it. Maybe they still will.

All in all it was OK.
Definitely a bit of a mess here and there, but I don't see the horrible movie others do
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>>68089944
The first Avengers was okay. Age of Ultron was fucking garbage (and I was actually hyped for Spader).

I wouldn't mind a DC (kek) of BvS, but there is no way in hell I'd go back to a theater to watch it unless the theater manager gave me a remote control with a pause button so I can piss and take smoke breaks.
>>
>>68090867
yeah i don't get the lex hate either

as i was watching the movie all i thought it "it's just some guy, whatever" and just watched the movie without thinking about him
>>
>>68090900
90% of the hate this movie gets is from people who have a chiseled-in-stone strict opinion of what these characters have to be like and any deviation from that sets off their autism.

For what it's worth, the movie is a fucking mess, but it's pretty entertaining at times and has some great scenes here and there.
>>
>>68090942
>chiseled-in-stone strict opinion of what these characters have to be like
One that ironically isn't based on the comics at all but rather public opinion.
It's just an endless circlejerk of plebs parroting shit to fit in. Most have no fucking clue what superman or batman are actually like in the comics nor have they actually read one of their stories.
>>
>>68090867
>The entire theater went silent
That's how theaters are supposed to be already.
>>
>>68090881
>2016
>being a slave to something that is over time making you age poorly, is expensive as fuck, and will probably give you cancer and kill you

Your opinions on the movies I agree with though.
>>
>>68090942
>For what it's worth, the movie is a fucking mess
It's not worth a lot when you provide no reasons for why you feel that way.
>>
>>68090900
Because Lex is great antagonist that you often find yourself agreeing with

This is just another Joker rendition
>>
>>68090998
Not in this country.
Honestly I kind of like it.

The Fast and Furious movies are pretty meh on their own but watching them opening night drunk with a very audibly reactionary theater is fun as fuck.
>>
killing is zod makes sense, he will never stop and is too op to just lock up
killing random goons without a second thought that can be easily taken down with all 100 martial arts you've learned or million dollar gadgets and fancy vehicles you have at your disposal, not okay.

why did bats kill some goons but not others? like the one he branded? what is his logic into picking the people he murders or not? why did he drag those goons in the car and then crushed them to another group of goons? what logic is this? yeah he's been through a lot, he's old, he's pissed, he's not going to deal with your Bullshit but that doesn't excuse him for random killings.
I can deal with a batman( that's not Thomas) that kills, but when it makes sense, not just cause. Batman already shit the tracer on the vehicle, was crushing like 8 bodies with 2 cars necessary? no.
>>
>>68091081
Do you live in Africa?
>>
File: leo.jpg (20 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
20 KB, 716x724
>>68088705
>>68089654
>>68089757
>guys stop criticizing this movie, it was amazing
>MUH Snyder's vision
>guise the R rated Director's cut will be good I promise

>>68090867
>opening
we didnt need to see the same scene 5 times in a row. It was visually pleasing, but that's not enough, too much style. and the whole parents/tomb thing was just to set up MUH MARTHA
>MoS finale from Bruce's perspective
it was good, but only an effect of the harsh criticism they got for mos
>middle east subplot
that was retarded, and Lex's involvement is even more so
>batman
yep, only good thing about the movie, I dig Affleck as bats.
still, screenwriters dropped the ball not showing us WHY he finally broke his rule
>congress scene
wasted opportunity, we could finally have had a scene where we delve into Superman's struggle and let him explain why he does what he does. Which we havent actually gotten in 2 movies
>Lex
Eisenberg did well, but the character was a poor choice (of course now every bad guy is a quirky white 20something billionaire, hollywood just knows how to parrot stuff that works), the character was written by a retard
>batman fight with the henchmen
amazing
>batman fight with supes
a let down
>doomsday
beyond retarded
>death
same

also
>dream sequences
>anything regarding Justice League
>>
>>68091150
why are you quoting me?
>>
>>68088705
>It may be in theatres?

