[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lmao. I just bought this movie and watched it, THIS is what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
Lmao. I just bought this movie and watched it, THIS is what you fucking autists have been so worked up about? This movie is fucking retarded, 6/10. It was fun to watch, what bothers me is that something so mindless gets so many people here upset. The movie is a fucking retard tier flick, it wasn't that bad, Star Wars has been a joke since Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>68036386
>bought
I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>68036386
>what bothers me is that something so mindless gets so many people here upset
>everyone is super serious and butthurt except me who only shitposts about these things out of amusement
that said you're right about the movie
>>
>>68036413
Yea I bought it. Also bought mockingjay part 2 which is probably going to be a slightly better movie than fucking Hype Wars.
>>
>>68036556
nah MJ Pt. 2 is boring as fuck
>>
The movie's a 7/10 objectively. Kylo Ren is a great villain, and it's well shot.
>>
>>68036386

Star Wars fan here. Fucking spot on

Movie wasn't terrible but mediocre as shit

I can't believe people are praising the living shit out of this movie
>>
>>68036588
I don't have high expectations. I somewhat enjoyed the other ones, I'm guessing I'll somewhat enjoy this one.
>>
>>68036601
OP here, I thought Kylo Ren was the best part of the movie. The only reason I'd bother watching the next episode is to see how his character plays out. I absolutely do not care at all about any of the other characters.
>>
>>68036641
The movie gets far more hate than praise on the Internet
>>
>>68036726
i feel the same. i don't care what happens to finn or rey or even poe. I want to see the end goals of snoke and his plans for Kylo and if Kylo follows those plans.
>>
>>68036726
Finn was a lovable idiot; he was fine as comic relief. The problem really is Rey. She was basically an enigmatic non-character that was good at everything.
>>
>>68037292
Finn sucked, basically Jar Jar Binks tier comic relief and plot moving device. I'd have been fine with him dying. Rey is boring. No personality, no real motive. I guess she could potentially evolve into an interesting character but she's soulless and one demensional. Much like this whole movie. Now Kylo, that's an interesting concept. I loved the character as well as the actor, great job.
>>
>>68037670
I don't get the Finn hate at all. He's the only relatable character in the film, and the only flawed protagonist. And he has an actual arc: he starts off as a cowardly guy wanting to run and ends up attempting to fight the bad guy. Comparing him to Jar Jar is a bit much.
>>
File: fun is subjective.png (934 KB, 822x919) Image search: [Google]
fun is subjective.png
934 KB, 822x919
>he buys movies instead of watching them for free.
>>
>>68036386
I had pretty much the same experience.

Once I finished my crab legs I really had no reason to stay any longer so me and my falcon left about halfway through the movie, hit the theater showers real quick, and then headed home.
>>
>>68037876
His humor wasn't funny and was borderline obnoxious, his decisions were inconsistent as a character, he was a cringey beta, and I couldn't have cared less if he died when kylo split his ass. He wasn't as bad as Jar Jar but be honest. You know he's playing the exact same role. Nothing against the actor, he was fine. I didn't like the character.
>>
>>68037876
He wasn't disliked by non-/tv/. The only real reason /tv/ hated him was because he's black
>>
>>68036386
but how does your wife's son feel about it?
>>
>>68038187
his mini character arc was going from coward to hero.
>>
>>68038187
Humor, like music, is very subjective. His goofiness just came across as endearing to me, as opposed to the wink and nod quips that make the marvel movies so unbearable.

>he was a cringy beta
Yeah, that's part of his arc. He's a weak kid who ended up finding his courage.

>his decisions were inconsistent
Not really. Once he make the decision to join the Resistsnce he behaves in ways that are congruous with that choice.
>>
>>68038493
That is an acceptable defense of Finn and I acknowledge your argument. And maybe you are right, we can't really know how good the character is until the next movies. I personally did not care for the character and thought he was Jar Jar 2.0, but I have no strong dislike for him either. Which is pretty much how I feel about the entire movie.
>>
>>68036386
The board is 80% capeshit and star wars. The retard level is off the charts.
>>
>>68038815
he'll probably be more serious with Poe in VIII. If they're abadoning the love arc from TFA, we might see more "soldier" finn. There will definitely be his nervous quips to relieve tension though.
>>
>>68038815
I'm more interested to see how they fix/justify Rey. They must know that her character is pretty reviled online
>>
"BANE!"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68038430
Wouldn't say that - he does many brave things in the first 15m of the movie.

More of overcoming his fear and individualism to help others (Han Solo Ep 4) which is a strange arc though for a soldier trained from birth.

The characterization of Finn is one of the weakest points of this movie.
>>
>>68039336
>which is a strange arc though for a soldier trained from birth.
Movies are about exceptional circumstances. I don't think that his brainwashing not taking hold is particularly far fetched in a movie about space wizard.
>>
>>68039190
>her character is pretty reviled online
You need to step outside your bubble, this isn't true at all
>>
>>68036738
This. Idk where it has gotten any praise. All I hear are people hating on it HARDCORE or people who are like "yeah, I liked it"

