[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"On your own from the age of fifteen. Reckless, aggressive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: rogueone.jpg (69 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
rogueone.jpg
69 KB, 600x316
"On your own from the age of fifteen. Reckless, aggressive and undisciplined"

Sounds like she's gonna be a badass, meming aside how do you think she will do as the lead?
>>
"I rebel"

I cringed a little
>>
>>68044854
Why?
>>
The independent roguish yet pretty and morally superior womyn trope again...how exiting. Kylo ren spinoff when?
>>
carried by the rest of the cast
>>
It's going to be so exciting watching her easily win every fight and every decision she makes turn out to be the right one
>>
Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
My favorite part of the original trilogy was when Darth Vader said "I'm evil, duh"
>>
>>68044824
>"On your own from the age of fifteen. Reckless, aggressive and undisciplined..."
>"...We'll make you Supreme Allied Commander and give 20 good men. "
>>
>>68044824
>meming aside how do you think she will do as the lead?

if the writing sucks, even a legend like Vivien Leigh would have trouble making a lead role work, and there's some strong indications that the writing will suck.
>>
>>68044973
>"sheev, I need to know something.. after all these years you've trained me in the dark side and continued to use it yourself.. why?" Vader asked
>"we're baaad guys.. it's what we do" The Emperor replied

REALLY? That's the garbage all you SWfags were so hyped up over?
>>
>"YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR COMMITTING PETTY FELONIES, OBSTRUCTING AUTHORITY AND SHOWING YOURSELF TO BE COMPLETELY UNTRUSTWORTHY!"

>"Oh fuck! I mean... of course I am! Like duh! Because, like... isn't this like... a Rebellion and stuff?"

>"WOW GOOD POINT, THAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT PERSON TO LEAD OUR ELITE TEAM OF COVERT OPERATIVES AND STEAL THE SECRET WEAPON PLANS FROM THE GREATEST SOVEREIGN POWER THE GALAXY HAS EVER KNOWN!"

>"Whoa, what? I mean... ya sure I guess. Whatever gets me out of paying my parking ticket, right? Lol."
>>
>>68045068
You forgot
>SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH SHNEEEH
>>
>>68045104
>tfw Disney are resorting to subliminally reminding us of the Alien films to get us to see this trash
>>
File: 1442671334411.jpg (28 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1442671334411.jpg
28 KB, 500x385
>>68045155
>alien
>not recognizing the sound
>>
>>68044824
I'm going to see this kinó 12 times in the cinéma!
>>
>>68044824
All the charges that the Rebels go over seem pretty petty "forging documents, assault" and a few others, why is she the best trained person for a undercover infiltration?
>>
>>68045155
>sped up docking alarm from RotJ
>Alien films
>>
>>68044824
someone vapewave this
>>
>>68045177
Was it Jar Jar's yell? because that's literally all I could think of.
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 931x1397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 931x1397
This movie seems visually pleasing.
>>
>>68044914
This. In an effort to make a strong, independent female role model, they're going to create yet another character devoid of any real flaws.

Meanwhile creating false idols for the demographic they were intending to inspire in the first place.
>>
>we need to write a compelling female character in our Star Wars
>"she grew up alone, knows everything, and is basically fucking Jesus"
>genius
>>
>>68045410
so you've seen the movie and you know her entire arc?
>>
>>68045393
I have thicker hotter lips and I'm a man
>>
>this is the rebellion, I rebel

Go rebel with a swim on Mustafar. Character seems like an edgy little tryhard, might connect with the teen audience but it puts me off what otherwise looks like a cool film.
>>
File: image.jpg (392 KB, 1315x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392 KB, 1315x2048
>>68045568
I'm in it for the pale skin desu. I just want a qt palefu.
>>
>>68045561
She's a copy of Rey right down to the jarringly inappropriate accent.

Any flaws she does have, will just be endearing instead of debilitating. Like Rey being orphaned.
>>
They couldn't cast based Hershlag again?
>>
File: 55020164-1880x3000.jpg (545 KB, 1880x3000) Image search: [Google]
55020164-1880x3000.jpg
545 KB, 1880x3000
>>68045730
My nigga.
>>
>bad ass

Stop this
>>
>>68045756
>inappropriate accent
Do you even Star Wars?
>>
why did they tell her about her own life?

wouldn't this conversation make more sense if they were talking amongst themselves about her?
>>
>>68044824
I would make her a lead in all movies, I don't care.
>>
>>68044824
I remember watching that Stephen Hawking film and she was awful, a charisma black hole. I'm shocked she's the lead in a fucking Star Wars movie
>>
>>68044967

This is a shit board. I shitpost.
>>
>implying casting a white english bookish qt is going to satisfy the sjw
tbph sjw would prefer a white male, this is more triggering
>>
>>68044824
she looks like a slut!
thanks feminaziz
>>
the future of SW sure looks bleak after the last 4 movies. not sure if i will bother going to see this feminist trash.
>>
>>68044824
Rey has the excuse of the force. What is this girl's excuse going to be?
>>
>>68044824
I'm going to see this kinó 12 times in the cinéma!
>>
>>68044824
show don't tell

I think she will be fine, but I'm not expecting much. from the trailers it seems like her character has 0 personality for a rogue-ish character.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.