YES YES YESSSSSS OHHHHHHH YES
>>
>>68091010
i don't get the joker comparisons either
at best they're superficial
and it worries me that people can't pick up on the totality of body language, mannerisms, speech patterns, and facial expressions that are different between these two characters on screen
>>
>>68091081
>Honestly I kind of like it
You'll justify anything once you get used to it. It's still shit and the experience is still worse.
>>
>>68091247
>You'll justify anything
that goes both ways brah, that on it's own doesn't make for a final indictment of any opinion
>>
>>68090244
Not-serious Batman is the anomaly, not the other way around.
>>
>>68091150
>still, screenwriters dropped the ball not showing us WHY he finally broke his rule

Robin dying, him feeling worthless and the end of MoS, did you not listen to Alfred at all?
>>
>>68091837
I forgot to say I would have liked more backstory for example about robin. it wasnt Mos's events that made him change
>>
and DCucks keeping saying they've already made a huge profit
>>
>>68089438
maybe he'll be different when he gets resurrected ;_;
>>
>>68091875
We are getting a solo batflek movie
>>
File: chappelle.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
chappelle.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>68091951
>yfw he's golden age jerk Supes
>>
>>68091968
how does that work...is leto gonna do the joker in that as well?
>>
>>68092001
No he's gonna do Robin
>>
>>68090867
>Pointless imho
I think it was to show Lex as a mastermind that had a hand in screwing Supes over by pushing him into a no-win political shitstorm. Metropolis cant be used for that bc Lex didn't plan that obviously. Could have been done differently though.

>Do people actually believe supes flew to Syria or wherever and killed people with bullets?
They think his presence provoked the terrorists to chimp out and kill the villagers
>>
>>68091875
Yes it was, that's why Alfred said "new rules" metropolis was the straw that broke the camel's back
>>
>>68092129
wait...so he goes from not ever taking a life no matter the consequences, to mowing down everybody he sees, splattering them with the batmobile and exploding them? I was ok with it not having noticed/ having forgotten alfred's comment and now you made it worse goddamit
>>
>>68088705
I don't see how add extra scenes will make Superman or Batman heroic, eseciwlly since they were cut out for being too violent.
>>
>>68088705
>http://comicbook.com/2015/08/07/batman-v-superman-screening-gets-standing-ovation-affleck-gettin/
Andrew Steinbeiser- 08/07/2015

08/07/2015

08/07/2015

08/07/2015
>>
>>68092286
>Doesn't understand what in house screening means
>>
>>68090942
I'm fine w/ Batman killing bc it's always been a conflict recurring with his character (BvS just chose to explore what he's like when he crosses the line), but I don't understand adapting a character then doing a complete 180 on him like they did with Lex. You could change Lex's character to Riddler and do the same stuff and that would probably make more sense
>>
>>68089435
you could have Zack Snyder make a fucking 24 hour film and it would still be pretentious and miss the point of these characters.

and 23 of those hours are pointing out that SUPERMAN IS JESUS!

its like someone told him that whole thing about how " superheroes are the modern version of Greek mythology", and he was like "yes...let's make a whole film that points that out."
>>
>>68090971
its not like most of the comics with these characters are these masterpieces of work where their arcs or changes made 100% sense. the public opinion is the culmination of ideas and characteristics that make these characters endearingg to the wider audience. ignoring the bigger picture of that is fine, if youre warner bros and you can afford to gamble money to change it up a bit, but hire people that can understand storytelling and how to make the new interpretations of these characters work in the context of the film and for the wider audience thats used to the public perception of batman and superman.

problem is, the film is convulted in its character development, either for zack snyder not using his visual storytelling skills to make superman anything more than a selfish hero who is saving people more for saving face than because he actually wants to save anyone other than lois and his mom, or giving lex the time of day to develop his schizo personality. MAYBE 30 minutes will do that, who knows.

in any case, I feel like the film is being judged as a film. I dont think it was "too dark" or "unfun" in my opinion, but it is a very self indulgent, pretentious film trying to ignore the fact that its trying to copy Marvel's success in the greediest, most slapdashed way. you cant try to make this universe without appealing to why people love these heroes. same with any art: you have to learn the rules in order to break them
>>
>>68089944
I hated both the avengers. Clearly made for (man)children
>>
>>68090578
>Want an asshole

I got a hot tight wet one for ya bb
>>
>>68092040
>No he's gonna do Robin
Snyder has already come out and said this is the original joker and Robin is dead
>>
>>68092199
No, he's been doing this for a while.

