[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his motive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: 1453925853717.jpg (32 KB, 509x404) Image search: [Google]
1453925853717.jpg
32 KB, 509x404
What was his motive?
>>
>>68028645
He didn't give a fuck
>>
His hair
>>
seemed like a good idea at the time
>>
It's a living.
>>
autism
>>
Getting the case back, with no survivors
>>
>>68028645
justice
llewelyn had no business taking that money. he deserved to die for stealing it.
>>
the coin don't lie
>>
>>68028645
Some niggas always tryin ta ice skate uphill
>>
>>68028645
>>68028645
Greed
>>
he was a metaphor, an aphorism if you will
>>
Fate

The pursuit of resolution in a world of machinations. His cycles of guilt, in his eyes can only be broken by becoming what life drives him towards. He has submitted himself to his craft of killing, and carries this to it's fullest extent, with the job being the reward. His penchant for murder is almost derived from divine intervention as his apprehension at touching blood due to it being a spiritual weakness. His obsession with fate comes from his precognicent knowledge of his place as a villain, and often supersedes it when he turns an eye toward extending the runtime. His predisposition of cold callous calculation is a mirror of a ever growing secular society.

Pure kinography.
>>
What's the motive of a hurricane?

He's the personification of a force of a nature.
>>
>>68028645
Kill guy to get back the money.

Is this a real question?
>>
What would you do if Sugar was going after you
>>
>>68029125
kill myself to spare myself from the fear
>>
He liked to kill things and used the fate/coin toss as his justification. See the scene where he shoots at a crow for no reason, or insist that Llewlyn's wife "must" call the coin then seems to kill her anyway
>>
>>68028686
Came here to post this.
>>
>>68029125
Keep traveling in one direction for a while before turning 90 degrees and continuing in another.
>>
>>68028732
THE COIN HAS NO SAY

IT'S JUST YOU
>>
Was he the devil?
>>
>>68029125
turn 360 and walk away
>>
how was woody harrelson able to find llewellyn so fast?
>>
File: stelio.jpg (29 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
stelio.jpg
29 KB, 500x282
>>68028645
Stelio! Stelio kontos!
>>
>>68028645
He just was. He is a representation of death, you can get kill in any moment in any second.
He believe it in just pure luck and chaos (in the sense that stuff just happen)
>>
>>68029390
Kek
>>
>>68029362
he just followed chigurgh and then went ahead
>>
>>68029125
Get all the lucky shit I can get in my hand.
That coin toss is going to decide my destiny
>>
Why did he fuck with that guy who owned the gas station?
>>
>>68029521
He didn't have enough money to pay for his snack or the gas, all he had was a quarter
>>
>>68029521
He was annoying him.
>>
death
>>
>>68028645
He believes in the meme of randomness.
>>
>>68029521
he was fat
>>
when lewellyn got home after swimming away from the attack dog, why didn't he just take his girlfriend and get on a plane?

Why did he decide to drive around and stay in a random motel?
>>
>>68028645
he's judge holden grandson
>>
>>68029125
Throw a bunch of coins at him like Batman did in Batman Forever.
>>
>>68028645
he hated the conversation at his hair dresser, so he decided to cut it himself and kill everyone else.
>>
>>68029125
Find the nearest payphone and tell the FBI the child caresser they were looking for got hold of a bolt pistol and a funky new haircut.
>>
>>68030300
fucking kek
>>
>>68028645
>his motive?
Badassery.
>>
He wanted to impress Jodie Foster
>>
>>68029125
during our final conversation I'd impress him with my nihilistic outlook and wicked sense of humor
>>
File: 1375466040789.jpg (72 KB, 363x364) Image search: [Google]
1375466040789.jpg
72 KB, 363x364
>>68028645
He wanted to win the title of /tv/'s #1 virgin numale cancer meme, but baneposting beat him to it.
>>
>>68028645
absolute madman
>>
>>68029125
nothing, he's a fictional character
>>
It was symbolic bantz thrashing Tommy Lee Jones
>>
we don't know where he comes from or where he's headed at the end. we get clues about his motives - some demented moral code - but clues are all we get. the only thing a rational person could do is avoid such a creature.

most chilling antagonist in cinema since Hopkins' performance in Silence of the Lambs (I'd be happy to be corrected on that)
>>
>>68028686
I have the same hair and voice as him, and constant angry look.
>>
>>68028645
Money.

He wanted that 2 million for himself.
>>
>>68028645
I haven't read the book, but I've heard that it's pretty anti-capitalistic. How Chigurh represents human greed and how our system rewards psychopaths isn't told to reader with much subtlety.
>>
He's a psychopath that turned his condition into a business prospect, the case is only a physical object that gives him a purpose to kill but really he just likes the killing its his calling it's the only thing he cares about. He's playing his game and he intends to win it
>>
>>68029362
The movie establishes how out of his depth llweyln is by how both wells and chigurh know where he is without any foreshadowing for the viewer

Reality is Chigurh knew he injured llwelyn too good for him to not be hospitalized and wells saw the blood from the shootout and looked for the nearest hospital

Wells is almost the smartest character in the movie when you consider that he A. knew Moss stashed the money somewhere along his blood trail and B. that Moss needed leverage from the lightpoles to throw over the fence while injured. That allows him to find the money without much effort.

He even checks into the eagle motel making a reasonable assumption that Anton wasnt crazy enough to go back to a place where he comitted a murder the night before. His only miscalculation was that yes, Anton is that insane.
>>
>>68033622
It's not really anticapitalistic in any overt sense but there is much less subtlety about a percieved inablity of comprehend the existence of pure evil.
>>
File: 1459220080973.jpg (651 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
1459220080973.jpg
651 KB, 1024x1212
>>68028645

he did it for the keks
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.