[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would he have done a better job with TFA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Lucas.jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
Would he have done a better job with TFA?
>>
>>68066994
If by better you mean unwatchable by the standards of any real Star Wars fan then yes. Yes he would
>>
>>68066994
Of course

>better pacing
>original new locations and designs
>actual poetry
>>
Easily.
>>
>>68067068
You misspelt pottery. In his EU Rey lives in a feminist commune and works a kiln for a living.
>>
>>68066994
i honestly believe that he would made more bad than good decisions.

You must take into account that SW4 was made by young hippie, filled with life, with very little money.

And SW1 was made by old, bitter billionare who has connections with real life as much as pregnant meth head redneck 17 y/o.
>>
File: 1459675033892.png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1459675033892.png
1 MB, 800x600
>>68067041
>If by better you mean unwatchable by the standards of any real Star Wars fan then yes.
WRONG

Why do non-Star Wars fans pretend they are Star Wars fans? It's the weirdest fucking phenomenon I've ever seen

George Lucas is our lord and savior, fuck off you fake, you pretender, you plebeian shit eater

Disney drones are the worst posters on this board and don't know anything about Star Wars, they're like cute clueless bimbos except they're not cute at all senpai believe me
>>
>>68067068
adding to this
>no Marvel-tier quips
>probably no 3rd Death Star
>probably no Snoke emperor-rehash
>probably an at least somewhat original plot
>no female lead
>no boyenga
>no horsefaced emo villian
>>
>>68066994
I honestly think so.

Maybe (probably) it would have been shit, but I think it at least would have been more compelling. Tfa had so little feeling. At least in the prequels I felt bad when qui died, anakin's mom died, etc. enough had been done to foster some kind of sympathy in the viewer. That was entirely nonexistent in tfa. I didn't give a shit about anything.
>>
No.
>>
since he always uses Star Wars as a tech demo for some new shit, what would he have used to film Ep. VII?
>>
The Force Awakens is basically what we've been exposed too for the past decade and a half in pop culture sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother or Family Guy, all reminding us how awesome the original Star Wars trilogy is without delivering any new real content in case of scaring away old fans and alienating people, you might say it was one, long overdrawn Conway Twitty joke only to go nowhere in the end, The Phantom Menace took risks and was bold in this regard, one of the reasons it is a better movie but also a disaster, a disaster but a fun one. The Force Awakens is a boring, dull exposition movie filled with the worst type of pop culture references we've seen so many times over and is a chore to watch because there is no heart or soul with it due to being nothing more than a cash in gimmick on the current flavour of the decade growing faux nerd culture trend. JJ Abrams is not a movie or film directorm he is a business man, who only knows how to market products, which is why he was perfect for the reboot by Disney and shame on Abrams for just tacking on Han's death to stop it being a forgettable movie we all figured it would be.
>>
File: big_1437857610_image.jpg (29 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
big_1437857610_image.jpg
29 KB, 1280x544
>>68067554
He said he wanted to do a full on spanish soap opera about the Skywalkers or something

we'll never get to see it :(

jdimsa
>>
File: 1457580743138.jpg (46 KB, 486x576) Image search: [Google]
1457580743138.jpg
46 KB, 486x576
>>68067605
>J Abrams is not a movie or film directorm he is a business man
>business man

that's one way to put it
>>
>>68067666

Satan himself confirms
>>
>John Williams actually composes real Star Wars music.
>>
>>68068932
This one hurt the most
Why was the score so lackluster?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.