Likely since Robin died.

And he's not going out of his way to kill. Usually it's just branding and if you get in the way of the batmobile you're retarded.
>>
>Thinking more footage will fix characterization
Can't wait for thirty more minutes of "characterization" like Batman being upset after a flashback and Superman doing messianic poses.
>>
>>68092375
This is Lex jr.

The movie makes this very clear.
This isn't supes arch nemesis lex
>>
>>68093215
i like how they did that move to distance this lex from past iterations "in the most subtle way" yet it did jack shit
ay but straight up the 'problem' with this lex is that he doesn't fulfill the power fantasy. that's it
>>
>>68093181
>Lex hires private security to escort cargo
>Probably didn't know anything about the cargo besides that it was important
>Literally just working
>Bruce murders them with no second thought
>>
This entire thread:
>Muh characters

The sad thing is the movie is chuck filled of actual flaws but nobody wants to discuss them because they're too upset that Batman and Supes weren't portrayed the way THEY wanted.
>>
I really liked it, and my friends really liked it. Why is it getting so much hate?

I just don't understand /tv/
>>
>>68093269
>Lex hires private security to escort cargo
If that's what you call a bunch of hired criminals, sure.
>Probably didn't know anything about the cargo besides that it was important
Right, that's why they were armed with bazookas and a shit ton of firearms
>Literally just working
Jesus Christ anon
>Bruce murders them with no second thought
So this is what it's come to?
We're just going to straight up lie about things to shit on the movie some more?
>>
>>68093109
How does that go against what I said?
Have they said anything about whether or not the movie will be set before MoS?
>>
>>68093413
>tv/
This is the pleb opinion of the general public, my man.
>>
>>68093413
I've talked to probably 30 different people about the movie now.
Every single one of them at least somewhat enjoyed it, though it's worth noting that only one of them thought it was "amazing".

It's only when I look at critics and online that I see straight up discontent for the movie, but you people hate literally everything.
>>
>>68093413
/tv/ hyperbole, this place is filled with reddit manchildren who are fans of everything disney/marvel.
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1200x840
>>
>>68093438
No.

My guess is it will take place after Justice League.

We have seen so many batman origin movies and even BvS had that slipped in there.

I'll still hold out hope for a court of owls based batman movie.
>>
>>68093462
>>68093467
>>68093491

Can we talk about Wonder Woman stealing the show during the climax? God damn. She was all sorts of bad ass.
>>
>>68093530
>I'll still hold out hope for a court of owls based batman movie.
>Implying plen audiences could handle this kind of storytelling
>>
>>68093424
There is nothing to indicate bazookas are illegal in this universe. Or at least that the police don't care, given the status of Batman.
If they were, clearly marked Lexcorp trucks probably wouldn't be armed with them.
Why would Luthor take the risk of hiring an illegal militia when he could hire regular PMCs for escorting a truck? When he could save that vetting for the men kidnapping a 60 year old Sears worker?
Stop being stupid. There was nothing to indicate the truck workers were horrible criminals and killing them was the only way to stop them.
>>
File: Batman_Full_6-666x1024.jpg (163 KB, 666x1024) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Full_6-666x1024.jpg
163 KB, 666x1024
>>68093530
>court of owls batman movie
YES FUCKING PLEASE
>>
>>68088705

the theatrical cut felt like it was ten fucking hours, why would I watch to watch an even longer version of this clusterfuck?
>>
>>68093557
She didn't really do much beyond jump around wildly.
Had some good moments against doomsday though. Her music was great.
>>
>>68093573
>implying any OC from the new 52 will get into any DC movies anytime in the next 20 years.

