[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“Modern mass culture, aimed at the 'consumer', the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: AT_001.jpg (152 KB, 1472x1130) Image search: [Google]
AT_001.jpg
152 KB, 1472x1130
“Modern mass culture, aimed at the 'consumer', the civilisation of prosthetics, is crippling people's souls, setting up barriers between man and the crucial questions of his existence, his consciousness of himself as a spiritual being.”
>>
>>68065446
what a douche
>>
What would he think about Marvel and DV films?
>>
>>68065504
he'd kill himself
>>
He needs to be blacked desu
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 620x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 620x266
You'll notice how flicks like TFA elevate the notion of a consumer to the status of a Character within the drama...

You want these ships, you want this lightsaber, you want this droid! No, not really... I wanted a story with a definite beginning, middle and end.
>>
>>68065504
Considering he was a pleb who praised Star Wars and the Terminator he'd probably love them.
>>
>>68065678
Have you seen his films. Not tonally, but thematically they're more like a Marvel flick than a DC flick
He used quips, self deprecation, Shakespearean irony
>>
>>68066353
>He used quips, self deprecation, Shakespearean irony
>Have you seen his films
Have you?
>>
>>68066293
>those were fantasy (not sci-fi) pioners. The problem is that they have copy that formula for hundreds of blockbusters since.
>>
>>68067715
I didnt mean to imply
>>
>>68066202
>I wanted a story with a definite beginning, middle and end.
yeah its called ep 7, 8 and 9 dipshit
>>
>>68066293
Star wars and terminator were good movies for their time. Terminator is still a good movie. Making star wars over and over again for decades on end is not impressive.
>>
>>68066293
I think he would be able to tell the difference
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.