[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this actually good or are you faggots just memeing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: the-princess-bride.jpg (88 KB, 682x812) Image search: [Google]
the-princess-bride.jpg
88 KB, 682x812
Is this actually good or are you faggots just memeing?
>>
How about you watch it make up your own mind and get back to us after
>>
When I was a kid, I believed S. Morgenstern was real and that there was an unabridged version of the book somewhere
>>
>>68083698

Its a parody/satire of the medieval fantasy genre, infused with funny dialogue and memorable characters.

Also nostalgia.
>>
>>68083745
I read this book twice believing this.
Then I wikipedia'd it years later and found out it was all fake. Fucks sake, I guess he had to do it due to copywright issues or something but I felt fucking tricked as all hell, wish he just could've had a book without the bullshit explaining why he had to cut out content from a fake author. Its still GOAT, the movie and book but seriously?
>>
Its a cute date movie. People nostalgia on his because it has Andre the Giant and Peak Buttercup and has frequently memed lines by Indigo Montoya (Mandy Patakin)

worth a watch.

Did you like Robin Hood: Men in Tights? That is pretty much a less intelligent version of this movie. Both even star Elwes.
>>
>>68083698

I often wonder why people who haven't seen basic fucking films post on a fucking film board. You should be making "WAT R SUM EBIN MOVIEZ" threads on /b/ for at least 5 years or something. Fuck off.
>>
>>68083727
As you wish
>>
>>68083698
I really enjoy this movie, but like stated before, nostalgia. I used to watch this movie with my sisters on every road trip. We had a 15 inch box tv that we would cable down the the center of the mini van to watch on vhs....so yeah nostalgia, but I do think it is actually quite funny aswell
>>
>He never watched Princess Bride
>>
>>68084032
Why would I go out of my way to watch a romantic comedy?
>>
>>68083698

It's alot of fun with some of goat swordfighting

If it was released today /tv/ would meme the fuck out of this movie
>>
>>68083698

everything is meme
>>
Its basically a lot like Robin hood men in tights. If you liked that you shld enjoy it.
>>
>>68084109
You sound like that faggot from The Wonder Years
>>
I've only seen up to where the guy drinks the poison. Is the movie any good after that?
>>
>>68083910
I just made a wat r sum ebin moviez thread on /b/ and it was pruned. Guess this is the place for this content after all.
>>
>refusal to watch movies has become a meme
At least I know you faggots aren't doing this in a genuine way any more.
>>
File: 1297967225573.gif (2 MB, 250x158) Image search: [Google]
1297967225573.gif
2 MB, 250x158
>>68084255
>>
>>68083698
GOAT. No kidding.
>>
>>68084109
it's an adventure comedy, dickslit
>>
>>68084298
Yes. Billy Crystal being hilarious is one highlight I recall.
>>
It plays it a lot straighter than Men in Tights.

Men in Tights is pure Mel Brooks, Princess Bride is more nod and a wink as it smashes through the tropes and silliness of the genre.

All the people saying nostalgia helps it along. I disagree, I didn't see it until my mid 20s and have watched it several times since and its a fantastic film. Maybe it reaches heights I can't even describe thanks to nostalgia goggles, but its a fantastic film regardless.
>>
Don't judge a book by its cover
>>
and Robin Wright was divine way back when
>>
>>68083698

it's actually amazing, rewatched it recently and it still holds up
>>
>>68083698
It's inconceivably good
>>
There's a movie called Stardust, I always thought it was kinda similar to TPB
>>
What is it about the movie that is so spectacular guys?

I have a feeling its the fun component mixed with the really traditional hero story. It definitely appeals to young men disenfranchised with today's grim and grit obsessed cinema experience.
>>
Saw it recently. I think it 100% holds up. The framing device prevents it from even feeling dated, and it's just as effective a parody of Harry Potter films as of fairy tales which no one actually cared about in the 80s. .
>>
>>68085153
>It definitely appeals to young men disenfranchised with today's grim and grit obsessed cinema experience.

it incorporates that into the movie, remember: a big deal is made of Westley dying and Humperdink not actually being punished except by being made to look like a pussy. so it's the smart timeless writing.
>>
>>68085090
They make a great double feature.
>>
>>68085090
>>68085205
Not watching a movie based on the work of a Scientologist, sorry. I'm an oldfag who was here for Chanology and I have morals, sorry.
>>
>>68083698
It's my favourite movie.
Objectively, I'd probably put rate it maybe 8/10.

It's definitely very good, but doesn't reach perfection levels.
>>
>>68083698
It's extremely quotablefor nostalgiafags
>>
Who the fuck hasn't seen The Princess Bride? Did your parents keep you in a closet when you were growing up?
>>
pretty sure the first time i saw this movie was in 2nd grade during my schools after school care program.
>>
I watched it for the first time three days ago.

Was one of the best comedies I've ever seen desu. The delivery alone of Elwes was fucking GOAT.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.