They have so much silver age shut to still milk. Don't get your hopes up
>>
File: 1426375178849.jpg (241 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
1426375178849.jpg
241 KB, 800x778
>>68093499
why would you burn a man before buring him
>>
>>68093618
Breaks down quicker? Can dig a shallower grave?
Why WOULDN'T you burn a man before burying him?
>>
File: galww.jpg (109 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
galww.jpg
109 KB, 750x1334
>>68093557
>fighting the cave tro- erm... Doomsday
>gets knocked back
>that smirk

I fell in love then and there
Emotionally, sexually, romantically. And I'll never be satisfied now because I'll never have her
>>
>>68088705
Think Martha Kent was tortured? It seemed so from the pictures.
>>
>>68093723
>This is a 30 year old woman

Fucking How?
>>
>>68093723
I only approved the casting choice after seeing that smile.
>>
>>68093679
because is extrmely painful
>>
>>68089148
Double dip, pleb
>>
>>68093785
/tv/ will say it's all genes because this site is filled with pathetic forever-alones that tell themselves everyone gets dealt a different card in life and that predetermines such things as beauty instead of taking responsibility for their own failures.

In reality however, it's not difficult at all for 30 year old women to be 10/10 attarctive. All they need to do is take care of their body (work out, diet, stay out of the sun, don't over-shampoo, don't dye their hair, don't drink too much)
>>
>>68093859
You forgot get lots of sleep.

Lack of sleep makes you look older.
>>
>>68088705
Just so we're clear, this is my favorite live action Batman since Keaton's.

The film has a lot of problems, but I've seen it twice now for Batfleck alone.

He's fucking glorious.
>>
>>68089148
>double dipper detected
>>
>>68093491
>>68093413
>>68093859
Jesus christ, will you faggots stop trying to distance yourselves from the imaginary hivemind of "le /tv/ boogeyman".
It's a board. You're on it. You're partaking in the discussion.
You're /tv/.
>>
>>68089633
It was done in the best way you dumb fuck literally taking place in the beginning credits and that's it.
>>
>>68093325
i like the movie and that's the conversation i want to have, talking about it as a movie but we rarely get even close to talking about that. it always revolves around people being triggered by details and being taken out of the movie as a movie and seeing it as a failure of personal fantasy fulfillment on screen
>>
>>68093830
She's still a terrible actress.
I'm going to see the WW movie only so I can see her break Chris Pine's dick in bed.
>>
>>68088744
plebtier tastes
I bet you think your cartoons run a little long at 22 minutes as well
>>
>>68093968
Wonder Woman is a virgin
>>
>>68093762
roughed up for sure, i thought they actually did shit to her flesh but they just wrote 'witch'
can't risk going too far too soon tho
>>
>>68088886
>implying
Snyder getting his film cut 5 months before release and actually fighting for the extended cut should tell you this is the better version. That's literally how all of his movies are, the longer the better.
>>
>>68093618

Trashing this plane.
>>
What is your opinion on the flying creatures during the desert/alt universe scene?

I am going on official /tv/ record and calling the darkseid's minions.
>>
File: 1460124985865.jpg (81 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460124985865.jpg
81 KB, 512x512
>>68094055
>>
>>68093968
Where is the CIA edit?
>>
>>68094055
Ofcourse they were parademons.
Was that not supposed to be obvious?
I suppose the deleted scene of lex communicating with minion man on the fortress ship would have served to further hammer in the idea that they're going the darkseid route.
>>
>>68093935
/tv/ is pro DC

if you are pro marvel you're a filthy reddit cuck that wants to raise nigger babies.
>>
>>68088705
Good, I am interested in seeing Snyder's full vision. The movie's engrossing bulk is between the beggining and the ending, with the territory of the climax feeling like a conclusion to the tale rather than storytelling catharsis releasing tension built upon the events that happened before. And by no coincidence that's the greatest advantage BvS has against other comic book movies: while many other cbm are concerned with glorifying the final act, with the heroes facing villain in a battle with festival of quips, glory and memes, BvS it's more focused on the whole experience than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>68094055
They're Parademons. That isn't up for debate.
>>
>>68094148

