[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Marx Brothers movie? And why is it Duck Soup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
What is your favorite Marx Brothers movie?

And why is it Duck Soup?
>>
Night at the Opera is better and you know it.
>>
I haven't seen any but Duck Soup since I was a kid. I really should revisit them
>>
>>68040160
Horse feathers is a very close second.
>>
>Marx brothers
Take this politishit to /pol/
>>
>>68040132
The one in the department store is better. Deal with it
>>
>>68040144
I agree.
>>
>>68040132
It's the only one I've seen
>>
>>68041179
If you liked it, check out Night at the Opera, Horse Feathers and Monkey Business
>>
Groucho > Harpo > Chico > Zeppo >
>>
>>68041413
Hard to argue with that
>>
File: 1459636686765.gif (976 KB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
1459636686765.gif
976 KB, 350x253
>>68040132
ITT: poseurs
>>
Instead of Seth Rogen and his gang, people used to go watch the three funniest fuckers who ever lived. And they were all brothers! It's incredible.

>>68040132
Duck Soup is the one that works best as a film. I've seen many of them, and while they're all funny, all except Duck Soup had scenes that could have been cut. The romantic song in Animal Crackers is boring. Also, the times where Harpo and Chico play their instruments are usually very entertaining, but not integrated very well into the story. Once they went to MGM we got more of these boring useless moments with romantic leads who aren't the Marx Brothers, but even their worst movies are worth watching.
>>
>>68041303
Monkey Business. If a nightingale could sing like me...
>>
>>68041413
Yep
>>
Looks like a boring piece of shit movie

pass
>>
File: BD.jpg (43 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
BD.jpg
43 KB, 333x500
>>68040132
My favorite is Brain Donors
>>
Because it's the only one I've seen.
>>
>>68041922
I've never seen it, but Bob Nelson is the most underrated stand-up comic who ever lived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BerJdS2VJhA
>>
>>68041806
>times where Harpo and Chico play their instruments are usually very entertaining, but not integrated very well into the story
I noticed this when I first watched Monkey Business and Harpo is playing a harp for 12 minutes for no reason. I DO like Chico's piano playing though.
>>
>>68042060
The best use of those two's musical talents was probably A Night at the Opera. That scene worked really well I thought.
>>
File: The-Waterboy.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Waterboy.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
>>68042020
god damn that's fucking bobby boucher at 2:16
>>
>>68042020
you really think this is "the most underrated stand up" ever?

the guy's name is a punchline, he's known as the quintessential hacky 80's comic.

fuck man, he's using props.
>>
>>68042229
He doesn't need props. His career didn't go anywhere, though. I was in Pigeon Forge, TN, and saw he was doing a show there. I hadn't heard of him, but his brochure had quotes from Rodney Dangerfield and Johnny Carson talking about how funny he was. I looked him up and I really like his stuff. He's certainly funnier than Andrew Dice Clay, and he somehow still has a career.
>>
>>68042300
One more video for proof of his talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYAcRjrH82c
>>
Let's not forget A Day At The Races and A Night At The Opera. Movies so good that Queen named two of their albums after them. Also worthy are An Evening in Casablanca, and Love Happy which features a cameo by a very young Marilyn Monroe.

Oh, who am I kidding? The Marx Brothers never made a bad movie. They all should be watched.
>>
>>68042229
>the guy's name is a punchline
Among who?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.