[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do we all think about Disney acquisition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 512x288
Was it for the best?
>>
File: rgfpmo.jpg (43 KB, 625x367) Image search: [Google]
rgfpmo.jpg
43 KB, 625x367
potentional for more menes = goood
>>
More like for all the shekels and race mixing propaganda
>>
>>68044389
I would've rather George to have taken it to the grave with him
>>
>Muh strong independent female lead
I actually liked it in Ep.7, but I dunno how I feel about it being more obvious thanks to R1
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x1067
Does anyone else feel like they're starting to hate Star Wars now?

>Pandering by having Rey and Finn as main characters
>Female protagonist in Rogue One
>Rebels can't even compare to the quality of TCW
>TFA was safe as fuck
>Yearly movies
>Without the EU, Star Wars is pretty boring
>>
>>68044452
He did this because of all the faggots who crucify him over the special editions and prequels. He wanted to see those same faggots begging for him back after Disney shits up the franchise before he dies. One movie in and it's already starting to happen.
>>
>>68044389
Now that it has been let out that all the films will have female leads fuck it I'm not supporting this shit in cinema I'll just wait for the Bluray rips I'm not a twelve year old girl why the fuck would I want to keep watching this shlock
>>
>>68044547
The last episode of Rebels was on par with the best of TCW but holy shit is there too much filler inbetween
>>
>>68044715
It's still too Y7 and that really doesn't let it reach its potential.
>>
>>68044423
disney will only produce soulless vehicles devoid of lasting memes
>>
None of em - they know how to sell to everyone, so naturally their products have no artistic vision or originality, and every single movie is hot generic trash
>>
>>68044663
nah, it was for the $4.3 billion, which by the way Disney are only around halfway to recouping.
>>
They just removed Kyle Katarn so I'm saying it's already shit.
>>
>>68044956
why the fuck would george care about money? he was already ridiculously rich. not to mention he has already given most of the disney money to charity
>>
>>68044956
He donated it all to charity.
>>
>>68045008
>>68045019
george truly the hero we deserved

sold star wars to give it another chance because he knew anything made with his name would be tarnished regardless of quality. then gives all money to charity.

im so sorry george
>>
>>68044389
I wish they would have done a Disney logo before the movie. It was already a below average movie, the Disney logo would not have changed that, and it would have been nice to see what those folks would have come up with for it.
>>
>>68044389
the acquisition was really all about the toys. for them it was the best decision they probably ever made.

it doesn't matter at all to Disney if these movies are well made, all that matters is if they get the kids to buy more toys. it's sad how big of a part Disney had in fucking up the movie industry.
>>
so far they haven't made any good original content that can surpass the EU
>>
>>68045135
George is pretty cool, if my creation was despised by so many neckbeards I'd probably give zero fuck about humanity and spend the billions on my own nihilistic self-indulgence.
>>
>>68045289
>EU
You mean the one that has Vader be defeated by a OC donut steal bad guy who just shuts down his life support on his chest?

Or that had an evil Luke clone named Luuke?

Or had the villain be a Sheev clone that Sheev imbued with his soul and then turned Luke into his dark side apprentice?

Or had a fighter sized ship that could survive a Death Star laser, had its own planet killer laser and could only be destroyed by sending it into a black hole?

Or the Yuuzhan Vong who were completely resistant to the force, flew in organic ships that could travel light speed and fought with snakes that could resist lightsabers?
>>
>>68045135
should've gave the money to NASA. How cool would it be if he helped finance a manned mission to Mars?
>>
>>68045405
>wasting money on meme travel

We're going to die on this rock and nothing will change that.
>>
>>68045432
fuck you I'm young enough that it's not impossible that I could find a way to die in space. Has anyone done that yet? If not I might have a new life mission.
>>
>>68044389
I'm going to see this kinó 12 times in the cinéma!
>>
File: legacy_centerfold_by_adamhughes.jpg (121 KB, 1080x373) Image search: [Google]
legacy_centerfold_by_adamhughes.jpg
121 KB, 1080x373
>>68045395
I'm sorry, I can't hear you.
>>
>>68045468
Laika
>>
>>68045499
too soon
>>
>>68044547
It all went downhill when they intended for Star Wars to have social/cultural messages, instead of just being a fun adventure.
>>
>>68044547

I find myself going from massive Star Wars fan to disliking it more each day. Disney just eliminated the EU and gave us a soulless vacume.
>>
It was a mistake, I want to turn back time and convince everyone to forgive lucas for the prequels. Maybe then, he wouldnt have felt the need to wash his hands of the series
>>
>>68044547
Absolutely. I had hoped for R1 to be better that JewJew's trash... And then I watched they trailer that just screamed "PANDERING!!". I'm done with it. These were supposed to be fun adventure stories with an interesting universe. Now it's nothing but another platform for social justice diarrhea to spew from.
>>
>>68045956
I hate Disney Wars, but literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>68044389

I think it was great, but for reasons entirely unrelated to the films.

Disney acquiring LucasArts is the only reason Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle are getting rereleases after decades of being out of print. LucasArts were notorious cunts with their IPs.
>>
>>68046122
>armed and dangerous re-release never
>rogue squadron trilogy release never

No, its because tim "3.3" schaffer needs more exposure. Nothing to with disney
>>
>>68045008
>gave most of the money to charity

No he didnt. He donates chunks here and there, which is admirable, but hes sat on his disney stock and his donations tally up to a couple hundred million, most of which went to film schools and museums, not "charity"
>>
>>68046173

Actually, Rogue Squadron was just rereleased onto Steam like a week ago. Disney is more open to making a quick buck than Lucasarts ever was.
>>
>>68047290
only 3D though, which was already the PC version. Call me when Rogue Leader aka best Rogue Squadron gets HD release
>>
>>68045238
>the acquisition was really all about the toys
If you're trying to sell toys having female leads is the stupidest thing you can do. Toy companies hate making girls in action figure lines because they sell terribly.
>>
>>68044715
TCW also had a shitload of filler to be fair though. The second season of Rebels is looking OK so far, I'm at episode 7 right now and it's much better than the first season. I still prefer TCW for the characters and the much higher production values (seriously, Rebels sometimes looks low budget as fuck) but it seems to be getting better.
>>
>>68047340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OwOpo6m53Y&nohtml5=False
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.