What if I am pro movies and just want to see a good show?
>>
>>68093573
batman begins had a whole secret society thing but it... lol didn't satisfy me personally

i've always thought that batman taking on petty crime is not a worthwhile story and that batman has to take on greater forces that other people and groups can't

bruce's "criminals are like weeds" comment i thought was an interesting way to look at it, gotham as a garden. if they can manage to combine this with a background subtle psychedelic mind connection between the city itself and crime and what happens and more along with court of owls and what not i think they can make something interesting and not seen yet on screen. of course, if they can include this while riding the balance between heady shit and an easy enough narrative to follow for a wide audience, they're golden. pray for bin afflecki

hell, even morrison expounded on the idea that the city itself is a living thing that produced batman and his rivals
>>
>>68094148
Except /tv/ is literally reddlt.
Eh?
>>
>>68094179
Then why are you posting on /tv/?
>>
>>68089742
then make Superman a black guy from the ghetto since you love experimentation so much, actually this idea sounds more fun that the actual piece of shit movie
>>
>implying this movie isn't the official capeshit of 4chan

Hell, even /v/ can't escape it:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0q24EfbK4wn
>>
>>68094164
yeah this is what i'm interested in, and where i've been trying to steer the conversation on the movie, whether or not it sets up and delivers that catharsis and denouement. so far everyone has been taken out by the details to focus on the use of things within the movie to play the viewer subconsciously.
>>
>>68088765
Exactly, people should be pissed off over this.
>>
>>68094285
It still won't be Snyder's full vision because a lot of what he wanted never made it in in the first place.
>>
>>68094297
>we should not try to fix things
>and if we do, they should be free!
>>
>>68089633
Was the best scene though
>>
>>68090479
your friend is a fagget
>>
File: Screenshot_20160410-111530.jpg (296 KB, 1104x725) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160410-111530.jpg
296 KB, 1104x725
WAIT!
I have a riddle for you.
>>
>>68089276

A bunch of the early Civil War reviews are from actual movie critics. The ones who panned BvS from the start. But I agree with your point to be skeptical.
>>
>>68094344
To be fair he isn't entirely wrong on this one.
The movie was butchered and chopped into pieces to appeal to a larger audience. It was all done for profit.
Now they've profited so maybe they can do something for the actual fans of the franchise.
Oh wait, that's an absurd notion. What am I even saying?
>>
MARVEL BTFO
CAPE кинo HAS ARRIVED
>>
This movie is one of the worst paced movies I've ever seen in my life. You go from non stop plot development for almost 2 hours until you get to the Batman Superman fight. So the last 30 or so minutes of the movie is Batman versus Superman, they become friends, batman warehouse scene, doomsday fight, and then supermans funeral. WTF!?!? You can't go from 2 hours of very little action to non stop action for the rest of the movie and expect people to like it
>>
>>68094460
You can do whatever the fuck you want because all people care about these days is >muh HYPE!
>>
>>68094460
i'm not too sure, but if i remember right the movie escalates emotion on screen like every half hour, where the include either some form of action from batman or some emotionally intense scene before going back down then up towards the climax
point being, there's structure, doesn't mean that it's not shit, or that it is shit, but there's structure
>>
>>68094419
>now they've profited
When will DCucks admit that this movie was a failure?
>>
>>68094419
they need another 200M to break even
>>
>>68088705
>30 more minutes will turn dog shit into diamonds
>>
File: 1438824635485.png (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438824635485.png
24 KB, 500x500
>>68094543
When will marveldrones stop trying to force their company wars agenda into everything at any opportunity, in the hopes of filling that empty void inside where a sense of purpose should be?
My guess is they'll probably happen around the same time.
>>
>>68094600
So they have some added incentive to do it right the second time by releasing a proper directors cut.
Good.
>>
>>68094642
The reaction to BvS has been fascinating. On one side you've got the console war fags that just enjoy the shitflinging and screaming "BTFO".

On the other side there's like two anons that have dedicated themselves to typing up long, drawn out analyses of this movie like it's the peak of artistic expression.
>>
The Dark Knight finished at 997 million at the very end of its first box office run.

when they re-released it, it made 3.005 million more, crossing the billion.

what are the chances of BvS even getting to 900 million AT LEAST, let alone re-releasing it (if they do) and expecting 100 million more?
>>
>>68090735
>Greatest genius in human history becomes bitter because he thinks he was wrongfully robed of his chance to save humanity with the arrival of the Ãœbermensch

He still thought this though, he was trying to put together the justice league so he could be seen as a savior
I'm guessing you were playing Angry Birds throughout the first 2 hours of the movie then tuned back in when the CGI came on.
>>
>>68094685
people choose to watch the new Melissa Mcarthy dog shit movie this weekend. BvS flopped hard
>>
I sincerely hope that capekino posting is ironic. People who actually think that Snyder is a genius artist need help.
>>
For the love of god GET A NEW LEX LUTHOR and TONE DOWN THE GOTH VIBE

If they do that the movie instantly jumps from a 3/10 to a 6.5/10 then all they have to redo is the story to have less fucking cock stroking to previous material and more Supes being a boy scout and Batman being batman then that gets us to an 8/10.