I haven't heard anything I would consider praise.
>>
>>68036386
>Le ROTJ was bad meme
>>
File: 1458745703121.png (53 KB, 555x126) Image search: [Google]
1458745703121.png
53 KB, 555x126
So the starkillers weapon is charged by absorbing a star, right? But isn't erasing a sun more destructive than using that power to destroy a planet? If you absorb a star you erase an entire solar system.
>>
>>68036386
that cognitive dissonance though
>>
>>68039666
The trending honest trailers video with million of views is a bubble?
>>
File: 1459941890401.jpg (60 KB, 1018x518) Image search: [Google]
1459941890401.jpg
60 KB, 1018x518
>>68039666
Shoo shoo devil trips with your incorrect opinions
>>
>>68040256
That channels whole shtick is shitting on things. They criticize every character. That's not what "reviled" is. Rey is widely really popular
>>
>>68036601
Kylo Rens a little bitch who slashes control panels when he doesn't get his way, stabbed his father for no reason, almost got beaten by one of his own Stormtroopers and did get beaten by some random desert girl. Captain Phasma achieved more in this movie than he did.
>>
>This movie is fucking retarded, 6/10
>>
>>68036386
>This movie is fucking retarded
>6/10
>It was fun to watch
>The movie is a fucking retard tier flick
>it wasn't that bad

I legitimately think you might be having a stroke.
>>
>>68040631
>stabbed his father for no reason, almost got beaten by one of his own Stormtroopers and did get beaten by some random desert girl
So either you weren't paying attention, you are badly b8'ing or you are painfully retarded.
>>
>>68036386

All that makes me mad is how obsessed people are with it. But I agree.
>>
>>68036738
>>68039689
If you browse anywhere besides 4chan you would know that normies love it. The fan rating is like 9/10 on most websites.
>>
>>68036738
The only people talking about it now are the people that hated it
>>
>>68041090
>If you browse anywhere besides 4chan
Ah yes, there's the problem.
>>
>>68036386
Interesting fact. Finn pushes the wrong part of the lightsaber to activate it. He never actually turns it on and this made it into the production.
>>
>>68041154
You are referencing the normie opinion and acting like 4chan is the normie opinion that is retarded...
>>
>>68041178

I can't tell you how depressed it makes me that you think anyone cares.
>>
>>68041228
It's more sad that you let the opinion of a random anon depress you rather than a major movie production missing something as simple as the proper turn on switch for a lightsaber.
>>
>>68041212
wtf are you talking about dipshit?
The problem is that I don't browse anywhere besides 4chan, so I don't know that normies love the movie. Idk what the fuck you're going on about.
>>
>>68041273
I don't know which of the dumbasses that I originally replied to but both of you said the internet has given it no praise. 4chan is not the entire internet and is probably the worse source for a general opinion. You are claiming the whole internet hates the movie based on what you see here. Because you are an idiot.
>>
>>68041251

>actually being this autistic

Jesus Christ
>>
>>68041410
Anon you are on the wrong board if you don't give a shit about the film industry this is /tv/
>>
>>68041456

>picks something nobody would ever conceivably care about in a movie with a ton of actual shit wrong with it

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>68041320
>You are claiming the whole internet hates the movie based on what you see here.
Where?
>>
>>68041491
>the most iconic weapon in film being used wrong isn't noticeable
>trying to hide idiocy by generic "shit wrong with it" posting
Go home Abrams you're an idiot.
>>
>>68041494
Let me help you by linking you to your own post for a second time
>>68039689
>>68036738
If you weren't one of these I don't know why you replied to my reply to them in the first place.
>>
>>68036386
>You fucking idiots love this shit? It was a good movie but it sucked. What is wrong with you cucks?
Chill out buddy. I think you are confusing this place with comicon or something. Without reading this thread I am going to wager that 97% of the posts are people either saying it was okay-good or that it was disappointing. Clearly the only one here who is worked up is you.

On that note, this series has never been spectacular... kids saw it in the 70s, loved it (because children have a limited scope of reality), grew up into adults, wanted their kids to love it, and now a handful of people harp about how great the series is despite the fact that it has always been mediocre, on average (and you cant blame the prequels entirely for that, no matter how hard you may try)
>>
>>68041796

The first was a solid movie and the second is a masterpiece, come on now. But the first one just blew people away because it was so unlike anything that had come before it. I think people are overstating what TFA is because they want it to be like that, but that shit ain't gonna happen again. It's like thinking you can go back to before there were cars and see a car for the first time.
>>
>>68041592
Because you're a faggot.

And for the record, he didn't "claim the whole internet hates the movie based on what you see here", he just said he hadn't heard any praise. He kept it completely subjective.

But I get it, you don't care because you're a huge fag.
>>
>>68041839
The second was ruined for my generation because (SPOILER ALERT) literally every human from the Kuiper Belt to the Sun's core know that DV is Luke's daddy-o. Kinda kills a major plot point. I largely agree with you though. First one was pretty good. Second one was pretty good. Unless they are going to change the game again, though, the magic of IV and V is tapped out.
>>
>>68041972

I think Empire is a solid enough movie that knowing the plot twist doesn't ruin it, but I understand. I'm born in 85, and I'm pretty sure I knew before I saw it.
>>
>>68041947
>You're a faggot
>You're a huge fag
Nice. You really upped your argument here. Why did you butt in on this anyways? Do you think you understand what he is thinking better than he does? Notice how he isn't responding because he realized his mistake. Realize yours and fuck off.
>>
>>68042151
>You really upped your argument here
I wasn't trying to up my argument, you fag. I was just calling you a faggot, fag.

P.S. I didn't read the rest of your post.
fag
>>
File: 1460041065363s.jpg (3 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
1460041065363s.jpg
3 KB, 113x125
>>68036386
>Lmao. I just bought this movie
We should be the ones laughing at you.
>>
>>68042338
This is the part where I get to post a faggot post about how good it felt to shit all over you for being an idiot. gg anon
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.