[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Find.jpg (125 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
Find.jpg
125 KB, 720x1080
Find a flaw
>>
>>68056551
>"I'm about to reddit the shit out of this."

>"I'm a meme pirate."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68056551

> IN YOUR FACE NEIL ARMSTRONG!

how disrespectful and disgusting. into the trash it went with the other reddit meme movies.
>>
>Meme reddit filick
>>
>>68056551

> starring Matt Damon

found one.
>>
meme film
>>
>The meme checks out.
>>
Is this more reddit than Deadpool?
>>
File: cc4.jpg (76 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
cc4.jpg
76 KB, 680x649
>>68056602
Ok Neil
>>
>The Redditor: Give him gold
>>
Unironically R E D D I T
>le quirky and sciency yet vulgar numale main character XDD
>>
>>68056678
Reddit basically crowdsourced the whole lines of dialogues.
>>
> I admit it's fatally dangerous, but I'd get to fly around like Iron Man.

100% reddit line right there.
>>
>>68056800
>I admit what I'm suggesting has a literally 100% chance of failure, but at least I get to utter this silly quip to show how confident and happy-go-lucky I am even in the face of certain death
>>
File: who wrote this shit.jpg (60 KB, 718x693) Image search: [Google]
who wrote this shit.jpg
60 KB, 718x693
> Fuck you Mars.
>>
>>68056800
>> I admit it's fatally dangerous, but I'd get to fly around like Iron Man.

*Gold Star*
>>
matt damon is a bad actor

you know its true
>>
Literally Deadpool on Mars, the Movie.
>>
Ayy quantum molecules light fire make water lmaooooo
>>
>>68056551
there are no storms even remotely that strong on mars
>>
File: mur.jpg (517 KB, 1520x2048) Image search: [Google]
mur.jpg
517 KB, 1520x2048
murph wore clothes
>>
the fucking iron man thing. in the book he mentions it as a joke only, they just get him out of the capsule normally (though with blowing the ship).

Fucking iron man. What the fuck why did they do this in the movie.
>>
>>68057018
>I'll never be part of commander Mommy's crew
SHIT ;_;
>>
>tfw this thread is only funny to people who regularly visit reddit
>>
>>68057069
>What the fuck why did they do this in the movie.
Riding on the Marvel meme phenomenon
>>
>>68057203
too bad really, because the book (and movie) tried to stick to some sense of reality throughout, but then there's this ending which just makes no sense.

Like even if they were gonna take risk, why not just have Murph untether and pick him up?

But yeah at least it's no a 5D love-powered bookshelf inside a black hole.
>>
>Watney, everything you type is being broadcasted live all over the world!
>Look! A pair of boobs! -> (.Y.)
>Thanks for the gold kind stranger!
>>
>>68057282
>sense of reality
I mean, what he did at the end would be absolutely impossible. Given the speed of both objects and the amount of space in between them, it's ridiculous to think that he could have come even close to the ship. It's basically the same scene as the one in Gravity where Bullock uses the fire extinguisher to propel her towards the space station
>>
I'm about to quip the shit out of this
>>
Literally a Gary Stue, and his quips get old fast
>>
Considering 85% of the dialog is unnecessary quips and "snark" I'm shocked Fag Whedon wasn't involved.
>>
DUDE DISCO LMAO QUIRKY SCIENCE MAN
>>
>>68056551
No character arc
>>
>>68057994
I get that they established his character as someone who talked to himself, but it would have been a better movie with long stretches of silence, or a re-breather pumping with and ambient score.

But no, we can't let the general audiences get board. At least he didn't bark like a dog.
>>
>>68056551
>Let's science the shit out of it or something

Didn't even see the movie, but that was a shitty line
>>
File: triggered.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>NASA consists of young women and minorities instead of bald middle aged men
>>
>You know what? "Kilowatt-hour per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name. One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything... um... I suck at this... I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".

IIRC this part was written log entry so yeah, he did type the "um...I suck at this.." like the standard reddit post.

And for a scientific journal, this kind of thing is way too ridiculous and far from funny or clever.
>>
>>68057069
Movie needed an climatic action sequence
>>
>>68058198
NASA is pretty much full of asians and indians
>>
For a man with a shortage of food, he is shown to be eating in every fucking scene.
>>
File: 1451920779009.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451920779009.gif
175 KB, 500x375
>>68056737
>>le quirky and sciency yet vulgar numale main character XDD
>>
>>68056551
>Matt Damon
>>
>>68056551
>/tv/ shitting on every popular movie because it's "Reddit"
>sucking BvS cock until it came out
>keeps sucking it's cock even when it's confirmed garbage

This board is overrun by 14y old babies.
>>
>>68057930
when it costs tens of thousands to send 1 kg into orbit you have to pick the absolute best people to send to space.

Astronauts being unbelievably smart and competent isn't that much of an exaggeration
>>
>>68058330
It is almost if this board has hundreds of thousands of different users every month.
>>
>>68058460
It's just you and me in here friendo.
>>
>>68058439
He's not smart. You fell for the Joss Whedon style of exposition; make the characters be obnoxious tools and use big words juxtaposed with small words for le irony and suddenly they "sound" smart.
>>
>>68057018
I'm not sure if it giving her an opportunity to bitch about the wage gap was a bad thing.

Or if it was a good thing for people to see because it was clear that she honestly thought that it was unfair that she wasn't being paid as much as the main actor who carries the whe movie that she has like 20 minutes of screentime in.
>>
>>68056551

Quiptastic
>>
unrealistic with a male protagonist
>>
>>68058539
It's just like niggers and their ever growing belief that they were flying around in rocket cars 4000 years ago until the neanderthal white man 'somehow' defeated them and enslaved them and destroyed civilization despite being stupid and useless compared to the amazing Negro.

Eventually their delusions grow so large and ridiculous that the majority opinion shifts against them. Her complaining that the reason she wasn't paid the same as someone who was in the movie 4x as long and had a larger role and a bigger name was not pure common sense but actually the patriarchy and sexism is outlandishly retarded.
>>
>>68058538
you're criticizing the writing of the character and not the character. Calling a character a gary stu is a criticism of the character. If the character was stupid he wouldn't survive on mars.
>>
Reddit: The space movie.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.