If they can make Batman and Superman conflict actually make sense and fit within the story it becomes a 9/10.

If they can completely redo the lighting and atmosphere it would be a 10/10
>>
>>68094813
It's like anything else that catches on. It starts out as ironic and satirical but then there's a small group that genuinely buys into it.
>>
File: Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaan.gif (3 MB, 384x160) Image search: [Google]
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaan.gif
3 MB, 384x160
>>68094724
Same thing happened with Man of Steel. And Tron Legacy.
It would be a pretty sure fire sign of a cult classic in the making if hollywood hadn't gotten so exceedingly proficient at marketing and hype generation for an expansive demographic in the last couple of decades.
Everyone's seen everything nowadays and if they haven't they pretend to to fit in.
People with opposing opinions to the vocal majority are beaten into submission or ostracized for having shitty opinions. Both online and in the real world.
Such is life in the 2010's.
>>
1. The Dark Knight
2. Mask of the Phantasm
3. Batman Returns
4. The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2
5. Batman Begins
6. Batman
7. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
8. The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1
9. Batman Forever
10. Under the Red Hood
11. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
12. The Dark Knight Rises
13. Batman & Robin

Didn't bother to include the serials because I doubt anyone here has seen all of them.

High hopes for Lego Batman movie
>>
>>68094724
bro, i'm one of those anons and i've always tried to be clear that i'm not making it out be the peak of artistic expression, or the peak of anything at all.

my goal in diving into the movie has always been to explore how they use things and the intent behind their use, there's actually more to be said and frankly the coincidences present in which posts have made pasta and what posts haven't is kind of funny to me
the shitposting i've spawned has gone through two changes, and eventually i think it'll die down to only the consolewar posters who will be continually active
>>
>>68094998
I'm predicting The Killing Joke to be better than Part 2

but aside from that The Dark Knight Rises is definitely better than Return of the Joker
>>
>>68093573
>the court of owls
>written by Scott SNYDER

Coincidence ?
I think not
>>
I think whatshiface was a good choice for Lex Luthor, but they made him the Joker instead.

All I see is the potential scene where he loses his hair and him going mental.
>>
>>68094844
>BvS
>3/10

You're right anon, not every capeshit can be 11/10 like avengers!!!
>>
>>68094734
BvS will make 1 billion without the re-release you faggot
>>
>>68095141
My main issue with BvS is that all the fuss made over it being an examination of the real world impact of the existence of someone like Superman ended up being only surface deep. Marvel movies can handwave any questions about how the damage from these citywide battles gets fixed so quickly with Tony Stark's infinite resources. They're just doing the same thing with Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>68095141
Avengers is a mediocre 6/10 both of the movies and is nothing more than fan wank

BvS is a genuinely bad movie from symbolism that is shoved down your throat, an atmosphere that any 13 year old can write, characters that are just terribly written, and casting choices that just make you confused.

BvS is worse than Man of Steel which is just embarrassing.
>>
>>68090479
Is this the cringe general?
>>
>>68093762
>>68094037
But the way she had her eyes on a pic, seemed like she was going through electric torture.
>>
>>68088728
Fuck you kingdom of heaven was a good movie
unlike batman vs superman cash crab shit fest
>>
>>68090479
your friend is a faggot and you should kill him before he kills you with his edgy emotions :)
>>
>>68095246
>avengers better than BvS
Yeah I can see that. It's just a much more-
>as is age of Ultron
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>68095387
Age of Ultron is no different than the first movie other than you having different expectations. It's the same cut and paste super hero formula

Originality is worth no points
>>
>>68088705
So, how much did the negative critical respones affect the films revenue?

