[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>movie establishes he's regretful for killing zod and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: lead_960.jpg (156 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
156 KB, 960x640
>movie establishes he's regretful for killing zod and implies he has a no-kill policy now
>kills doomsday without hesitation, right after trying to murder batman
>>
it's ok, batman murders people too
>>
>>68038273
When did it say he has a no-kill policy? He literally threatens to end the Bat of Gotham if he doesnt stop himself.
>>
>>68038273
why do we have a no kill policy in the first place? One of the reasons I loved Iron Man, just fucking kills every villain he comes across

And guess what? They don't fucking come back

>"My moral code prevents me from killing someone despite dozens or hundreds of people dying while I try to subdue him, and the countless lives that will continue to die because the villain will come back again and again."

Pure capeshit bullshit
>>
Technically hes just re-killing Zod
>>
>>68038443
Life is precious and should be preserved.
However, if the villain resists being arrested and instead goes to attack/kill more people, i guess force should be used, and he should be killed as a last resort.
This is how it is in reality and should be in superhero movies, but in superhero movies there is the added difficulties that the villains actually have superpowers as well, meaning it's hard to keep them arrested and they can do a ton more damage than your average thug.

tl;dr: you're right, but he should still try to not kill
>>
>>68038753
It's just bullshit, they aren't being "noble" or "heroes" by letting them live

They are putting their moral code over the lives of people. Doing the right thing is more important than saving lives. That's a bullshit fantasy world.

And the irony is that they want to make the movie "grey" and "dark" but are keeping the one thing that makes it a bullshit super hero movie "they must never stray from the moral code, never kill the villian!"
>>
>>68038273
>it's an 18 month later episode
>viewer thinks things are exactly how they were left off
>mfw
>>
>>68038811
Well theyre superheroes.
Who gives a fuck the whole thing is fantasy
>>
>>68038273
>>movie establishes he's regretful for killing zod
where? must've missed it because I didn't see it.
>>
more like
Murderman vs Murdeman of Steel Dawn of Destruction
amirite guize
>>
Superman did literally nothing wrong in killing Zod.
>>
>>68038753
>tl;dr: you're right, but he should still try to not kill

I think Cap's approach is best. Don't kill unless you absolutely have to. But when you have to, go for it.
>>
File: 1446536108.jpg (3 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
1446536108.jpg
3 MB, 1746x4245
>>
File: 1390098307077.jpg (22 KB, 309x346) Image search: [Google]
1390098307077.jpg
22 KB, 309x346
>>68040612
Sweet Mother of fuck, /tv/'s shitposting evolved to actually contribute positively to discussion
>>
>>68041085
sorry meant for >>68040946
other memer can get fucked.
>>
>>68038443
Superman is a borderline immortal god who can take a tank round to the face. Not killing criminals and instead handing them over to authorities is the difference between him being earths guardian an being it's dictator. Obviously there's exemptions when dealing with monsters.
>>
>>68040946
Based as fuck.
>>
>>68038469
This
>>
>>68038327
As he should. A Batman that doesn't kill is a massive joke.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.