[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why was Legolas in The Hobbit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
So why was Legolas in The Hobbit?
>>
You'll need to find that out for yourself.
>>
because people like legolas maybe
>>
>>68056277
Why weren't you?
>>
>>68056277

> this movie is 9 hours long, we need some pointless filler
>>
>>68056364
But he was in there since before Jackson was told to make it a trilogy
>>
>>68056277
>what are novels
>>
girls dont watch virgin neckbeard shit, so they threw in prettyboy Legolas to sell tickets to the female population
>>
>>68056277
>OMG I KNOW THIS GUY!!!111 xD Its the guy from LOTR
>Omg your so nerdy LOL
>>
>>68056445
basically this.
>>
>>68056339
Too tall.
>>
Was there a main character from LOTR that they didn't bring in or introduce?

Just Sam right?

>Frodo
>Gimli
>Aragorn
>Legolas
>Gandalf
>Gollum
etc
>>
>>68056515
Yeah, I don't think he's born yet during the movies (nor is Frodo, but muh-flashback-prequel)

Arwen isn't referenced in any way, but she is a secondary character (even more so in the books).
No rohirrim appear either, nor anyone from Gondor.
>>
>>68056515
gimli and aragorn arent even in the movies, just referenced in one scene
>>
>>68056407
He wasn't in the novel.
>>
>>68056645
Well, that's what he meant, they made sure they were making enough reference to LOTR events/people to create a complicity with some viewers.
>>
>>68056612
Frodo and Sam definitely were not born if I recall.

Bilbo was 50 in the Hobbit. In fellowship, he's 100-something and Frodo isn't 50 yet. Sam is younger than Frodo I think.
>>
>>68056277
because his mother loved him
>>
>>68056612
Well, none of them are main characters... MAYBE Theoden?

Ok, Sam and Theoden. Boromir is another but he did die, so maybe they assume he didn't have enough of a fanbase.
>>
and my axe!
>>
>>68056277
to jump on falling CGI stone stairs
>>
>>68056277
Geralt?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.