Usually superhero movies do pretty good, especially two of the biggest names.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 800x1035) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 800x1035
Snyder has my permission to die
>>
>>68095378
>your friend is a faggot
Well yeah, why do you think his dad beat him
>and he should kill himself.
Kek.
Never change, /tv/, or should I say, /pol/
>>
File: 1459511402467.jpg (62 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
1459511402467.jpg
62 KB, 1916x806
> thinking a half hour more of Snyder throwing spaghetti on the wall is going to make this turd any more polished
Stop.
>>
>>68095442
I'd actually love to see them redo Bane with Ben Affleck's more comic booky version of Batman. The fight scenes would be fucking badass compared to Nolan's weak-ass choreography.
>>
File: 1266919923698.jpg (15 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1266919923698.jpg
15 KB, 624x352
>>68094912
> filename
>>
>>68089618
How are they going to move it to the end, it's what makes ww join the fight
>>
>>68095428
Not him, but age of Ultron is one of the most insulting movies I've ever seen.

The entire movie is just an advertisement for 6 other movies, one of which isn't even going to get made now.

At least BvS was mostly concerned with its own plot. Yeah the Justice League email was dumb, but it was also only 3 minutes of the 2 and a half hour movie.
Age of Ultron is just so in your face about it. It's redicuouls.

I'll give you the first avengers being better than BvS.
>>
File: image..png (150 KB, 449x329) Image search: [Google]
image..png
150 KB, 449x329
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.jpg (28 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.jpg
28 KB, 570x300
>>68088744
>mfw BvS is like 5 minutes longer than Civil War
>mfw the critics will suck Disney's cock
>>
>>68095514
>Batfleck vs Bane
It'd be kind of like that Deathstroke fight from Arkham Origins.
>>
>>68095558
>one of which isn't even going to get made now.
what's that
>>
File: Joker.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>68094998
let me fix that for you pham

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman (1989)
3. Batman Begins
4. The Dark Knight
5. Batman Forever
6. Batman Returns
7. Under the Red Hood

the rest are shit and i havent seen dawn of justice yet
>>
>>68095608
Dude, it was fine but those last five minutes really made me want to go to sleep or check my phone or chat to my friends y'know?
/critics
>>
>>68095644
>Batman Forever
>better than Returns or Under the Red Hood
What is your major malfunction?
>>
>>68095644
There's no way I could put Forever above Returns. Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones were just awful.
>>
>>68095644
fuck forgot about batman beyond, i'd put that one above batman forever maybe, idk, it's a great movie but i don't like watching old bruice wayne
>>
5 hour cut when REEEEEEEE
>>
>>68090588
>>68089757
This, I love long movies for some reason, especially when it is on a grand scale type of epic, like Jackson's King Kong.
>>
>>68095779
Also, I dn't even care if it has shit sfx, I want the five hour cut
>>
>>68095779
>>68095815
It's called a miniseries
>>
>>68095430
>So, how much did the negative critical respones affect the films revenue?
It probably did have an effect but not a monumental one.
I have never in my life seen a film attacked this way. This rivals the beating revenge of the Fallen took.

The reviews alone are pretty harmless. People will go see a movie based on hype and advertisinh, and this had both.
The issue is when you combine the reviews with the mentality of these straight up marvel fan boys that have popped up in the last decade.

These are the people that refuse to go see the movie more than once and attempt to convince others to do the same. I think yes, they have had an effect.
>>
>>68095140
yeah i think that scene where batman comes in should have marked a more dramatic change for lex, and it they should have made it more obvious that he's seen shit and appears to have lost it
>>
>>68095635
Incredible Hulk sequel
>>
>>68095925
>These are the people that refuse to go see the movie more than once
Well excuse me, some of us can't afford that kind of extravagance.
>>
>>68095644
>begins above dark Knight

Ah yes, the ultimate contrarian opinion
>>
>The sudden (but really, unsurprising) pivot came after an early cut of Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice was shown to a small group of Warner Bros. executives. The big wigs were reportedly so impressed with the film, that they gave it a standing ovation.

wow a bunch of people financially invested in the film gave it a positive reception - now that's an accomplishment!
>>
>>68095957
They don't have the distribution rights for solo hulk films anymore. Universal does, and ever since Disney bought marvel this has been the problem.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.