[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So lets address the gaping hole in Star Wars, Something as large
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 24.jpg (41 KB, 785x280) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
41 KB, 785x280
So lets address the gaping hole in Star Wars, Something as large as the Death Star could not possibly enter Hyperspace.
In fact without the evidence of being in orbit of Alderaan and later showing up at Yavin no one knew the thing could actually move.
It's a brick in Space
>>
it's just a movie you fucking retard
>>
>>68023233
>Something as large as the Death Star could not possibly enter Hyperspace.
How do you know that?
>>
>>68023259
savage
>>
>>68023259
/thread

OP on suicide watch
>>
File: 14.jpg (3 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
3 KB, 345x146
plot a course to the far side of that gas giant ! ?

Cool Story

why not destroy
1 attack directly and forget the Gas Giant? or
2 Blow up the gas giant and then Yavin ?
>>
>>68023233
Physics are different in the Star Wars universe you mega retard. There's sound in space.
>>
>>68023233
but the deathstar never went into hyperspace
>>
>>68023430
The Force is strange but there are plenty of bodies flying down shafts to demonstrate that gravity is a constant 1 earth G
Now try generating a gravity well large enough to rip a small moon through space faster than the speed of light,

Check and mate, I accept your unconditional surrender.
>>
>>68023233
why couldn't it enter hyperspace? what evidence do you have supports the claim that the deathstar couldn't move through hyperspace
>>
>>68023498
So Alderaan and Yavin were neighboring planets? is that what you're saying?
>>
>>68023233
>this fictional machine couldn't possibly perform this fictional function
k
>>
>>68023368
It takes like 24 hrs to charge death star 1 its a little faster to navigate around the planet
>>
>>68023233
>Implying The Death Star is supposed to move.

The Empire builds a new one near the planets they need to kill. Did you even pay attention to the film?
>>
>>68023233
>Something as large as the Death Star could not possibly enter Hyperspace.

Why?
>>
>>68023368
It costs money to fire the laser. Think of it like an ICBM WMD. They're hundreds of millions of dollars each.
Plus, I think blowing up a gas giant at that range would have negative repercussions on the whole system and possibly destroy the death star as well.
>>
>could not possibly enter hyperspace

Citation needed

How come those internal pictures of the deathstar depict giant hyperdrive engines, huh, OP?
>>
>Something could not possibly enter Hyperspace. Hyperspace doesn't exist. FTL travel is completely fictional. We're never leaving this planet.

Fix'd.
>>
>>68023645
So why not by pass the gas giant and come out of hyperspace beside Yavin?
>>
>>68023233
How did the Millenium Falcon fly from Hoth to the asteroid field to Bespin without a working hyperdrive?
>>
>>68023571
Try proving a negative
>>
>>68023233
Tell me everything else you know about hyperspace physics, time traveler.

I want to build a fucking hyperdrive.
>>
>>68023603
Yeah all the planets in that galaxy are all right next to each other.... didn't you see the force awakens?
>>
>>68023816
The Star Wars Galaxy is only 14 parsecs wide anyway.
>>
>>68023683

The only thing I can think that would be the basis of their reasoning is that gravity wells disrupt hyperspace travel, which is why there are things like Interdictor ships, and that Death Star's own gravity well would be considerable. But I have no idea if there's ever been any indication that an object's own gravity would prevent hyperspace travel. I mean, all Star Wars ships generate their own gravity, but that doesn't seem to affect their travel. It's not like they have hyperspace gates or wormholes of a particular size they have to worry about fitting in, as some settings do.
>>
There was a scene explaining it but it was removed because it triggered jews and sjws with its logic which is a straight white male trait
>>
File: mcgann1.jpg (29 KB, 620x317) Image search: [Google]
mcgann1.jpg
29 KB, 620x317
>>68023810
I am forbidden by the High Council of Gallifrey
>>
>>68023926
Fun fact: there have literally been published humanities papers in which university professors argue that mathematics is not objective because it primarily takes the reasoning of only a few demographics and there is no reason to prefer it over whatever a group of black people would declare to be mathematics.
>>
>>68024315

source?
>>
>>68023233
It must be physically painful trying to find logic in everything, especially fiction.
>>
Fuck you OP, btw check out these dubs.--->
>>
>>68024369
The source was suppressed by Reddit because of the Jews
>>
>>68024369
I saw copies of some of the papers but don't remember where.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnomathematics#Political_math
Might be a good starting point if you're interested in digging them up.
>>
>>68024610

Literally nothing on the page supports anything you said.
>>
File: 1444737759053.jpg (47 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
1444737759053.jpg
47 KB, 650x427
>>68023259
Fat permavirgin OP fucking shredded
>>
>>68024656
I think you might be able to find some place where it said people were questioning whether the epistemological basis of mathematics was objective or not if you were literate.

That said I didn't link it as evidence, just a starting point if the other guy wanted to try to find the papers.
>>
>>68024782

So you made it up
>>
It's not something I really thought about until it was made clear the Starkiller needs to eat a sun every time it fires
>>
>>68023233
a brick in space still moves
check m8
>>
>>68024876
I read papers and did not save the urls in some kind of database of everything I have ever read. If you think that implies I made it up maybe you should show an ethnomathematician your snazzy new system of logic.

I did see another section of the page which you were apparently incapable of reading though. >Another example is Richard Askey, who accuses[39] Focus on Algebra, the same Addison-Wesley textbook criticized by Marianne M. Jennings, of teaching pseudoscience, claiming for South Sea islanders mystic knowledge of astronomy more advanced than scientific knowledge.
Some of the links to references in that section might help you find the papers if you ever modify your system of logic to recognize that not seeing something does not mean it does not exist.
>>
>>68023233
Why would hyperspace travel care about mass, much less volume of an object? Considering the Death Star has the power generation capabilities to violently explode a planet, I'm sure it can generate whatever power is necessary to trigger an interaction with hyperspace.

>>68023368
It's possible jovian planets have mass or density issues that wouldn't make them feasible or efficient to destroy with the Death Star, or perhaps doing so could be dangerous to the Death Star itself, while it was established the Death Star can destroy a terrestrial planetary type object and have no problem dealing with the aftermath of the event.

And about having to sublight course around the gas giant, it's possible that there is no decent way to have plot a hyperspace course to the other side at the time (even the Falcon, which was known to have among the best hyperdrives in the galaxy, entered the system on the far side of the moon).

>>68023746
Don't be a buzzkill.

>>68023776
It took a little while. Also Bespin and Hoth systems are relatively close (both in the same sector). Of course interstellar travel at relativistic speeds still takes longer than depicted in the movie, and it's probably my main nitpick of Empire. Although it's possible there is a small pulse type drive that isnt full on hyperspace travel but can do FTL jumps, I dunno.
>>
>>68023646
Were they going to destroy Endor when they were done?
>>
>>68025269
they were going to destroy anything associated with the rebels
>>
>>68025269
No, that Death Star was just a way to lure the rebels in.
>>
Uhh... Size matters not?
>>
>>68025876
They pushed the Deathstar into hyperspace with the Force?
>>
>>68023233
It can because it did. Eat shit.
>>
>>68023368
>Blow up the gas giant and then Yavin ?
Yavin is the gas giant. The rebel base is on its fourth moon.
>>
>>68023765
That's not how hyperspace works.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.